[ARM] Automation RestoMod Chapter 31: TreadKillers Open

ARM 31 - TreadKillers Open

First ARM Previous ARM WTF is ARM

WELCOME!
To the first ~TreadKillers Open~

In this competition, tuning shops all over the globe come together to battle each other to show, who is the best builder and deserving of the TreadKillers Trophy!

The Score

We will provide every shop with a car and you can do whatever you think fits your provided base best.
Want to go full Hotrod or Lowrider? Get the saw.
Race it on or off the tarmac? Roll in the tubing.
Go full Underground Racer? We got neon by the tanker.

What we are looking for:

:star: :star: :star: :star:

Love to Detail:
We want to see your shop pour out their love and care for these build.
Show of those buggy-spring. Make 200kg of fiberglass bumpers. Put that V8 into the back.
We want to see you go 110% into your concept

:star: :star: :star:

Spirt of the base car:

While we always encourage people to cut apart the car as much as possible, we are not looking for a kitcar. Your build should be true to the original car, not just a firewall with fiberglass.

:star: :star:

Performance:

No rolling chassis! You build it, you drive it here.
Even if we won’t battle these cars 1 on 1 in a race, their performance should at least match the shell

:star:

Cost:
You can spend whatever kind of money you have on these… maybe just don’t go Calvinator.

The car

Honhonhon

Everyone will be given a french goober, aka a 1951 Renwoo Merci!

What you do with it, is truly up to you

Rules

• Clone both the imported model and engine family before you start modding. Nowadays this can all be done with one button of the Car Designer tab in Automation - the one circled red in the photo below.

• Set all dates (model year, trim year, engine family/variant year) to 2020. It is highly recommended to exit the game and reopen it after cloning it and before updating the dates.
  • Keep the Techpool at the default +5
  • You must post an ad with at least 1 picture of your car on this thread.

CAR REQUIREMENTS

• … at least some kind of resemblance to the original car would be good

ADVANCED TRIM SETTINGS

• yes

Inspirations

No ideas? Take a look in here

7b687b2d68ff63d1f0d977a2cd7616cd

3799974657_4e057d9829

hq720

Submissions

Start:
15.10.2024 - 12:00pm GMT+1

Close:
5.11.2024 - 12:00pm GMT+1

• Naming convention: car Model and engine Family shall be “ARM31 - (your forum name and anything else you want)”. Trim and variant unrestricted.
  • Submitting: DM me your .car and post an advert publically

Car

ARM31-[USERNAME]_-_Renwoo_Merci_OpenTop_CLONE_ME.car (61.8 KB)

12 Likes

Oh lawd have Merci…

3 Likes

Given the adaptability of the base car, the exact amount of performance required depends on what you want your build to be about - a relaxed beach cruiser won’t need a lot of power, just enough to avoid being left behind in traffic, but a drift/drag/circuit build will need way, way more than that.

1 Like

So, do you still want it to be a performance-focused car then? Or are non-performance builds ok, like a limo or something?

Yep. All valid. I Just dont want 30hp Time Attack builds or 1000hp Luxury builds or something

3 Likes

With the budget more or less unlimited, will you do anything to counteract unrealistic quality spam?

You will get a very, very, very mean look and you will be publicly shamed

10 Likes

MY NAME IS TRUE MILITARY PATRIOT AND THIS IS MY CAR

RENWOO MERCI MEEP IS MY BEST FRIEND WHEN IT COMES TO RUNNING OVER THOSE DAMN ENEMIES!
THE TANK TRACKS REALLY CREATE FOR SOME GOOD OL’ MELEE FIGHTING! LIKE A HORSE!

I SWAPPED IN THE ENGINE FROM THE JEEP WRANGLER AND IT FITS EVEN IF IT BURNS MY LEGS TO HIT TOP SPEEDS EVEN THE ENEMY CANT IMAGINE!!! (Moving)

THE OPEN ROOF IS VERY USEFUL FOR SHOOTING PIGEONS AND OTHER RENWOO MERCIS.

WHAT

I EAT THE WEAK FOR BREAKFAST

HAHA YOU CANT SEE ME EAT SHIT

BUY NOW

ARM31_-Djadania-_Renwoo_Merci_Meep.car|attachment (175.0 KB)

11 Likes

Ah yes. Submissions open

1 Like

Renwoo Merci DeuxDossettes Racer

Presented by --UNDRLVD_CSTMS--

DeuxDossettes (Two pods) is taking the Merci and doing something you shouldn’t. There is no heritage, there is no god. There is only taking things and doing incredibly stupid things to them.

Engine? It’s in the rear now. What is it? 1.6L Single Turbo V6. Power? Enough.

Car’s made of carbon now, hope you like that. Wheelbase is longer, clearly. But the ass is like, really long. I mentioned I like hot wheels right? Should be obvious what car I based this thing on.

I didn’t know how the roof went so I had to suck it up and do an interior. I hate them, so this is the best you’re gonna get. What I do like is roll cages though, so that has some effort done to it.

Enjoy.

7 Likes

We took the Merci and showed it a little love. We put a F1 inspired 3.3L V10 and sequential 6speed in the middle, then we lightly reshaped the body to keep it close to stock before mounting some F1 styled aero work to the front and rear while keeping the original top in functional condition.

ARM31-PhirmEggPlant_-_Renwoo_Merci_OpenTop_F1.car (65.0 KB)

2 Likes

-Renwoo Merci ClosedTop Track Car-

This Merci was built for track days, giving you all the fun of a small light car while modernizing the driving experience for better and easier control.

This Merci is powered by a Turbocharged 1.5L Inline 4 making just over 210hp. This may not seem like much, but due to the Merci’s already lightweight construction, this car goes over 170mph(273kph) with a 0-60 In just under 4.5 seconds.

Stats

3 Likes

Renwoo Merci OpenTop “L’Inspecteur”

Have you ever thought about mating a french sh- ahem tin can with a purebred racing car? No? Well then we have problems…

The rear subframe and bodywork has been replaced with the ones used in the Montiago Prototype Challenge, and the puny original engine has also been replaced with a 4.8L V8 from the same series. Up front, it has a Formula One style front wing and nosecone, where it derives its name due to it looking like a stereotypical French detective

Despite all the modifications, it still only clocks in at 53K AMU, making it a great value proposition for those wishing to drive a furious italian stallion while still only having the money for a bucket of baguettes

6 Likes