Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

Made a minimal edit which somehow is about the same, yet slightly better in just about every way

*Submitted

1 Like

Look at how stumpy my car is.

Look at it!
Tiny little trunket on the back

And another picture

The back of this car look so weird to me…

5 Likes

So this is what we’ll be fighting … interesting :smirk:

I have to say, @Nomade0013 you did an incredible job at balancing engine head types though. :joy:

5 Likes

I just stole it from the Dalnit-Bralka Rally challenge :wink: and then recalculated it a little bit

1 Like

They really are balanced quite well, I wonder if they cost about the same

That you guys need to compare and find out… finding the best valvetrain in terms of performance per dollar is your winning tactic, not something we’re going to tell you :yum:

You guys and your interesting cars.

Oh Wait.

I have a Van.

10 Likes

SpaceBus™

If I haven’t PMed you, your car passed the scrutinizing. Now I’ll write the review.

4 Likes

Wooo hoo, I ended up to busy to actually post my racemodded (read reworked to use race parts version), no big deal though, I’m expecting a middle of the road finish for my tiny car

I suppose it’s a bit late to submit a revision now,
I squeezed 500hp out of my engine and stuff

Sorry, it is. But to be sincere I don’t think 500hp would do any good for you, all you would get more is wheel spin.
I’m finishing the reviews, should be out soon.

4 Likes

I got it like another second faster on the att

I got no clue how to get 500hp within the regulations of this challenge, but wheelspin isn’t the slightest of a problem to me. My car tops out in gearing on the half mile :smiley:

yeah, i only got 400 sumit

For what I saw right now, the best engine designs were the DOHC and the OHV V8, they where the only ones that got more than 440hp, so you can expect a re-balancing next round.
I’m thinking about limiting the V8s to OHV only, the I6 and V6 up to SOHC and DAOHC and the I4 can choose up to DOHC 2V, so the DOHC 4V and 5V would be banned. This way we can have a more diversified grid, since we got around half the grid with 4.2L DOHC V8s.
What you think?

Good, but why ban DOHC 4V/5V if it’s limited to I4’s anyways?

We might even see some I4’s with this kind of ruleset if DOHC 4V is allowed :smiley:

Xoury - Apex.zip (21.5 KB)

That’s what I got after touching it more
like 503hp

2 Likes

To tell the true, it’s because DOHC was used basically by Alfa Romeo at the '80s and they only used 2V. So to use it on mid '70s sounds a little to early to me, but can be done, if you guys think it would be better.

but they were using DOHC 4v setups in the 1920’s. they only came to production cars by the late 70’s/early 80’s

1 Like