Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

y;know what, i did the dumb.

Presenting my entrant for the 1978/79 season of the ABL…

The Bogliq entry from last season was too heavy and pushrod V8’s weren’t a suitable image for the Dolphin so Bogliq has supplied the JDM spec Slyde for entry into the 1978 ABL… The engineers at Bogliq have always seen the ABL as an excellent testing ground for new tech, so the JDM Slyde has been fitted with a compliant engine and the best turbo possible within the budget. Bogliq HQ would love to see a win for the Slyde but no-one in marketing are holding their breath!

If you’re interested in a new for '78 Slyde or any other Bogliq product, don’t hesitate to contact your local Bogliq dealer; who will be happy to arrange a test drive and finance options if required.

Buy better, buy Bogliq

9 Likes

2 days, 6 1/2 hours left … just a reminder, as I haven’t got that many entries so far.

@ramthecowy it should be CEST, not CET btw :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You’ll have my car tonite, or at the very least, tomorrow. Busy month at work :expressionless: |

2 Likes

How many hours left? @FrankNSTein

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/cest

31st March 23:59 on that clock :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll enter with this same car, just like it is. Hope we have some nice races this round.

This time around i’ll enter a Scarab Eruption GT '78 with a 2l turbocharged engine

7 Likes

I always intended to join a while ago, but stuff happened and I managed to forget about it…but not today. Coming in last place as always, is the General Industries Savannah Offroad with a big meaty 5L OHV V8.

5 Likes

Megalodon

5 Likes

FUCK, accidently deleted my car after the last changes :weary:. Had more than one with the ABL tag and had a engine variant which was used there.
FUCK FUCK FUCK

Letto Motors is Back to Backmarker Again, This time with the 1978 Verdura Powered by the NAV8:

Priced right at the Budget, $17000

Only Slightly Slower around the ATT than our 72/73 entry, the Andare (Andare done 142.07, the Verdura does 142.46)

4 Likes

I’ve entered into the ABL myself for the first time. Let’s see how this goes. From what I can gather it should be in the upper end of the midfield. A great big pushrod V8 was shoehorned into the little not-Starion body for my entry and whatever I could manage with my sloppy styling, I tried.

4 Likes

So will my 300kw V8 be enough to offset the weight penalty. Can’t wait to find out!

2 Likes

sorry to break it to you. you’re gonna have a bad time. the top dogs of the '72 was at least 10 secs faster on average.

I’m Aware of that, That’s why I Mentioned I’m back to Backmarker again, I Know I’ll be in the back.

1 Like

Well all entries have been received, so results should start going up not too long from now. :innocent:

4 Likes

I dont’t know if i can participate this year (submitted today :cry:) But i will show something, the engine is the same as this i thought to submit but the car is only a updated version of last season.

This is my Turbo-I4 from this year

2 Likes

Entries are now officially closed. Any new cars I get from now on do not participate at the challenge.

Got a couple of late entries, I decided to still take them as no information was revealed that would give them an advantage of some kind.

1 Like

Thank you!

So again a FR Rally car but now with improved aerodynamik (mostly optical thanks to a rear wing)

1 Like