Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

Yeah the LeMans prototype looking car fits the V8 mid long and mid trans, it’s heavy with all steel so if you didn’t want the extra 200kgs you’d have to pony up for a aluminum or fiberglass shell, but even at 1250kgs my engine was seeing a top speed of 300kph with some downforce.

This body is banned :-).

I was just thinking about that :joy:
But it won’t happen this round, since we already showed the rules and the 1 day for changes passed.

The biggest problem of the body I’m using is the weight, it is 80kg over the weight limit and I can’t make it lighter, so it won’t be so fast.

Yeah does anyone got a Turbo engine which is produces better lap-times than the NA?

I suck at turbo tunning, so no =/

My turbo is faster than NA on most tracks, but I haven’t spend that much time tuning the NA yet. Drag race is worse ofcourse.

Damn, i don’t know why but i have alot more Power but i can’t get near my NA time.

Are we doing flying laps or standing starts? This could be important because my turbo takes a while to powerup

AFAIK, none of the tracks we’re using have flying variants

Good to know. If there will be enought time, I’ll try NA build soon to see if that heavy iron block can really be fast :slight_smile:

Probably too much turbo lag, try to make some bigger usable rpm range.
Also the gearing for these engines are different, this impact a lot at the final time.

Yeah i know, but i had a better 0-100 time a better 80-120 time same corner speed and lost about 4-5s per lap

Drivability too low?

That can be an issue with such turbo engines, if the drivability is below some key value (somewhere around 10-15), laptimes drastically suffer.

Ahh okay, thats possible. Never thought about that, but is this a hard cap? or is a high drivability important for lap times?

I never experiemented too much with this, I think upwards from, like I said, 10-15, it doesn’t matter at all. Going below 10 costs a lot of time.

(Correct me if anyone knows more about it)

Thanks guys

I think that made the trick. Only one second away at the att but alot better!

that’s the main reason i didn’t use the not911.

What? Drivability?

yep.

But we are not putting the engine in the butt…I don’t understand. Anyway, game is up, trying my luck with NA