Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

Oh this sound like fun :slight_smile:

EDIT: ohh you sneaky bast****…I4 does not fit in the rear of not911
EDIT2: and not even in mr wedge… pure evil

5 Likes

Ohh yeah sounds awesome! I would have bet on those bodies again. But I will not use them again, I like to be different than the mainstream.

At this Moment i can tell you that i don’t lost alot Time at the ATT. Weight is 1026,5 now.

3 Likes

I’m trying to use the 2 door hatch but it’s not working. way too heavy.

I’am sad thath the Saab body is to old now, every season i build one and now after the lack of top speed last season i wanted to build a over 300km/h fast car. No I found something between the saab and the Rally-Shorttrack-Kornerkiller. But as every car i build until now Its again a Wheel-Spinnig FR maschine.

Barth body??

1 Like

Not allowed, sorry.

1 Like

soo…this body on the picture is not allowed? i don’t know the type of this body(mod or not a mod)

That exact body is not. If it does not have a red R on it then it is allowed.

1 Like

Every body with a big red R/M/F in it is a Barth body?

AFAIK R bodies allow bigger engines and rear engine. Correct me if I’m wrong!

1 Like

Good to know!

@ramthecowy thanks! :slight_smile:

Guys if I’m wrong please do make sure to call me out on it!

1 Like

This season is really hard to get similar lap-times like last season, or do you guys have found noticable time?

My times are a LOT faster on the high speed courses due to the extra hp, but the drag races and slow speed tight tracks I’m a slower due to the lack of low end torque and rear weight bias from the rear mounted twin turbo v8 last season.

Here is the widowmaker MK2 lots of changes due to the larger bore V8 engine being moved to the front, we at CPV miss our twin turbos but are happy with the top end power we managed to extract from this naturally aspirated 5.0.

5 Likes

Looks like this Porsche body is the way to go if you want to win, because of the low weight and low center of gravity, what gives it a great cornering capability.
Another good choice would be a hot-hatch as we saw last round, even better if it’s a MR.

However I will use a muscle like body, something similar to a Ford Maverick, because a push rod V8 deserves to be inside the right body. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yeah the Porsche body is really fucking fast with a low drag, but i really don’t want to usw ist. Now iam using the Push-rod thing. I really try to usw the i4-t. It like there is a bug or anything. I have better acceleration times better weight balance more corner speed but slower track times. And alot more power.

1 Like

That’s a sweet looking little not Gremlin, from the numbers it looks like your close to my power level too it’ll be fun to see how we stack up. but don’t forget SBC’s, Clevelands, and Mopar big block all were shipped out to European manufacturers as well. Not to mention the racing legend that is the AC cobra. American Pushrods and euro handling have a long history IRL.

1 Like

Nothing remotley aerodynamic can fit any engine in the middle or back so it’s reeaaalllyy hard to justify not using not911 body. It’s so op it could even be banned for winners :wink:

ah, there are a couple of options