Automation Community Racing league future?

Which games would you like the Automation league to race in?

• LFS S1 and/or S2
  • Asseto Corsa
  • Project Cars
  • Race07 (simBin pack)
  • Nooo, free LFS only!

0 voters

Hey guys, after 2 mostly successful LFS races, I think we should discuss the future of the league.

The LFS Demo that we used is great because it’s free and runs on anything better than a Raspberry Pi.
The problem is that because it’s a demo it only have 3 cars and 2 versions of a track.

To keep things fresh we want some more variety but of course we don’t know which games people have and are willing to play, so if you could please vote on all of the games you would be willing race in. Also comment, suggestion etc. about the games and the league in general are welcome.

About the games

LFS S1 and/or S2
as mentioned it will run on anything.
Medium price point (~16 EUR per tier)

Asseto Corsa
Better performance than ProjectCars but low end PCs will still struggle
High price point (46 EUR or 60 EUR with the DLC packs)

Project Cars
The most demanding game on the list. Won’t run on cheap or older PCs
High price (50 EUR not including DLC)

Race07
it’s an older game so most PCs should run it just fine
Low price (10 EUR for Race Injection which as far as I can tell includes Race07 and most of the DLC. Or 30 EUR (no sale price) for the SimBin mega bundle)

I’d personally be ready to race anything but project cars.

An other suggestion that I have for the league might be to have some sort of rotation of the popular sims, as well as maybe 1 race/month in the LFS demo to try to get people hooked :smiley:

I will try out a Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server soon for the people living in the Non-EU coutry to see how the ping behaves.
In “international” racing it will be hard to satisfy everyone in terms of the ping.

About the games: Assetto Corsa all the way. Yes it costs money, but its damn good. Everyone should own it.
Theres rFactor 2 and RaceRoom Experience too, but i don’t think they are that good. rFactor 2 has an excellent physics simulation, but it can be highly frustating for other people, as its (in my opinion) hard/quite realistic.

AC please. Dibs on RUF :smiley:

AssCo ftw

I would be very interested in an Assco league!

Pyrlix, hit me up about the server testing a good few hours before it opens up, I still will need to install the game, but I can see what’s the ping like from Europe.

So it’s AssCo now? I’ll go with that, hardly played it since I bought it.

Dare I suggest anything console based?

Dare thee not, since my PS3 is only prepared to do GT6 :stuck_out_tongue:

That would mean that an entry cost for me would mean shelling out extra few quid for a console aswell… I’d prefer to spend that money on a turbo manifold :slight_smile:

nope. no console… my motorbike cost less than a brand new PS4 :confused:

anyway… while it’s really pricey for me… it’s not my main problem

i might be able to run it, on the graphic settings maxed out to the left :smiley:
but that’s if im alone, i dunno about having multiple cars on the track. not to mention constant 300+ms ping

although if i do end up buying it. is the dream pack also worth it? if i buy the game with the pack, it’s pretty significantly cheaper. but i don’t know what’s in them

Why not add Iracing to that list? I think that it would be a good addition to that list.

Only if you turn all the driving aids off. I will drive behind you, purely to see your ass-heavy ass get all out of shape at the end of long straights :laughing:

[quote=“strop”]

Only if you turn all the driving aids off. I will drive behind you, purely to see your ass-heavy ass get all out of shape at the end of long straights :laughing:[/quote]

They’re always off :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

doesnt it ask for monthly payments?

[quote=“squidhead”]

doesnt it ask for monthly payments?[/quote]

no, you pay the whole payment and you get Iracing for the amount of time that you select but if you cancel the next payment you won’t loose any progress when you go to renew Iracing :smiley:

Then, doesn’t that mean if you aren’t currently paying, you can’t play it? That’s still pretty much a subscription service!

[quote=“squidhead”]

Only if you turn all the driving aids off. I will drive behind you, purely to see your ass-heavy ass get all out of shape at the end of long straights :laughing:

They’re always off :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:[/quote]

Perfect time then to employ my patented ‘oh, I’m sorry I ran you into the sand trap, my braking point was a bit off because there’s not as much downforce when I’m drafting’ technique :smiling_imp:

(Casually suggests Forza just so I can pick the Gurka/Hummer to drive into everybody)

For you two i opened a AC-Server on my server that also runs the “Official” TS3 server.
The IP is 37.120.160.45 (as usual) and can be found ingame as the

Enjoy testing!

Ruf’s braking points are so early I’ll be brake checking you all the time then :smiley: