Automation Community Racing league future?

If anyone wants to race with us today, please join us on the automation IRC at around 17h30~17h55

We are going to be doing the races I posted earlier, each followed by 5 minutes of qualifying.

Please note that it is mostly a for fun testing event, to see if AC works well for what we want to do.

please specify exact time for different time zones

In 30 minutes to 55 minutes, so the race can start in an hour.

So, after our testing today, I think LFS S2 might end up being the best choice for the future of the league.

Not that Assetto Corsa isn’t fun, because it obviously is once you get racing, but LFS S2 has a few advantages:

-MUCH easier server management
-Better variety of tracks. Most of the tracks in Assetto Corsa are GP tracks, which are great fun in GT cars or decently fast single seaters, but tend to be somewhat boring in slower cars.
-Rallycross tracks.
-Pre-made road car classes, so we don’t have to do tons of testing to find out what can race with what.
-A spectator mode.
-Easy to use custom paint system.

Obviously it also has some disadvantages, like the lack of real world vehicles (with some exceptions) and tracks, as well as the lack of mods.

If anyone has other arguments for either AC or LFS S2, go ahead.

I own both AC with DLC1 and LFS S2, Im fine either way. But if we don’t do 20 races 2 laps each but lock ourselves into a proper event like an hour of driving or so, I bet the changing track and cars problem won’t be a problem anymore. ALSO, I recall a server for AC called “gentleman’s trackday club” and it ran small tracks (like maggione and vallelunga usually) with a wide variety of cars for us to chose. I say why not just have trackdays for fun, pre-request a car for you here, and then go drive a bit, competitevely or not - does not matter. If you wish to race against somebody - pick same cars for the next trackday and hotlap against each other
DIBS ON E30 DRIFT :stuck_out_tongue: I love fastlapping that thing sideways

I don’t know, I am personally not a big fan of organized track days. If I want to race against 1 or 2 other people, I can just hit them up on IRC and we can join one of the servers you described and if I just want to drive around, I prefer singleplayer personally, after getting wrecked too many times on the Nurburgring track day server.

Getting into a 6+ person race online w/o troll is a bit harder though.

You are right on the one big event thing. I’d definitively be ready to give it one more chance and see how it works. Anyone wants to try DTM at the Nordschleife (or a slightly easier GP track :laughing: )?

Lets do a GP nurburgring first. Nordscleife is hard enough in time attack mode

Currently selling some of my CSGO [size=20]shit game anyway…[/size] inventory to buy AC with the Dream Packs! :slight_smile:

As of right now, due to the steam sale basic Assetto Corsa costs 30 eur, AC + all car packs is 38,5 eur. Might be something you people would like to know.
In my option, as a sim - well worth the 38 eur, considering the variety of cars.

This Sunday we will hold a second AC test race, this time it is a longer single main race (45 minutes) with the DTM cars (e30, 190e and 155) on Nürburgring GP.

The quail will be start at 18:00 (6:00 PM) GMT or
[ul]]13:00 (1:00 PM) EST/:m]
]12:00 (12:00 PM) CST/:m]
]10:00 (10:00 AM) PST/:m]
]19:00 (7:00 PM) CET/:m][/ul]

After the main race there will a (or multiple) small race on Vallelunga with a Lotus.

Please join us in the IRC channel 15-30 minutes early.

I’ll just jump in at about 15-20 minutes before the race starts. Please reserve an e30 for me :slight_smile:

Since I don’t have AC and probably won’t get it anytime soon… is there any chance of watching a streamed live broadcast of the event?

Okay 30 minutes to the event start, the server is “automationDTM” and the pw is “automation”

Spavatch, I don’t think anyone will stream today but maybe in the future.