Automation Detroit Auto Show 2017 [BEST IN SHOW REVEALED]

Huh? We did?

Oh yeah we did… Right. In co-operation with the NAIAS organizers Assoluto has decided to open up the Assoluto Experience stall where people visiting the show can sign up to ride in one of our cars for a tour around the city, or for an added fee, drive themselves around for a set limit of time. Customers can choose between the Fatalita, Ghepardo or Infinito cars for their drives.

Deskyx - Ghepardo.zip (26.6 KB)
Deskyx - Infinito.zip (26.7 KB)
Deskyx - Fatalita.zip (50.3 KB)

(THE CRINALE IS OFF LIMITS DON’T ASK)

8 Likes

Montes it shows the first preview about the next hypercar, under the motto “the revolution of downforce”.

P.s. And the secret of this car is the body underneath. Massive ground effects.

12 Likes

Zenshi will soon be showcasing a lineup of their smaller cars for the 2018MY

And…

…another car that has been the around since the company’s early days.

3 Likes

Oskiinus, please. You’re cluttering up the thread, that wasn’t necessary.

Alright, deleting.

However, I must admit that vmo did probably something that can be called street legal F1 car for Automation actually. Pretty neat thing, but Montes always has been a brand that surprised me for several times.

3 Likes

@vmo I do hope you’re not trying to bribe Gavin Anderosn with excellent music choice, I f*cking love that song :wink:

1 Like

That’s it.

Im just gonna say it… music was better in my day bring back the late 80’s and 90’s

1 Like

In 1947 SiTh Engineering decided to try and bring a coupe sport car to the market. Designers had a model which they adapted from a 2 seat to 4 seat coupe. It was codenamed the Monique. They made 1 model, made it premium and called it the Esquire.

The car was released in 1949.

It was powered by a 2.3L, inline 6, engine which produced 120hp.
Top speed was 120mph and the 0-60 was 9.3 seconds.

Fast forward 70 years and we, at First Order Automotive, decided to honour this car, along with the engineering history of the company, and launch our new modern version of the car.

It is powered by a 2.3L, inline 6, engine which produces 239hp.
Top speed is 166mph and the 0-60 was 6.1 seconds.

We decided to badge the car with the SiTh Engineering emblems in honour of the company history.

9 Likes

I’m really sorry people, I know I had a design due to air here today but I’ve got bogged down due to RL commitments, so hopefully it’ll join tomorrow’s roundup. Thanks for your understanding :grin:

6 Likes

##Daily Round-Up - Day 10
Welcome back to Detroit for our 10th round up of the show. It was a quiet day today, with only a handful announcements, so I spent much of my time just wondering round the exhibits.

Time to round-up day 10!

Today’s musical accopniament is Candle by Sonic Youth

Montes tease incredible looking new vehicle
To the awesome soundtrack of Frankie Goes To Hollywood’s Two Tribes - thoroughly recommended by Mr Anderson over here - Montes revealed a teaser for what some predict could be a breakthrough for aerodynamics. No title or name has been given yet, other than this incredible is being tagged “the revolution of downforce”. That’s enough to get us excited, and that’s before the styling. Serious hype is now gathering for this thing, stay tuned folks!

First Order Automotive make surprise late appearance with new coupe
Sitting alongside yet another goregeous 40s GT coupe, the SiTH Monqiue, was what appears to be an all new sports coupe from the company. Baring the same name as the classic its inspired by, this new version of the Monique has some unusual retro looks that somewhat puzzle us, as do the specs - 0-60 in 6.1 seconds and a 2.3l i6 in what appears to be a mid-sized coupe. It was certainly very comfortable on the inside, and we’re told it averages over 37 mpg, but we’re very confused as to where it fits into the current coupe market.

The lack of anything happening today meant we had time for a long chat with Mason Odge, Head of Engineering at DSD, discussing their wide ranging collection of vehicles shown off at this years show.

That does it for today’s round-up. As expected, the show is starting to get quieter, so I may end up bulking daily round-ups together for the sake of content etc. Bye for now!

• Gavin Anderson
11 Likes

I have to ask… is DSD’s Broadmeadows factory in the (old) Ford complex, or the, as far as I know, “abandoned” Yakka workwear building? :thinking:

1 Like

MaGM only has one thing to show, and it’s not even for America.

This is The Loup. A concept for an insane workman. Known as the Hunter Sport Concept (HSC) it sets a boundary as the most powerful engine thrown into a Ute to come from Arzami. 1090hp, 10.9L V8, No Turbos. However, don’t expect this to go into production at this state. The Loup will come to Australia, The UK, and Canada, being the first car from MaGM not sold nationally.

#Arzami Stinger

[quote][i]Made to go fast, the Stinger was built in 1986. Using a crashed Emeraude 982LM chasis, the man behind this monster said it had 1008hp when new. A 7.8L V12 is the heart of this machine. This reached a speed of 380km/h on the 9th of December, 1986.

Many people have said that they saw this monster racing at the 1986 and 87 LeMans race, however no-one can attest to ever seeing it race, due to the fact it is made for speed in a line.

We at the Arzami International Museum have made it a feature point for our new exhibition, “Speed Through The Ages: Going Faster.” Please, companies around the world, share with us your records, be they big or small. We will share it with the world.

~Jules Algarane, Arzami International Museum Autos Curator.[/i][/quote]

5 Likes

Suetes Cabriolé [color=grey]Concèpte[/color]

It's time for some more sex.

“Calm your very soul.”

“…the essence of this car: an airy ride that wafts you along stably at high velocity with effortlessness.”

Another project undertaken by our Design House students, they proposed a prestigious GT cabriolet for the customers of the future. The name Suetes is the strong south-eastern wind that flows over Cape Breton Island, they are lifted by the Eastern side of the Island and large bodies of air often stably reach high velocities. That name captures the essence of this car, an airy ride that wafts you along stably at high velocity with effortlessness.
Powered by the same twin turbo V12 that went into the Karakaze, this one has been refreshed with higher end technology, suitable for updating when the car comes out in the future, boosts power output to a powerful 765hp. Expect no tradeoff in drivability, torque or smoothness - this car is absolutely built to the highest standards to calm your very soul. It even manages 10.5L/100km. You can expect only the ultimate experience of luxury and prestige. The Suetes, then, is the first cabriolet that Cavallera has ever built and will ever build.

Predicted release in 2019.

15 Likes

What a beautiful rear end! How you did this rear light?

3 Likes

Ah, I laid down the basic shape with the Razyx strip lights and then went ahead and totally redid them in Photoshop.

Also, these Photoshops weren’t the greatest, so if I have any time between now and the 20th, I will make sure to release at least one more.

2 Likes

@DeusExMackia day 11 round up?

He said he’s not going to do daily round ups unless people are displaying alot.

2 Likes

A change of plans have occurred and a concept car will be taking the stage first.

Zenshi S.F. Concept

The S.F. (Small Fun) concept is Zenshi’s recent take on a small, lightweight RWD roadster.
The design of this concept car is a more aggressive take on the shinka design, a design first forged with the 2016 GT. One notable detail one can see about the car is that the car looks more like a prototype car ready for production moreso an extremely dynamic concept car design-wise.

Powering the S.F. is the 1.5L Turbocharged CF15-GDAT Inline-4 engine producing 187 HP @ 7000 RPM and 148 lb-ft of torque @ 6500 RPM mated to a 6-Speed Manual. Weighing in at a rather light 1087 kg, the purpose of the S.F. is to be a pint-sized powerhouse that the balance of speed and handling, thanks to the viscous limited slip differential equipped.

4 more cars are planned to make their appearance later on today.

8 Likes

##Daily Round-Up - Day 12
We’re back at Detroit where the 12th day has closed up. There’s just 3 days of the show left, and we’ll be opening the voting very soon.

Time to delve into days 11 and 12!

MaGM show off bonkers new super-ute
Machines à Grande Main [MaGM] revealed an insane creation yesterday, the 10.9l V8 powered, 1090hp Loup. Or rather, the Hunter Sport Concept version of the Loup - sadly, this exact version won’t make it to production, but this car will be coming to Britain, Canada and Australia soon. No other specs have yet been released.

Aslo on display at the Azrami stand was a gorgeous road-going, Group C era supercar called the Stinger. 7.8l of gleaming V12 sits under its sleek, angular body, though sadly we didn’t get to hear it fire up. The company has invited other companies to share the speed and racing records for an exhibition called “Speed Through The Ages”, though where such records are to be shared is not clear.

Gorgeous new GT concept from Cavallera revealed
We thought we were done with GT cars for this years show - we were wrong. Cavallera are right when they say “It’s time for more sex”, the Suetes Cabriolé Concèpte is sexy as hell. Fine detailing, sweeping lines and 765 hp of V12 goodness - hell yeah, sign us right up. Sadly, it won’t be with us for a another 2 years, but we can wait!

Zenshi display new mini sports car
The new ‘Small Fun’ concept was introduced by Zenshi today - it’s a miniature, rear wheel drive sports car powered by a buzzy little 1.5l Turbo i4 and even comes with a limited slip diff. That sounds like one fun little package, certainly living up to its name. Production details have not been revealed, but we hope it makes it to that stage for sure.

CEO of Cavallera Ram TheCowy popped in for a chat this afternoon about his company’s display

That does it for today’s round-up. The next one, likely out on saturday or sunday, will be the last one of the show. Then, full details of voting will be revealed!

-Gavin Anderson

12 Likes