Automation Detroit Auto Show 2017 [BEST IN SHOW REVEALED]

And theres still more to come, i just need to get the time around to finish my writeup

4 Likes

You can just call me Ram V because that is my name and it sounds a little more professional :yum:

3 Likes

I’m goming to suggest the background music for Gavin’s final wrap up this weekend.
Either: Also sprach Zarathustra (perfect for a Gryphon Gear/Rennen reveal), or Woomp There It Is by Tag Team

#It's finally here...

Rüdiger Krantz, CEO of Blackbird makes his way towards the center stage, where he will announce a great moment in Blackbird history. A huge crowd forms around the Blackbird exhibit. People rush over to see the unveil. Rüdiger Krantz starts to speak…

Hello ladies and gentleman! It is a pleasure to be here in Detroit with all of you! We have seen some pretty exiting things here in Detroit, and today we will showcase our showstopper. We shall save the best for last, and start off, with this creation:

Rüdiger Krantz’s assistants make their way to 2 sheet covered objects. The assistants pull off the sheets to reveal two twin turbo V8 engines.

These engines are part of the new Art H634-8 platform we have created. These engines allow clients to save money by not needing the research and development required to create such an engine.

This first engine I am showing you is a 5.0 Twin Turbo V8 that can produce over 720 HP and 540 ft-lb of torque. This will be sold at prices around $20,000 depending on where the engine is shipped.

The next engine here is a 4.0 version of the Art H634-8 that produces over 660 HP and 447 ft-lb of torque. The price of this variant will be around $15,000 depending on where the engine is being shipped.

Both of these can give supercar-like performance to our clients cars. On January 25th, 2017 we will be open to signing contracts and negotiating deals.

But now… We must go on to our feature presentation…

The crowd tenses up as Rüdiger Krantz himself comes up to the sheet covered car and slowly starts pulling off the sheet…

Say hello to our creation…

This is the Concept V, the V referring to the founder of this great company, Elkhart Viktor. This tribute is our first car built in house by Blackbird. We developed it and refined it to what it is now. The 920 HP V8 allows the Concept V to go from 0 - 60 MPH in only 2.3 seconds, thanks to an AWD setup, and has a top speed over 215 MPH.

The Concept V is paving the way for us to create more and more sports cars and GT cars, as Viktor paved the way for this whole company. You should expect more from us in the future, and will be glad to do more in the future as well. This is not the last of us, just you wait. Thank you all for coming! Have a great night!

RĂźdiger Krantz walks off stage as the crowd admires the creations that have been showed to them. RĂźdiger Krantz pleased with himself, goes off to have a celebratory drink with the Blackbird staff.

I hope I wasn’t too late! Starting January 25th I can deliver the Art H634-8 in either the 5.0 variant or 4.0 variant to people who need a powerful engine for their car(s). Racing variants might come in the future.

######PM me for more information on the Art H634-8

Photoshop credit goes to @titleguy1. Thanks! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Zenshi has been struck with a delay, and will present the four mystery models tonight.

3 Likes

2018 Zenshi Taigi

The Taigi is a subcompact hatchback made by Zenshi and is well-regarded as the Tessitura’s “softer brother.” It shares the same platform as the Tessitura, but everything about it is, in a sense, “cuter.”

The FWD Taigi is powered by the 1.0L PF10-GDAT Turbocharged Inline 4 engine with power rated at 108 HP @ 6800 RPM and has the option of only a 6-Speed Automatic transmission.

When it first was released in Japan in 2008, the Taigi was originally meant for female drivers while the Tessitura was meant for male drivers. Instead, there happened to be as much male drivers interested in the Taigi in proportion to female drivers, and as a result, dropped most of the feminine accents it originally had in this generation.

Despite it being a softer version of the Tessitura, it has it’s own performance version, the Sports.

The Taigi Sports is powered by the 187 HP CF15-GDAT 1.5L Turbocharged Inline 4 engine and comes complete with a 6-Speed Manual, ZMD (Zenshi Motorsports Division)-tuned suspension, agressive styling, and the option of a viscous LSD.

2018 Zenshi Tessitura

The ninth generation Tessitura came out last year, which makes the 2018MY a facelift. Despite this, Zenshi improved the car further.

While bearing the same 125 HP 1.5L CF15-GDA engine, the facelift was given an extra gear for the manual this time around, improving efficiency, and in a sense, performance.

Just like the Taigi, the Tessitura was well known for being very configurable to the driver. For the 2018MY Zenshi plans to give Tessitura buyers the ability to customize their car into something that either fits them, or maybe give them more character, or to just express themselves.

Because of the addition of the Taigi Sports, the Tessitura XS-15T has ceased to exist.

But that doesn’t mean there’s no more performance versions of the Tessitura.

The Tessitura VS-15T makes it’s way back for the 2018MY with a more agressive look thanks to the shinka design form. Like before, the VS is powered by the CF15-GDAT 1.5L Turbocharged 4 cylinder mated to a 6-Speed Manual with their FWD-Based version of the Sequential Motion-All Wheel System, the SM-AWS/F.

The 2018 VS-15T handles much differently from it’s 2017 counterpart, however. While the AWD system on the 2017 model delivered more power to the front, the 2018 variant delivered more power to the rear, 40/60 compared to 60/40. This allows for the Tessitura VS to handle tighter and slide a little more freely.

On top of this, ZMD has redone the suspension from the 2017MY and made a more intense take of it for the 2018MY. And unlike the Taigi Sports, the VS-15T will come equipped with a viscous LSD from the start.

More to follow, will be bigger and stronger machines that have helped made Zenshi successful from their humble beginnings, two vehicles that have carried the badge proud and kept the legacy strong.

5 Likes

We decided to wait to mention this, but we recently acquired DeLorean back in May 2016, and we now have a super car to release. The DMC-S (successor to the DMC-12) was delayed, but not the sleeper Hyper Car called the CXT Here it is.
CNCharger - CXT.zip (26.0 KB)

This car has a top speed of 269 mph with an accel of 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds (its Rear Wheel Drive). It costs $262K.

It Just Came In

The new Delorean DMC S of 2018

CNCharger - DMC.zip (24.5 KB)

I don’t want to spark a war here… but, just… what even.

3 Likes

I’m aware that this is the NAIAS thread, and that I haven’t submitted anything myself (no time). I’m also aware that what I’m about to say appears to have been conveyed to you at least once elsewhere. But since I’ve never commented on your cars directly, allow me to expand on what ram’s getting at:

1. You’ve gone ham on the tech sliders again. As Automation is increasingly refined it increasingly reflects real life parameters over how long a car takes to develop as well as produce. This model appears to have a Production time of 2511 units, which is… astronomical. For comparison, even a real world hypercar would probably be anywhere from under 300 to maybe 500. Using excessive amounts of tech sliders yields diminishing returns, and the only place where you may expect to see +15 everywhere is, say, in a top tier Formula 1 or WEC outfit, if even that.
  2. The buttons at the top on the market tab, to either side of the suggested price are to determine markup. When you say “it costs 262k”, that just means, “it costs 262k in 2010 USD to get the materials together and pay the workers to put the car together”. It does not take into account how much you have to sell for how much before your company doesn’t go broke making the thing. As a guide, beta testers making the competitor pack had to mark hypercars up 300%. If you play the lite campaign you’ll get an idea of how it works with the ‘break even’ price. Either way, you’ve left your markup at 0, that’s not how it works.
  3. You’ve made some interesting choices that enhance all the flaws of the original DeLorean. For one, that thing is a total bus at over 2 metric tons. Not even a Bugatti Chiron comes close. More like, a Toyota Landcruiser :joy:
9 Likes

also, those are palty figures for quality spam, too.

barely 1100hp from a 525? i mean c’mon.

1 Like

Alright guys, let’s round it up here, let’s not defile this fantastic thread anymore. Pretend it never happened.

8 Likes

I’m back, if anyone missed me. Sad announcement though - no more Zavirs in Detroit, as I had (and maybe still have) a bit of an Automation designer crisis, and all cars would have to be designed from scratch, except for Luna Spider. Oh, well, and Z4500, which is an already designed classic car, but I don’t think that posting it alone would be good.
And no Hyperas for the same reason :frowning:

4 Likes

Back by popular demand, the new Albury Centurion MkVII is distinguished from its predecessor by a longer wheelbase for extra comfort. Two models have been delivered to NAIAS 2017: a 6.4 Sedan and a Super Ute, the latter powered by a 500 bhp (metric) version of the Albury New Universal V8. Other body/engine combinations are available, but these two are the real headline-grabbers. The 6.4 Sedan retails for $32340; the Super Ute for $33930 (including a 10% and 30% markup respectively).

In addition, the new Viceroy Mk6 luxury sedan, built on an extended version of the Centurion platform, is now available for purchase. This car blends the brute force of a muscle car with the restrained elegance that has been present in the Viceroy line since its introduction 50 years ago, and now comes with a HUD-based infotainment system as standard.

The vehicle shown here is a 6.4 50th Anniversary model, finished in Anniversary Gold, although a Super Sport version with <500 bhp is due soon. Most intriguingly of all, it is available with a 6-speed manual or 7-speed automatic transmission. Do any other manufacturers offer a luxury car with a normally-aspirated V8 and a manual gearbox option? Nobody but Albury does - and it’s yours for $54510 including markups!

And by the way, the Crusader sports car is still on sale; it’s just unchanged from last year and its engine is shared with the Super Ute.

These should be among the last few cars to be shown at NAIAS 2017. It’s been a great motor show! Thanks for visiting!

5 Likes

DeLorean is a smaller car company. If you read their website, they have to follow the same regulations as larger companies and corps such as Ford. Sounds like they are having trouble with that. Now under Calvinator (never in real life), they won’t have that trouble. Now, this conversation (if it has to continue) should continue on a different thread. Don’t destroy this thread, it isn’t even my thread.

It’s like you guys are on to me. I will hold a compitition thread, and I don’t care about its structure now. This was out of line. No one goes to a car show to negatize a car company, it creates an unfriendly environment. This is only going on for 2 or 3 more days. Then talk all the smack you want on a different thread.

I will probably have an interview, cause of you guys. Besides, it was meant to be a joke.

Strop merely suggested you add some markup to the car instead of selling it for what it costs to build, and to perhaps not go mental with the tech sliders to shove the cost up so much. Not destroying anything, on to anyone, out of any lines, being unfriendly or whatever.

It’s a motor show, as you rightly said. People are going to form opinions of the cars that are on show for people to form opinions of. A bit constructive feedback should help you make your car you are displaying better. If you want to leave it the same by all means do, but it is on, show. People will comment.

14 Likes

#SHOW CLOSES IN 24 HOURS

18:30 GMT, 22nd January - that’s the closing time for Detroit 2017! A little while after that, we’ll begin the voting. All will be revealed/explained then :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The last day of the show was brought in by the sound of a loud twin-turbocharged V12 making its way down the highway from Chicago, at Luke’s request.

“Sounds like the old girl’s just about here. If it wasn’t for the fact that it only gets 20 MPG, I’d use it as a daily driver, but sadly, an old Mamba doesn’t quite get the gas mileage it needs to be a daily car. Lot of fun to drive, though.”

The low, sleek profile of the Stealth Black High Gloss coupe caught everyone’s attention as it crawled into the parking space left for it. The engine was shut down and all went silent, with the exception of a handful of people who’d never seen one before asking if it was something new or old.

“This, everyone, is my 2007 Storm Mamba GTRS. It’s old, but it’ll still give some supercars a run for their money today.” Luke said. “Yes, it’s an old car, but we figured we had to end on a high note, and what better car to end our display on, than one of our strongest performers? There are faster cars, there’s cars that are better around a track, but this one was our star of the show. Some companies closed with a concept, we close with a promise: The Enthusiast has not been Forgotten. We will still build crazy and fast cars, as much as we will build economy boxes and hybrids.”

The driver behind the wheel got out slowly, still wearing their midnight black racing helmet, walked to the back of the car, opened the small trunk, and removed a rolled up poster. After pinning it to the nearby board, the driver took off her helmet.

“Welcome to the show, Amy. You’d always stated you wanted to drive the Mamba, how was it?” Luke asked.

“Quite fun, and exciting to drive around a track, too. I think one of the cooling flaps keeps getting stuck, though, because I can’t get a stable lap time out of it.”

“Easily fixed back at the shop, but let’s face it, the Mamba hasn’t lapped a track in 10 years until this morning.”

Amy moved out of the way of the poster she’d put up, revealing that it was a track map, some performance stats from the Mamba, and a lap time.

“Impressive. Even I didn’t think it was that fast. Still, it’s a good old car, and if it could get better mileage, I’d drive it more often. I will, however, be driving it home. Someone else that I can trust will have to drive my 3 cylinder Surge home, though, and there’s still the matter of the Deathtrap to bring back to the shop. We’ll figure all of this out for the departure ceremony, I’m sure.” Luke said, before opening the hood on the Mamba to show off the all AlSi constructed V12 engine under the hood.

(As for clarification, I suspect this is one of my older cars with slightly wonky cooling from an overlapping vent somewhere. I really can’t stabilize the lap times, and it’ll wander from ultra-low 1:56 laps to high 1:55 laps. But the car’s still up in my thread and has a download link available, just find 2007 and try it for yourself if you don’t believe it’s that fast.)

6 Likes

At the Mott Works Automotive booth music begins to play

As the song ends 4 cars are unveiled and behind them a sign lights up

Rage----------Aqueos----------Savage
-------------------------------They start again-------------------------------------

Hello and welcome. Here today I would like to reveal to you the 2017 Mott Works Aqueos as well as the 2018 Rage and Savage, 3 historic names in our company that we are now reviving.

First I would like to focus on the 2017 Aqueos. A concept version of this Super-GT car has been revealed previously but now it is going to be entering production this year. It features a 6L V12, reminiscent of the original, that now produces 750hp and sends it to all 4 wheels. There are also various styling cues from the original car that have now been incorporated into the carbon fiber body panels of its modern reincarrnation. On the inside of the car is where the 2 cars we have here differ. One version is the Sport trim, with lighweight racing inspired seats while the other is our touring variant featuring an ultra high end luxury interior designed for extreme levels of comfort. The sport trim is expected to sell for $250K and the touring variant, $300K

Onto the Savage and Rage and once again styling is inspired by the original version, even including the side exit exhausts, however the engine is different. It now features a 540hp 5.8L V8 engine in the top of the line MWR trim. The body and chassis are all aluminum, as with most of our regular road cars, and power is sent to the rear wheels. Also, in order to maintain practicality with the Rage we utilized multi-link rear suspension to increase payload. Pricing on the MWR variants of both the Savage and Rage starts at $50,000.

4 Likes

Failures in communication have forced Zenshi to withdraw their final two presentations for the auto show and have made mass apologies for the inconvenience.

(Computer BSOD’d and I ended up losing my progress on the two cars. Best course of action was to, unfortunately, withdraw.)

EDIT: INCOMING!

#A statement from Albury Motors CEO, Rick Burke, on the new Centurion and Viceroy ranges

“The Centurion, regardless of body style, is intended as a driver’s car first and foremost, just as Albury Motors wants it to be, even with the V6 engines found in lesser trims. But you really want the V8 version (in either state of tune); with normal aspiration and a six-speed manual as standard, it is a wonderfully analogue counterpoint to the prevalence of smaller turbocharged engines and quick-shifting automatics in its segment. Our Super Ute, in particular, will be a unique proposition at the end of the year, since no other company will produce a vehicle like it by then, and we encourage buyers to consider it as a sports coupe with a much larger luggage compartment than usual. Finally, by continuing to make the New Universal V8 standard on the Viceroy, we have enhanced the car’s emphasis on performance and handling, which is true to our belief that cars of this class don’t always have to be lumbering, isolated barges.”

1 Like