Automation Hall Of Records

Welcome to the Automation Hall of Records! Here you will find a list of records covering a wide range of categories in automation. You may submit your claim for a record by posting here.

At the moment this will contain one Class of vehicle rules, if this works well I will add many more.

[size=150]Rules for submitting:[/size]

*Posting a picture of your stats here will usually be sufficient.
*All stats must be in Metric (the top option for every category in the options menu). I will list the records in both formats for everyone’s convenience.
*Please specify exactly which record(s) you wish to claim when submitting screenshots.
*If requested, the lua file must be sent to me for verification.
*Mods are allowed if they are publicly available on the forum.
*For the quarter-mile time record, you may use your time measured at the Tulsa track.

[size=150]Vehicle Classes:[/size]

**Class A: (does NOT have to be a feasible car for a company to produce, it only has to set a record in one aspect) **
The only class at the moment.
Car/Engine year 2015 or earlier
Overall & Engine reliability must be higher than 0

Feel free to suggest more classes, I’m thinking of Race (very few rules) and Production classes (more restrictions), probably divided into decades (1940-1949, 1950-1959, etc).

[size=150]Automation (B1418) Records:[/size]

Class A:
Highest Powered i4:
Highest Powered i4T:
Highest Powered i6:
Highest Powered i6T:
Highest Powered V8:
Highest Powered V8T:

Highest KW per Liter N/A:
Highest KW per Liter Turbo:

Highest KW/$:

Highest Power/Weight:

0-100km/h time:____________________ Fastest: 2s - Luilakkie Slowest:____________________
Quarter Mile:____________________ Quickest: 7.49s Luilakkie Fastest: 354km/h (220mph) Luilakkie
Standing Km:____________________ Quickest: 13.28s Luilakkie Fastest: 380km/h (236.1mph) Luilakkie
Top Speed:____________________ Highest: 678.6km/h (421.7mph) Jakgoe

100-0km/h:____________________ Shortest:____________________
Highest Front Downforce:____________________
Highest Rear Downforce: 504.2kg (1111.6lb) strop
Highest Total Downforce:____________________

Best Lap Times:
Test Track: 1:59.79 strop
Airfield:
Green Hell: 6:47.75 strop
Mt Panorama: 1:58.26 strop
Suzy Track V2: 2:03.00 strop

Emissions:____________________ Lowest:____________________ Highest:____________________

Economy:____________________ Best: NormanVauxhall - 1.1lt/100km (213.8MPG US) Worst:____________________

Tameness:____________________ Highest:____________________

Sportiness:____________________ Highest:____________________

Safety:____________________ Highest:____________________

Prestige:____________________ Highest: 130.2 CheftonUTD

Comfort:____________________ Highest: 71.7 CheftonUTD

Utility:____________________ Highest:____________________

Avg. Reliability:____________________ Highest:____________________

Only one thing I’d change.

You should make two categories to the KW/liter. One for NA engines and one for Turbo engines.

But yeah, this thread should be a great way to see the test the limits of the game.

I’m sad I didn’t saved a car with 0.91l/100km :frowning:

Well, thats annoying, my record (recorded in the suggestion thread for this) has been beaten by 0.02lt/100km. Ill be back…

Trackpaduser, Good idea - added to the list.

NormanVauxhall, good work - first record on the list :slight_smile: .

Carmain2K, I liked your idea of 0-100-0 (km/h) times but can’t think of a decent way to score it, any ideas?

Seeing how the most economical car has been done with a very lightweight brick, it seems that weight>aero for fuel economy. That’s good to know. It should be noted that the mini-pickup body is lighter and more aerodynamic.

I think it’d be fair to make it a requirement that you use an actual car to set these records. As seen above, a record was just set for fuel economy- But it was set using a 2.5 horsepower square with no lights or anything of the sort, that not only that, costed $25,000(As much as a reasonably priced car!) just to make.

No offense to Norman, but I do think it’d be a bit cheap to let people set automotive records using cars that aren’t really cars. But that’s just my opinion. A good requirement would be that the cars NEED:

-To have headlights and taillights, at the very least. Exceptions for “Hidden” headlights, IE: on a 60’s Dodge Charger type car, or something that has popups.
-To be capable of, at the very least, actually driving to 60mph - 100km/h, regardless of how long it takes them to get there. Exceptions for cars from the pre-60’s (Because a road car should be able to reasonably, and safely achieve the upper speed limit on a highway, even a Smart ForTwo can do more than that!)

Again, this is just my suggestion. Take as you wish.

CNspots1,
The current “Class A” records are intended just to see how far we can push the game without any restrictions (well 2 restrictions anyway).

Once I see if there is enough interest, and a good way to implement it, I will do a “Production Car” set of Records - probably for each decade. These will have more requirements and force players to make a car that would be feasible in the real world.
For example “Production Car 2000-2009” class would be something like:
*Must have a Cat-Converter and at least 1 muffler
*Must have at least one set of headlights, taillights, indicators (trying to work this out, mostly there to try to limit absurdly grill/vent covered cars)
*No front lips
*Run on commonly available fuel, eg max 98RON
*Be under a reasonable expected price tag. Looking for advice here, since we’re trying to set performance records it should be fairly high. What sort of build price are people getting for high-performance street-legal vehicles or replicas? Thinking the Production Car Class will be along the lines of AMG, BMW M, Shelby, FPV, HSV, etc

“Race Class” will likely be much the same as the current Class A, divided into decades, and will probably only contain performance records (does anyone really care about getting the best emmisions in the 50’s?)

Sending me the lua for verification should probably be mandatory for these classes since there’s more variables that could be missed/cheated.

I agree with CNSpots1 in that there needs to be a distinction for any car that is, well, not so much intended as feasible (or even within the realm of possibility) for production. But a speed restriction is kind of arbitrary, after all, there are quite a few cars I can think of that are either incapable of reaching 60mph, let alone being safe to drive at those speeds. And in principle, I thought this thread would serve as a good benchmark for the technical limits of the game, wherein each record is treated as an entity in itself irrespective of the practicality of everything that comes with it. I’d say if somebody cares, they’ll post.

As for the records, well, I have a few to point out…

[ul]]The 0-100km/h record is currently a flat 2.0s. Anybody who manages that will get on the board, which, AFAIK currently is Luilakkie, and myself (see link for proof). I’d be pleasantly surprised if we saw faster in this iteration (without resorting to cheating).
/
:m]
]In that same thread, the current record for the quarter mile really depends on how you measure it. The stat is only shown in increments of 0.12s for some reason, so the current record as shown in the stats on the bottom is 7.62s. However, some of us have taken to using the Tulsa track (again see that thread) as the standard, as that gives you the breakdowns and a more accurate time… for that the record is 7.50s. Those records also currently belong to Luilakkie and myself, and I’m willing to bet, in the near future also to Nialloftara (see the next page in that thread). As for the speed when crossing the line, I think right now that’s mine, at 354km/h, but will probably change soon.
/
:m]
]Currently, Jakgoe has the top speed and the airfield record, but if your policy is that only unedited screenshots count, I highly doubt he will bother posting either, much less an .lua, before the end of this build and the start of the next one :laughing: But when it comes to Green Hell and Automation test track, I’m fairly sure that the fastest possible setup for most cars on Airfield translates poorly to other tracks, because Airfield is perfectly flat and tolerates lots of frontal lift. So I’ll attach my screenshots for the car that seems to go around the other two fastest at the moment, though I’m sure there’s more to be squeezed out of it:/:m][/ul]

The “Wedge” car is decatted and runs on 100RON, obviously. And it has an engine reliability of 6.0. And I tuned it for Nordschleife and then whacked it around all the tracks to see what it could do, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few hundredths here and there to be gained from it. As usual I’m happy to share .lua on request, I think a couple of people have it already.

Changed the OP.
Added to Rules:
*Please specify exactly which record(s) you wish to claim when submitting screenshots.
*For the quarter-mile time record, you may use your time measured at the Tulsa track.

Added a note to Class A:
Class A: (does NOT have to be a feasible car for a company to produce, it only has to set a record in one aspect)

Also added a few missing stats (comfort, utility, avg. reliability)

strop, I’ve given the 0-100 title to Luilakkie, I believe he was the first to get 2s? You’ve got the quickest (7.5s) and fastest (354km/h) at the quarter mile.
I’ve also put you in currently for your 3 lap times, as well as standing km, top speed, and rear downforce.

I went for prestige and got a decent comfort as well:

And top speed:

Jackgoe has the speed record at 426.2

Is there a link to his record, or can anyone else here confirm it?

I would say it’s real, except for the fact that the screenshot has been heavily edited, so the skeptics out there might hesitate to declare it legit.

I don’t actually know if he was, or even the first to post. You may have to check to see if others have posted screenshots using the van, because that’s the first vehicle to easily hit a 0-100km/h time of 2.0s, though it may have been possible with the new coupe shell, I don’t know.

Personally I feel that it would be better to allow joint record holders, given that displayed values are incremental and there are technical limits to the game’s calculations… meaning if one record is held by multiple people that is more likely to represent the extent of the limitation of the game.

I hope tom posts his screenshots, I’m very sure his standing km is faster. In fact, now might be a good time for somebody to post a standing km track so we could properly use that one too, though I think one probably exists already…

I would like to add that the limitation for rear downforce should be that it’s max downforce without getting the “blown tyres” warning. If I move my aero even any more to the rear on that car that set the various records, I’d get that.

EDIT: Well, here’s an initial screenshot for the standing km, since there are very few cars that can do it under 13s.

EDIT 2: and rear downforce isn’t a massive secret either, just get the heaviest car you can find, put the fixtures all at the rear most part, max out the weight of everything (a 3 ton car lol), put in insane amounts of power to make the transmission weight scale up, then max the downforce sliders. The car’s so heavy it’ll need JATO jets to lift off anywhere, so you can put the downforce wherever you like.

Body used was kubboz’s 70s American huge sedan posted on his 3d modding thread around Christmas last year. Again, I’m sure you can get a few more kilos out of it, I actually shortened the tailgate as I was going to see how light I could make it at first (answer: a little under 2 tons :laughing: )

EDIT 3: Sorry, forgot to attach laptime for Mt Panorama. Some of the BSLL tournament cars were fast, but damn, this wedge body sure takes the cake.

Note: record obtained using my version of the track, which was adjusted from cobaltgirl07’s version, within the same thread.

It’s somewhere in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5085&start=40#p52474

[quote=“CNSpots1”]I think it’d be fair to make it a requirement that you use an actual car to set these records. As seen above, a record was just set for fuel economy- But it was set using a 2.5 horsepower square with no lights or anything of the sort, that not only that, costed $25,000(As much as a reasonably priced car!) just to make.

No offense to Norman, but I do think it’d be a bit cheap to let people set automotive records using cars that aren’t really cars. But that’s just my opinion. A good requirement would be that the cars NEED:

-To have headlights and taillights, at the very least. Exceptions for “Hidden” headlights, IE: on a 60’s Dodge Charger type car, or something that has popups.
-To be capable of, at the very least, actually driving to 60mph - 100km/h, regardless of how long it takes them to get there. Exceptions for cars from the pre-60’s (Because a road car should be able to reasonably, and safely achieve the upper speed limit on a highway, even a Smart ForTwo can do more than that!)

Again, this is just my suggestion. Take as you wish.[/quote]

You are totally right. My car was just a provocation.
For example, it can barely run and knock harder than the police ramming down a door.
I was just pointing out that some records need rules. :wink:

Looking at doing a “production car” type class today since there is a lot of interest in having more rules.

Should the following be banned from use in the production car class:
Front lips (safety issue in many countries)
Race intakes (not any real protection for the engine)
Race-tube headers (no mass production)
Bypass valves (?)
Semi-slicks

Any thoughts on emission limits, economy, or max costs?

The current accepted limitations for the hot lap leaderboards are: no race tubular exhaust, no semi-slicks, no 100RON fuel, which is what you generally have already. I don’t know if you want a minimum reliability or how much of this can be left to the discretion of ‘well this car is technically a production car but it was so unreliable/uneconomical/unrealistically priced sales suffered terribly and it made the company go bankrupt’. I just don’t know man.

Bypass valves aren’t a problem, I don’t think. Front lips… that’s tough given the way fixtures are calculated here. If you cancel that then exactly where can we put the fixtures? Also considering that Automation’s way of calculating downforce is comparatively crude, so those fixtures I consider more symbolic than anything else, given that with some technical whizzbangery, for example, the Infiniti models have this ‘no lift’ system and they’re completely road legal… can’t do that easily with just downforce undertray!

I think that front lips should be allowed, sporty versions of modern cars have them and they are road legal.
It really isn’t a big deal at all. However, front wings shouldn’t be allowed, those are just too ridiculous.

I think an emission limit would have some value, but it would be hard to determin the limit itself, where to put the mark in the sand.
I would make a separate thread all together for the production category, because this current layout already isn’t very clear, if another class were to be added, things would get very disorganised. This one should remain a tribute to the limits of the game, an unhinged exhibition of you much one can do with the things we have right now.

As you may already know, the front lip rule applies to the car reviewing thing, simply because none of them are safe. They all protrude massively for the body. Once there are lips that can hide in safer places, like in grilles so that they don’t stick out (which is where they end up nowadays) I will allow them for the reviewing.

Whether you decide to not allow front lips is up to you though. I’m easy either way.

If i want the “Highest Powered i6:” Record do i have to post a whole car or is the Engine enough?