Automation Legacy Challenge (SEE NEW THREAD)

ok, coupe it is then

I stuck with the convertible version for lore’s sake.

There is roof of similar shape to the hardtop in the 70’s roof mod pack so if you were feeling brave you can cut the roof off the coupe and put that roof on

On another note, I am looking for opinions on a tweak to reviews.
I have been considering a full magazine for the reviews - covers, photos, adverts, the whole nine yards. I’d be experimenting with it for the first one and would want opinions before going forward, but this is a massive increase in both time and energy. Do people want to see it, at the cost of longer gaps between rounds? Or should I keep it quick, simple and effective?

• Regular challenge reviews, 1-2 week turnaround goal

• Full PDF magazine, 3-5 week turnaround goal

0 voters

(Edit: The poll doesn’t work for some reason, I’ll fix in the morning, but can people post opinions?)

Regular challenge reviews. Magazine idea is interesting but I know how easy it is to burn yourself on that and that there is LOTS and lots more work involved that is even fun anymore, there is a reason why I scrapped the original format for Trafikjournalen (PDF magazine) and went for simpler stuff.

If you’re not some kind of superhuman it will involve too much work for such a massive challenge, SCCR almost burned me despite just having the regular format.

A magazine from you could be interesting, but save it for later.

15 Likes

My opinion only: consider the first release to be shorter but have your format you want, to lay the foundation. We keep building cars and maybe you spotlight one or two (voting favorite option?) For a full write up. That’s magazine-like, not all cars get full writeups. And as we progress through and keep building cars, you can determine how many cars get the more thorough treatment, and which ones are more of a “quick look” or whatever you want to call a shortened review.

And don’t forget if you (or everyone) can send in their car files, I have a big public database I’m working on for the community, so you can filter by competition or year or whatever else you want and see the numbers. Automation Stat-Tracking Thread

As knugcab said I think you’ll end up being burned out if you get a massive amount of entries and try and write longform reviews of each one. I would stick to the usual style of reviews like these type of challenges have had before, stick to how the car looks in the marketplace, the affect it has had and notes on the stats

4 Likes

So far it seems to me that here is a very ordinary cars, and there’s no point in doing full reviews, and much more trying to inventing something that does not exist - that isn’t clearly indicated.

As much as I’d love a flashy PDF publication, I am with Knug on this one - keep it simple. I’d much rather have a good thorough review than something flashy. How about instead of doing the labour intensive magazine for each round, at the end you produce a summary “overview of the decades” kind of magazine publication with highlights from all eras?

15 Likes

How about this; do regular challenge reviews for each individual round. Then, upon the challenge’s completion, if you’ve still got the time and motivation, do a full PDF magazine on the challenge’s “highlights.”

Ah shoot, @cake_ape just suggested that first. Still, it’s a good way of getting out a review for each car and a sort-of reward for the best designs.

4 Likes

I agree with knugcab honestly. I think that given how long you plan to run this challenge for, going with the option of a full magazine is more than likely gonna risk you burning out and not seeing it to completion (which would be a shame, because I think I speak for many of us here in saying that this is genuinely a really good idea for a challenge). I think that keeping it to a standard review format with maybe a big summary at the end would be the best way to do it.

3 Likes

I think cake might be onto something with the ending quip overviewing the decades. It could be a one-page summary of the best (and the worst) of each round. I think it could give you the opportunity of doing something well done, while not taking as much time as doing the entire thing in said format.

Well, it seems relatively unanimous with no need for a poll, so… Regular reviews it is.

8 Likes

The 1953 Büchi F2 series is available with a high revving 2 liter inline 6 engine. A power output of nearly 150 horsepower paired with a lightweight aluminium body over a high-strength tubular steel frame is enough to power you from a standing start to a speed of a hundred kilometers per hour in less than 8 seconds and will keep you going all the way to a maximum speed of 190 kilometers per hour. The chassis has been optimized for handling and comfort thanks to independent suspension in the form of McPherson strut in the front and double wishbones in the back.
Now available for $2500

8 Likes

HONHONHONHON

The Renwoo Merci, the 37hp powerhouse

24 Likes

Please check your cars and make sure they’re fine. Submissions will not be extended, as this is fairly easy to handle and you have over a week.

3 Likes

Seatbelts and carpets, right? And since cars of this era didn’t have seatbelts it should not be much of a struggle tbh.

2 Likes

door cards/ panels as well, if you have used them

does this mean bulbs or lenses?

I can’t speak for the host, but like in real cars, I would assume either is fine; whatever makes the visible light glow orange.

5 Likes