AUTOMATION PRO LEAGUE 3rd Round: 1955 NASCAR Closed due to lack of interest

Thanks for being an amazing announcer and good luck with your uni! You will definitely be missed :cry:

1 Like

Yeah, ive been looking around on the forums for similar challenges around the same time period, but im not too sure what to limit the engines to. I know that ill limit the engine type to a V8 for simplicity, but im not too sure about the displacement

2 Likes

They sound good and fun, just need a little of research to see what should be limited at the engine

new round rules posted. Can be found in post 2

The best “looking” points will no longer be part of the scoring

2 Likes

How about putting a link to the Nascar track? I’m too lazy to search for it myself :grin:

3 Likes

Impossible to reach. Well, at least if you want your cars look other than this:

Beautiful.

Help?

Yeah, I had some trouble with the tyre width. I fixed it with more quality on the tyres, but thats the only real way to reach that minimum width. maybe the min tyre width should be reduced.

{edit} Scratch that. Even with the quality it still looks silly. the tyre width should be reduced to at least 175mm

2 Likes

ok since it your ruleset I will change the tyre width. The reason I had it set at 205 was to increase difficulty of the builds, I found that with the bodies that were over .600M2 tyres were easily able to reach that minimum width with a few positive points and a smart build…oh well such is life

What happens when Birch Motors team up with some englishmen and send the finished product to NASCAR?

Hellraiser happens.

Not deprived in any way from the song by Motörhead. Shh!

There’s a white spot on the picture AGAIN! Jesus.

4 Likes

Is that with cooling set to 0 (that would be annoying because you only get to know this after you have build a car) or with minimum cooling?

If you go to the bodies, and pick a body, you can see the effective area, thats the base aero efficiency. Any body with a base aero efficiency less than 0.600m2 is banned. For example, in the car below, its base aero is 0.846m2, hence it is allowed. It should also be noted that the base aero is without body morphing.

3 Likes

Oh…so I just went full retard. Thanks :grin:

No problem :slight_smile:

I’ve only got @Detsikeulii entry so far and due to a lot of big challenges having the deadline close to this one we are willing to extend the deadline until Monday (27/02)!

3 Likes

Is the league still open;where do I find the rules?

1 Like

yep the league is still open. Sadly, there doesnt seem to be a lot of people entering :worried:

rules are here

Thanks. I’ll work on my entry today. I hope more people will enter as well.

OK an Announcement. As there is very little to no interest in this challenge and the fact that I will not be as active in the community as of next month I am hereby closing down the APL and concentrating on advising for the Automation Beginners League. Thank you to all that competed or added to the results.

5 Likes

Aww, shame there wasnt much interest :cry: