AUTOMATION PRO LEAGUE 3rd Round: 1955 NASCAR Closed due to lack of interest

I had those tips in mind when designing my entry for CSR25, and could have adapted it for the APL, but my lack of success in the ATC meant that I chose not to. That is some very useful advice, though.

Who cares if you go well or not? The only challenges I ever won was 1 DRC (just luck, really, my pick-up should be like the 4th, but the dices loved me) and the last Time Attack, because the base car was great. The ATC secret was to use the body that would be most suitable for the year, you just need to see how the best cars looked like. Letā€™s see how you do here in APL next round :wink:

3 Likes

All I will say is the results worked how I wanted and the overall best built car (not the fastest but) is the winner atm but we still have to give out points to the 3 best looking cars. The story and pics will be finished in the future. I am very pleased with the results

4 Likes

letā€™s see ā€¦ who will vote for the car that i just designed in 10 minutes? :smile:

because i almost forgot about the deadline, and havenā€™t done the styling. 10 minutes of styling it is :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My points are more likely to be awarded on design choices rather than looks. Looks are more of a threshold issue. Can I look at it and not gag? If so, points may be awarded.

And I know itā€™s not possible in this round, but if you build a big olā€™ V8 you are a strong contender for points.

5 Likes

would have. if there was no 2L displacement limit.

but itā€™s a v6 though. soooooo close enough?

also. fun fact. my MR car doesnā€™t have a tire stagger :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll give my points to a car that I would want to drive irl.

• for RWD, big engine and nice looks
    Ā± for safety, luxury and other useless stuff
  • for Fixture Fuckery, crap reliability and automatic transmission

Now you know how to sway my opinion to your carā€™s favor :grinning:

2 Likes

So I had a horrible time awarding my points. I was torn in what category was worth getting the bonus. The big reveal tomorrow should be interesting.

3 Likes

Results will be announced in a separate thread. Please do not comment in the results thread.
Also for the next round a new rule has been implemented

• Total average power across a set normal street driving Rpm range (1000rpm-5000rpm)
    [ The power output at 1,2,3,4 and 5000RPM is added from the dyno graph then divided by 5 to give the average power in that operating range ]

And due to a tie for first place this rule will be implemented from this point on-wards
*If there is a tie for first place overall the cars will run a final 1/8 mile race at willowbank to determine the winner.

6 Likes

@Detsikeulii allow me to offer my compliments on your awesome Photoshops.

And to the rest of you, those are some great writeups (yes it was you Kyle, thatā€™s some good reading)!

Yup, Iā€™m definitely going to enter the next round :yum:

6 Likes

Yep I just collect the result and the spreadsheet all credit on comments goes to KLinardo

5 Likes

Thanks!

I guess my review style is becoming noticeable. Iā€™m glad yā€™all like it. Those took about 20 minutes a piece, so it all adds up. Next round Iā€™ll start them sooner so Iā€™m not belting them out a few hours before the reveal.

My keyboard should stop steaming by tomorrow.

8 Likes

Thank you, guys, for this great challenge. Everything was excellent, the pics, the reading and the rules!

So, for what I understood, if I had put a little longer gearing with a bigger max speed, the Green Arrow could have climbed some positions?

3 Likes

You certainly wouldnā€™t have capped your top speed at 148. Whether that was offset by solid acceleration capabilities is something I didnā€™t directly test. Thereā€™s a balance to strike, but when you know none of the tracks are highly technical, short gearing usually isnā€™t your friend. You also diminished the advantage your body has at high speeds. All cars have a drag limit where the engine cannot push further. Your car can go faster with equal power because it has to fight less air. That resistance is also exponential as you increase speed meaning your advantage could also be exponential. You never got close to that point because you had a mechanical limit.

5 Likes

next round should be awesome. I think the average power (I may bring torque into it) may stump a few of the top runnersā€¦one85 Good job man and Ornate you were so close it really came down to 0.01 in the end

2 Likes

a fucking hatchback won? u wot m8??? :joy: :joy::joy::joy:
congrats @one85db. good build.

but reallyā€¦ im the least economical? i thought everyone wouldā€™ve gone for the fuel requirement limit, and not less.

and gears too short? i mean, if you wanna appear like one of the F&F actor and never stops shifting this car is perfect for you :stuck_out_tongue:

i also didnā€™t put much thought into the track time because i thought ā€œwell if thereā€™s gonna be a league of just purely this type of car, itā€™s a contest of who could push out the most out of the car, and not just how much the car offers. right?ā€
###NOPE :joy:

4 Likes

Now that Iā€™m thinking about it, I use around 240 km/h (149 mph) as a standard when building the car and change it later, I probably forgot to change it.

Anyway, congratz to you, @one85db! @Ornate too, your car was as good!

Canā€™t wait for the next round.

2 Likes

You already forgot about this?

2 Likes

So close, I wish I tried to squeeze a few more ms in the drag race in exchange of losing a bit of tameness now. Eh, not that Iā€™d knew what Iā€™d do if I won anyway, no challenge ideas at all. Congrats to @one85db

2 Likes

not forgot. after the first round i never even opened the thread again.