Automation Virtual Car Meet (AVCM) @ 2022 - It's Back!

Hey, folks, remember AVCM, that annual forum car showcase out of nowhere?

Yup, that’s right, It’s back! With the LC4.2 update incoming and with that came a turbo revamp, new body functions and new mods to play with, players can try their best in variety and the style of your creations!

New changes for 2022:

1. Being honest, the turnout for the last event is lower than what I’ve expected. In order to generate more player interaction for the event, you can bring anything that with a petrol/diesel/electric motor with wheels (say, things like motorcycles, trucks and anything else), not just cars. However, you need to make sure that is a motorized, non-rail vehicle that only be driven on land, so don’t bring things like planes, trains or anything else.

2. Themed events? Honestly, I don’t feel like doing it since it doesn’t really work well back then it was imposed, so let’s revert back to 2020, for now. AKA: Build anything you want. Just don’t give me some shitpost and call it a day. But. If you feel like to revert to the 2021 style with a different theme then yeah, you can do so by giving me suggestions which I will be doing before the prep time starts.

3. And yes, something actually new: a voting system for the best player and car in show! Everyone will be getting a chance to vote for their favorite entry on the show. Whilst I will still be on the show, as usual, my entries for this event will not be on the votes due to reasons.

Rules

Rules for the event are pretty much the same as last year, so I’ll just lazily copy them from the last post.

When the dates for the car meet has started, everyone is given a preparation period in order to let people prepare their entries. As this is not your usual car show, in this case no teasers are allowed.

Cars can be only revealed after the preparation period and postings will only start after an official announcement by me. Users must provide pictures of the vehicles, alongside their related lore as well as car specs. Any posting of related .car files are allowed but not enforced.

Maximum amount of vehicles per user: 3

No cars can be posted after the announcement of the end of the show.

All pictures should ONLY be posted in a single photoscene (which will be announced). NO UNRELATED PHOTOSCENES IN THIS EVENT. THANK YOU.

NOTE: EVENT WILL NOT START UNTIL I SAY SO

Preparation time: 10th June 2022 - 24th June 2022

Event starting date: 24th June 2022 - 4th July 2022

Voting date: 11th July 2022 - 18th July 2022

Results for votes: After 18th July 2022

Previous Event (2021)

• AVCM@2022 (This Event)

Next Event (TBC)

8 Likes

Sidenote: wow is this really the first car show event in 2022 since every other one isn’t on for some reason ffs

3 Likes

Almost forgot: Since we’re on a switchover period between LC4.1 and LC4.2, I announce that I happily accept both versions for entries. Just make sure to notifiy which version to use when you’re sending out car files for “test drive”.

So, for this year, we’re going to the desert with the Desert Gas Station photoscene! If you’re on LC4.2, here’s the link for the photoscene, if you haven’t got it:

(LC4.1 users can skip that since its preinstalled iirc)

Since there’s no questions asked by anyone, for some reason…I think prep time is a go!

You may start your preparations right now (8:30 AM, 10 Jun GMT+8). The show will officially start at 12:00 AM, 24th June to 11:59 PM, 4th July (GMT +8)

Votes will be happening after the show ends but I can’t really give you a time for now.

And of course, what are you waiting for?

and I’m late ffs

Somewhere in Australia
6:00 PM

It was a quiet afternoon. The outback was filled with nothingness and all it has is some unknown plants.

And suddenly, a crew of vehicles have broke the silence, and yes, you may have expected, its the crew again. The same old trucks from Florida, and the hosts are here, but what has gone, is the white Tesla. It was now replaced with a brand new Axion AV-1 EV, the firm’s latest “New Energy Vehicle” or whatever the Chinese likes to call, but yeah, if anything that’s H0RIZ0N’s new ride.

H0RIZ0N: All systems was ready, and all invites have sent. Next day is the big event and we don’t want to miss this shit.

Unknown female voice: Are we going to have something going for this event?

H0RIZ0N: Nope. Business as usual.

Unknown female voice: Sure.

The convoy has arrived at the scene not long after, and they found a place to prepare the event. It soon became dark, however, but work was still done until tomorrow.

Next day, 9:00 AM

The show is starting and people started to come. And the initial scene, there were three cars parked, waiting for people to explore them at once.

2020 Mastretti Tempesta MT-900X Attentione “XZ3RA”

And here’s somebody getting their hands on the latest Mastretti supercar from Italy on offer. The Tempesta is the latest of the large Mastrettis, and its the first of its lineup to come standard with an turbocharged V10, instead of a NA V12 which was present on older models. The first models came in 2017, with the model shown, the MT-900X Attentione, is the top model of the lineup.

This “XZ3RA” (which was named after a defunct tuning house based in London) was commissioned in 2020 by an unknown buyer (probably H0RIZ0N but not sure about that), and its list of upgrades were broad, ranging from a modded engine to uprated brakes and wheels to an upgraded suspension. The result? 1700 hp rumored. All from the same V10 the car is running on. And there’s a chance nobody may recreate this beast, as the company has just ended business this year due to various reasons.

1980 Hanseung Uranus 1.4 Pickup

The Uranus from Korea’s Hanseung wasn’t particular rare or unique vehicle, given that the vehicle was sold from its inception in the 70s to present day and millions were sold. But this, the pickup is not one of them. This is a rare Uranus pickup, which in its inception right from start till the 1980s, only 5 thousand were sold. And of course, its already low numbers are still getting lower each year.

While most of the pickups are sold for its domestic Korea, there are a low amount of them were sold to various other countries. Such as this one registered in Sweden, with a carbureted 1.4 liter inline 4 generating 66hp. Despite its measly output the vehicle is in pristine condition, with the car getting a restoration since last year.

2016 Herald Wayfarer S6T GTS

And the final entry for today, is a local hero, the last ever fast, six-cylinder, locally built Herald Wayfarer. Herald has been in the automobile manufacturing since the late 40s, but increasing costs, dropping sales, and other issues had forced the Aussie firm to shut down its car producing business in 2017, and all later models have became rebadged variants of imported Galvin models via a partnership which started in the 80s.

And all good things should end with a bang, given the vehicle’s aggressive looks and an equally aggressive 4.0 Herald “Wombat” I6, running via a six-speed manual and generating 486hp which is the most powerful six cylinder from the firm. Other goodies are available on this car, ranging from a sportier suspension, high-end sound system from Bose and all-leather Recaro sport seats which shows how the last Aussie muscle car should be.

And so, the show begins…

And with that said, the third event is a go!

Show’s ending on 4th July, or Independence Day for you Americans out there. After that, be sure to stay tuned for a voting event!*

Still waiting? Act now!

* if enough people joined the event, obviously

4 Likes

I don’t know how widespread this issue is but I can’t load the desert gas station photoscene, it crashes the game before all the asset get loaded in. I have seen a couple of other people with the same problem

3 Likes

I have not had this particular problem, but on my 1070 I have had a possibly related problem where on settings that would normally net mid 30s fps I drop down to sub-10. I literally cannot use this photoscene.

2 Likes

In this case, I would allow the use of other photoscenes for this round. However, if there’s a widespread confirmination that the issues around the photoscene is fixed please move back to the photoscene.

(Update: its for the people who had issues running the photoscene, the ones who had no issue running it should use the current one)

tbh should have told me earlier, its fine on my end tho

I’ve had the same issue since the latest beta was launched. Seemed fine on the current stable build.

2 Likes

Uh oh, the Australians have arrived!

After a short 12 hour drive to the meet, the Other Australian Manufacturers Owner's Club has finally arrived with three true blue Aussie icons! While the owners are off getting their obligatory car meet sausage sizzles and coffees, let's have a look at what they brought.

1996 G2 Halvson sUPER Harrier

A milestone car for Halvson, the G2 sUPER Harrier was the last car to use the venerable 4L Super Orange Block (or SOB) V8, and the last Super Harrier, with later cars moving to the Hyper Harrier name to reflect their new V10's. Renamed to sUPER Harrier for this generation to highlight the sPORT VVT that had been introduced with the new engines and even brought back to the SOB, it wasn't overly popular thanks to the odd name, high-ish pricetag of $45,500 and the overall smaller size than previous cars, making it a relatively uncommon sight on the roads these days. This example has lived in the ACT all its life, and been looked after meticulously by a retiree who was convinced that it would one day be a collector's item.

Thanks to the turbos and the fancy new VVT, the SOB was more powerful than ever, making 234kW. Add in the optional advanced 5 speed auto and standard AWD, and you got a car that could accelerate to 100 in 6.3 seconds, and would go on to a top speed of 251 km/h. You can view it in more detail here:
G2_Harrier_-_sUPER_Harrier.car (73.0 KB)

2020 G4X Halvson Hyper Harrier

Australia’s very own hyper sedan, the G4X Hyper Harrier is the latest in the line of V10 “family” sedans from Halvson. Now fitted with the 447kW 4L twin turbo variant of their venerable V10 from the Lynx trackday car, the Hyper Harrier launches itself to 100km/h in only 3.4 seconds and onwards to a blistering 324km/h top speed thanks to its robust AWD and 7 speed DCT. Fitted with a luxury interior and infotainment system, with all the niceties they bring, that sort of performance is surprising for a car weighing in at a shade over 2.1 tons, but the $88,700 pricetag certainly does fit.

This example is a 2020 model year from the ACT in the signature Lobelia metallic green/black colour scheme, viewable in more detail here:
G4X_Harrier_-_Hyper_Harrier.car (103.6 KB)

1964 P&A Sportsman Mk.III Flat 6

The Mk.III Sportsman was a pretty impressive car for P&A, not only bringing in a lot of firsts for the company (first independent rear suspension, first monocoque chassis, etc), but it was also a few big lasts for the company, being the last car P&A released before their major rebrand into Planar, and the last use of the Sportsman nameplate that started the company until the early 00’s. They knew they were onto a good thing though, with derivatives of the Mk.III being made right up until the early 80’s, and the car’s styling going on to define the company’s style as a whole for many years to come. This example comes from country NSW, where its been lovingly restored to factory condition over the last few years.

Designed to beat Jaguar at its own game, the Mk.III debuted what would also go on to be a P&A/Planar staple, the 3.8L flat six “XK Killer” engine. Built in collaboration with Aircraft engine manufacturer Lyons, it wasn’t very popular, as it wasn’t as powerful as the Jaguar counterpart (only 155kW), heavier than the XK counterpart, and so wide that it was almost impossible to work on. It still managed to propel the car to a respectable 217 km/h, with the 0-100 sprint in only 8.8 seconds, an impressive time, even if you had to pay a whopping $3,480 ($25,200 today) for it. You can view this car in more detail here:
P_A_Sportsman_Mk_III_-_Flat_6.car (104.7 KB)

7 Likes

1957 VAUGHN BAHAMA

Released in 1955, the Bahama was Vaughn’s attempt to give the station wagon a more luxurious image instead of just being a pure workhorse.

Unlike the other Vaughn station wagons, the Bahama featured frameless glass on the doors, and was most often featuring eye-catching 2-tone paintjobs, like this one.

This example also sports a lot of options, like the high performance, 268 hp triple carb 348 cubic inch V8, 2 speed Vaughn-o-matic transmission, power steering, leather upholstery and air conditioning. Exterior options includes luxury hubcaps and fender skirts.

9 Likes

2020 Wells SS-1

What started out as a design concept is rumored to get the go ahead for production.

The high powered sports sedan from Wells we’ve been hearing about is finally here, sort of.

What we have here is a pre-production sample, equipped with everything but the engine. It’s not quite ready yet, thats the only answer we got. Quite sad.

Although, sources at Wells assure us that the production model will have CTS-V levels of power and performance, we cant wait!!

Love it, or hate it…the SS-1 is taking aim to be a mighty contender in the high horsepower wars.

With an un mistakeable design, its presence is like none other.

Edit:

Engine has been completed and suspension re-tuned.

The SS-1 one is now an official TTV8 595hp beast!!

Now they are saying only 595 will be produced???

Wells_-_SS-1.car (93.1 KB)

5 Likes

“Honestly, I had no idea this was here - hit some brush a ways back and limped to the nearest station on a half-flat tire full of twigs! Lucky I run into a convention of mates who can change a tire, ay?”

1981 SUMA Selecta

You probably don’t know anyone who could point to Ospiana on a map, but everyone knows someone who’s heard of the cars that come from there. SUMA was a government manufacturing program that went private in 1981, and with that historic event came an all-new third generation of their Selecta line of sedans, the M313. It was nothing impressive; in fact, SUMA was notorious the world over for their utterly primitive cars that cost a pittance to import. They were only found everywhere because dealers needed something cheap to make their lots look full, and occasionally sell to someone with awful credit.

The nice way of putting it is simple or rudimentary. This here is an original from the 1981 production batch in their trademark blue, but that doesn’t make it very valuable. No SUMA really is. Powered by a 1.8L, air-cooled, two-stroke I4 that produces 75hp once in a blue moon and runs on unleaded fuel so low octane it probably isn’t legal for sale anywhere, it gets nearly 22 MPG. Its unusual features don’t stop there; this compact sedan is RWD solely so they can sell the powertrains as a crate to owners of older models, allowing them to make money on their own aftermarket, and sports a solid rear axle with a locking differential to tackle third world roads. The 3-speed automatic was a popular retrofit for the M311 and M312. The M313 version was even the first to use power steering and any pumps in its design, but somehow they still didn’t use any of them for the wiper fluid.

It isn’t all bad, though. These cars are the front cover of “If Cars Were Made by Store Brands” and are genuinely a fantastic value for their extremely low cost, being long-lived and sufficiently car-like to not look ridiculous on your way to work. This one even has all the factory options installed including an air conditioning unit, 8-track deck (that someone in the crowd actually had a couple tapes for), and a 12V battery (yes, that was an option). A third party center brake light has also been fitted to keep it road legal. Apparently the driver has owned it since new, having seen it sitting in the port where it arrived, but that’s less impressive once you hear they were manufactured (with a facelift) until 1995, and OEM parts are still being made.

With the spare swapped out, coffee topped off, and old tunes on the tape deck, the owner decided they didn’t really have anywhere to be and stuck around. The Selecta might be an odd, basic, retro little box, but that certainly didn’t stop anyone from coming around for pictures as it sat next to real classics and supercars.

Enjoy this perfectly okay sedan for yourself today! (4.27 only)
SUMA_M313_-_Selecta_81.car (104.8 KB)

6 Likes

196? Mayster Triumf ???

At some point, a small yellow sports car enters the area - and those knowing their 1960s 2-seaters might remember it as the Mayster Triumf, a low-volume fibreglass sports car from one of the more unlikely places: Archana.

As it comes nearer, however, there is something strange about the car. Instead of a black softtop or a similarly shaped regular fibreglass roof around the 2 seats, the oddly shaped roofline extends all the way until the rear of the car. This ‘box’ also appears a bit makeshift, somewhat discoloured and has ancient stickers on the side which have quite a few gaps. The remaining stickers are on the verge of peeling off.

While the exact provenance of the car is unclear, the current owner assumes it to be an early 1960s Triumf which - maybe because of crash damage to the top and/or the rear - was converted into a transporter, perhaps to carry tools or spare parts to the racetracks for a team that was racing Triumfs.

No more specific information is available, however; all that’s left of the team name stickers are a few bits and pieces that don’t offer any help in reconstructing even parts of the team name.

Really like the added shooting brake and van body options for the redone Datsun z-bodies (even if they are quite niche, esp. for the short wheelbase 2 seaters)!
4 Likes

Just a reminder from the host: AVCM is not a challenge and it was never meant to be one, so don’t send any files to me, just send it directly to your post is enough.

Wolfram Heritage Collection: Rear-Drive and Proud Of It

Here are three pristine examples of some of the sports cars that made Wolfram so highly revered among enthusiasts, courtesy of their heritage fleet. They may come from different eras, but all of them are a testament to the allure of the classic recipe of a front-engined, rear-wheel-drive sports car with a high-displacement engine.

1968 Wyvern 3.5 (red) - The final evolution of the long-running Wyvern (whose independent rear end was a huge improvement over the earlier Wanderer’s live axle) was the Series 3, offered exclusively with a 250-bhp 3.5-liter straight-six engine - good for 0 to 60 in just over 7.1 seconds and a top speed of 150 mph. From 1972, a Sprint package would be offered, bumping up power to 270 bhp courtesy of a set of DCOE carburetors in place of the standard items. Even without it, however, this was still a significant increase on the 210-bhp, 3.2-liter engine introduced in the Series 2 of 1964, and especially the 150-bhp, 3.0-liter mill from the original Series 1 that launched in 1960.

1984 Wolfhound 3.5 GTS (white) - This flagship of the Wolfhound range was intended as a Group A homologation special, but it also earned a reputation as a great road car. To that end, its dual-overhead-cam, 24-valve 3.5-liter straight-six (part of an all-new engine family - lesser models had a single-cam, 12-valve engine based on it) was tuned to develop 240 horsepower, enough to take it from 0 to 60 in 6.2 seconds and a top speed of just over 150 mph, cementing the company’s recovery from the Malaise Era. This would be increased to 260 horsepower in the 1987 Evolution model, with the final Evolution 2 version making 280 horsepower. All examples of the Wolfhound were built as 2+2 coupes.

1995 Warhawk 5.0 (blue) - Upon its introduction in 1994 (as a 1995 model), the Warhawk took the world by storm. Its curvaceous bodywork concealed a 5.0-liter all-alloy V8 developing a searing 400 horsepower. Other firsts for the company included a six-speed manual gearbox and adjustable dampers. Combined with a 50/50 weight distribution, this gave the Warhawk the handling ability to match its straight-line speed. Speaking of speed, the Warhawk could top out at 190 mph and blast from 0 to 60 in just 4.2 seconds - supercar territory for the era, and perfectly in keeping with the company’s move further upmarket during this time.

Download Links

ALC3_-abg7-_Wolfram_Wyvern_3_5_Coupe.car|attachment (55.7 KB)

ALC5_-abg7-_Wolfram_Wolfhound_3_5_GTS.car|attachment (69.1 KB)

Wolfram_Warhawk_-_GTS.car (103.2 KB)

3 Likes

My collection of small classic roadsters

First of all is my 1956 BSC 40 in fast road specification.

The “40” is a fibreglass bodied car that uses a steel spaceframe like all other BSC cars. These early fibreglass cars were available as a kit using the running gear from Knightwick or as fully built factory cars with a slightly uprated variant of the same 1490cc engine.

this particular car was a factory built one with a 75bhp engine with a shorter final drive gearbox making the 0-100km/h sprint in a healthy 11 seconds.

The body of the 40 is only in 4 separate parts; the main body, each door and the clamshell bonnet that unlatches and removes entirely from the body. There is no luggage compartment in the car, just a small rack on the rear for suitcases. Door handles and side windows are also absent, you open the car by reaching into the cabin and pulling a release cable.

The second car is the Matsuma sport 750.

The first sports car from Matsuma was made in the larger than kei car class. Using a 750cc inline 4 engine from a motorcycle with a slightly relaxed cam this produced 40bhp@6500rpm.

Unlike the BSC the matsuma is a fully steel unibody design with removable roof panels.

Sales of the sports 750 were never very strong outside of japan due to the small size and low power of the car, however it is has now become collectable due to its lineage as the first of a kind sports car.

BSC_40_-_fast_road_spec.car (107.1 KB)

Matsuma_sports_750_-_Trim_10.car (57.6 KB)

6 Likes

Los Angelos Van Club

The LA Van Club has brought three of our best vans, owned by club veterans and cared for lovingly.

The first one we’ll look at is this awesome 1970 Kensington SuperVan

Given full Cottonmouth treatment, this muscle-van can give even the best muscle-cars a run for their money. Let’s be clear- this is no factory machine. SuperVan is the name that Kensington uses for its smaller, unibody van. They didn’t start putting the Cotonmouth name on hot pickups until 1976, and only recently did the vans get any love. This one pulls off the look perfectly though, with the stripes, shaker hood, Cottonmouth graphics, and aggressive stance. The side pipes are a nod to the 2004 150 CottonMouth. The engine is a 403ci 2x4bbl. Ram Air III aluminum-head V8 pulled from a '67 Kensington Monroe Copperhead S, producing over 300 horsepower which is sent to the rear wheels through a 4-on-the-floor. This monster can get to 60 in the high sixes, managing the quarter in 15.2 seconds.

Gallery

The second van is a 1971 Dragad DT100.

This 70s-themed ride is a 1/2 ton conversion van, swag style. When the van is a rockin’, don’t go a knockin’! The rear windows serve as a portal to the glorious interior that I am too tired to make- the sex bed in the wayback, the flatscreen on the back of the front seats, the dart board, and the twister mat. The exterior is complemented by flared fenders, chrome wheels, decals of various intention, a chin spoiler, side pipes, an iridescent paintjob, and a roof rack. This thing is powered by a big, lazy, 479ci Big-Block sending 289hp to the rear wheels through a 3-speed auto. Not slow, but not a supercar either.

Gallery

Last but certainly not least, the 1953 Somboy mender Van!

Our third van is a classic Japanese workhorse, with a little california flair. It gets along fine with its collumn-shift manual and 50hp 4-banger. It has been modded with a transfer case, Tovo A/T tires and a slight lift, but the rest is stock. Other than the surfboard rack amd decals. This lil’ wagon is the happiest little runabout this side of the Mississippi!

Gallery

Uploading: HiResPhoto98_1,920-1,080.png…

Hoped y’all liked this!

Files

ALC1_-Restomod-_Somboy_Mender_Van_Surf.car|attachment (46.1 KB)
Dragad_DT-series_-DT100__Rad.car|attachment (42.7 KB)
Kensington_SuperVan_-_CottonMouth.car (28.1 KB)

6 Likes

1990 Aero Keai

Hi, uh, my name’s Jessie. I have this little sports car that I think is really neat, and uh, I wanted to bring it in the car show.

So, yeah this is a 1990 “Aero Keai,” it’s a Japanese Kei car- that’s like, a subcompact segment in Japan where the engine can’t be bigger than 660cc -so yeah, it’s like, not a very fast car in terms of power and stuff, but it’s very maneuverable and sharp, and like a lot of fun to own. I got this one cheap in like, 20…14? Yeah, around like my second year of college, and like I’ve had it since, and I’ve really liked it.

if you compare it to other kei cars, this thing I hear people say generally isn’t as hard-tuned to be like “sports car” standards as other kei sports cars, it’s handling isn’t quite as sharp, but it’s also supposed to be very livable… like a car that you can live with easily. So it’s got like a trunk in it, it’s reasonably comfortable on the highway, like you could use this as a daily driver, and like I have done for a while now.

Also another thing with the Keai, it was one of the only kei sports cars to get exported outside of Japan and stuff, to like, places where the steering wheel is on the left. 'Cause like, most companies don’t export kei cars, because they only make sense in Japan with the regulations and stuff. But Aero did, so like, this one was sold in China, and that’s how I got it 'cause I went to college there… and so like this is one of the only kei sports cars you can get stock with a left-hand steering wheel, which makes collectors really like it.

So like, performance wise, like it only has 63hp, so 0-62 is like, 12.5 seconds, but like in a low-speed turn you can get almost a G out of it, so it’s really maneuverable. It also brakes really good, like especially how low speed it is, it just stops immediately. Also, fuel economy- ok like, this is really weird, I can’t find any fuel economy statistics on it on the internet. Like I don’t know why, they just don’t mention fuel economy anywhere. It’s weird 'cause like, it was sold here in Australia and everything, and you’d think you could find something about it, but no. It was always pretty good in my experience, but like I can’t find anything about it, so like if someone knows anything about it like please tell me.

And yeah, like, that’s my car. Like, I’m not much of a car guy or anything, but I really like the car, and, like I hope you like it too.

(Aero_-_Keai.car (73.3 KB))

4 Likes

Around a day left for the show to end at 11:59 4th July GMT -12 (around 5th July here (GMT+8) and most places)

Why using the western most time zone here? Its here for making it easier for everyone to join the event.