Awards Ceremonies

If this suggestion already exists then I apologise in advance.

Media events, particularly awards ceremonies such as Car of the Year can have a significant effect on popularity. Categories such as safest car, most economical, etc, etc, can make or break a vehicle. As a former car salesman I still remember walking into the dealership one morning to find my sales manager with his head in his hands because the company’s new model had been savaged on Top Gear.
My suggestion is that, in addition to an annual awards ceremony with multiple categories, how about a event generator where your car endures a particularly good or bad review in a newspaper, car magazine, or TV programme, resulting in an appropriate impact on sales.

Was it the last model Vectra? That was funny if you weren’t trying to sell the things

Interesting idea btw, can’t remember if was suggested elsewhere though

[quote=“maffc”]Was it the last model Vectra? That was funny if you weren’t trying to sell the things

Interesting idea btw, can’t remember if was suggested elsewhere though[/quote]

Nah, it was the Peugeot 1007. Looking back, it probably deserved it, it was a horrible looking thing full of gimmicks no-one needed or wanted.

Ew. I have to agree, power assisted sliding doors on a city car , what were they smoking? My thought on that car were not PC

I liked what they did in Gearcity with the car review magazine, though it would have been much funnier if written by the Automation community and full of Automation memes. :laughing:

I really think something of the sort should be considered, or atleast the framework to implement it and let the community go nuts with it :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Drake”]I liked what they did in Gearcity with the car review magazine, though it would have been much funnier if written by the Automation community and full of Automation memes. :laughing:

I really think something of the sort should be considered, or atleast the framework to implement it and let the community go nuts with it :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

As long as the articles are vetted for spelling and grammar. I got a headache reading some of the fan-submitted bios on Prison Architect.

Knowing my luck, I’ve probably made a spelling error somewhere… :confused:

I think it would be a nice idea. I wonder how the AI will work in this game anyway, really looking forward to seeing that play out/hearing what the devs are going to say to this.

Besides awards, what would also be nice is if one can participate in motor shows. Maybe this should not be visually represented in the game, but some sort of marketing/image bonus could be applied here.

I think gearcity did it by having a fixed review format and then changing the text depending on how good/bad the car was in each part of the review compared to other cars of the era.

I think a similar system could be interesting. And I also agree that some references to automation memes and things could be nice :smiley:

I think it should be obligatory that a really cr@p car should be labelled “unsafe at any speed”