Bell Automtove: please DONT delete, showcase area for challenge cars

Naaah… Not even in communist country it could be “upmarket” in any way :smiley: Unless it’s, hmm, African communist country? Or Far East (where simply not being a motor scooter/riksha would make it upmarket)?
But it’s nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

1975 saw the dawn of a new car aimed at the Gasmeans and Fruinians, the car had slight differences for both markets and featured a few mechanical differences too.

The Bell Fiasco, the car that will cause a real fiasco at dealerships as eager customers flood the showroom floors.

First off is the 2000 trim, the 2000 trim is the base trim for the Fruinian market, nothing special here really, just an affordable family sedan.

*Lap time on Airfield Circuit

Next is the Base model for Gasmea, again it is just another basic cheap family sedan but with an I6 twist.

The next trim up is the 2000T, this is the mid level trim for the Fruinian market, complete with a turbo

Next up is the ES model from Gasmia, this is the commuter model with an automatic for those long roads and boring commutes to work.

Next up is the 2000L, this is the premium version for the Fruinians, there are no real differences from the normal versions besides the more luxurious interior.

Finally we have the LX model for Gasmea, this model comes with a nice little chrome side vent to let everyone know that you are doing slightly better than they are.

Thats all from the Fiasco for 1975, stay tuned for the 1975 Pelican

1 Like

i’m not really sure where Archana is based but I like to think it is Russia with the cold harsh climate, it’s not meant to be nice, it’s meant to be shit :joy:

Yeah, something like that. But in Poland (which back then was a communist state) Fiat 126p, which this body is based on, and which also had about 24hp was one of the two most basic cars available since 1973 :smiley:

I see strong influence of Fiat 126p - design wise and performance wise in this communist shitbox xD

I found it quite hard not to have it look like a 126p and still look communistic :joy:

My car is bare bones basic and probably is very similar to the 126p mechanically, my car is front engined though so it will handle differently

The Fiasco is finished, stay tuned for the Pelican, a small budget hatchback which is sold across all three regions.

noice!

1 Like

An abseloutely HUGE fire tore through the Bell Automotive Offices, we have lost all of the designs for the Pelican which was due to be released soon, we have had to poistpone the car because of the fire, we have lost the entire HQ and most of the chassis factory, the new site is scheduled to be complete in september of 1978, stay tuned for more information.

2 Likes

Update According to police reports, the fire was caused by a chip pan fire in the chassis factory workers canteen kitchen, the fire was completely accidental and the rebuilding was covered by multiple investors.

The design team have worked extremely hard in their temporary design studio (which was set up in the old ‘hand built car’ section of the factory) to bring the Pelican back to life, although instead of it being a budget average sixe hatchback, it has been redesigned completely to be a small economy car for tight cities, the car will also utilise our mechanical fuel injection system.

Teaser

5 Likes

Nice to see your company rise like a phoenix from the ashes (literally in this case) with a car whose nose reminds me of the original Mustang! What else do you have in store for us?

Well, since you asked, we have 3 models set for 1979, one of which is still just a clay model…

The Brecon Prototype, still a heavy W.I.P

Bell Lexarion is set for release soon, model shown is the (25 in the fast lane) I6 Base with our 3-Speed Sleep-O-Matic.

Bell Stallion is also ready for relase, model shown is the base I6 RWD 4 on the floor model

With the factory completed the design team have a new office. There will also be no more chips served in the new canteen!

5 Likes

Here is the spec and tech list for the soon to be release Pelican.

1000B: 26.6MPG UK, FWD, 3-Speed Manual, MP Strut F, TB R, 689.9kg, B1031 Engine, 44.6hp@5700rpm, 49.4 ft-lb@3400rpm, Cast Iron 1031cc I4, SOHC-8V, Sinle Barrel Eco Carb, 85.9mph, 0-62 18.5s, $6,490.00 Long Life Tyres, 155/63 13" F, 165/63 13", 250mm Single Piston Disc, 250mm SLS Drum, Seats 5, Cloth Thin Bucket Seats, No Radio, No Power Steering, 3-Point Seatbelts, Twin Tube Dampers, Passive Sway Bars. 840E: 26.8MPG UK, FWD, 4-Sped Manual, MP Strut F, TB R, 657.8kg, A842 Engine, 46.6hp@6100rpm, 48.8 ft-lb@3400rpm, Cast Iron 842cc I4, SOHC-8V, Mechanical Fuel Injection, 87.3mph, 0-62 15.2s, $6,490.00 Long Life Tyres, 155/56 12" F, 155/56 12" R, 220mm Single Piston Disc, 220mm SLS Drum, Seats 5, Cloth Thin Bucket Seats, No Radio, No Power Steering, 3-Point Seatbelts, Twin Tube Dampers, Passive Sway Bars. 650T: 17.9MPG UK, FWD, 4-Speed Manual, MP Strut F, TB R, 725.8kg, A650T Engine, 65.0hp@6700rpm, 57 ft-lb@5200rpm, Cast Iron 649cc I4, SOHC-8V, Turbo Charged, Mechanical Fuel Injection, 97.6mph, 0-62 13.0s, $13,110.00 Standard Road Tyres, 155/60 13" F, 155/60 13" R, 250mm Three Piston Disc, 250mm Single Piston Disc, Seats 4, Fabric Lightweight Bucket Seats, Blaupunkt Essen CR 8-Track Player, No Power Steering, 3-Point Seatbelts, Gas Mono-Tube Dampers, Passive Sway Bars. 1200E: 30.2MPG UK, FWD, 4-Speed Manual, MP Strut F, TB R, 765.9kg, B1200 Engine, 55.1hp@5500rpm, 62.8 ft-lb@2500rpm, Cast Iron 1200cc I4, SOHC-8V, Mechanical Fuel Injection, 91.7mph, 0-62 14.9s, $9,130.00 Long Life Tyres, 145/59 12" F, 145/59 12" R, 220mm Single Piston Vented, 220mm Three Piston Disc, Seats 5, Standard Cloth Seats, Blaupunkt Essen CR 8-Track Player, Hydraulic Power Steering, 3-Point Seatbelts, Twin Tube Dampers, Passive Sway Bars.

Pre Order your Pelican now and be entered to win a brand new Bell Fiasco 2000T

Base Model Preview:

2 Likes

The Pelican 840E, a cheap and cheerful car that will get you from A to B no matter the conditions. It is a back to basics car with a frugal little engine complete with mechanical fuel injection.

The 1000B is the bottom of the line car, it featurs a 1.0 Carburettered engine and has nothing in the way of creature comforts, it’s a bog standard car for bog standard people.

The 650T is the more fun version of the car, it has a zippy little 650cc turbocharged unit and better quality tyres, this model is designed to put a smile on your face when whizzing around country lanes, featuring a lip spoiler and a Blaupunkt 8-Track.

Finally the 1200E, the 1200E is the eco model which we have designed for the ‘enviromentally friendly’ people, we have stripped most of the heavy chrome and replaced it all with body coloured plastics, smaller wheels and thinner tyres make for a lighter car, a nice interior with Blaupunkt 8-Track player, plenty of torque too for getting around town in a hurry.

7 Likes

Coming soon:

We will be bringing our full 2016 Lineup to the 2016 Paris Autoshow - our newest addition to the range is the BPM series of SUV in 3 different sizes

5 Likes

The new hyper/super car coming from Bell Automotive will be able to lap Green Hell in around 7 minutes and can hurl itself to 60 in just 2.4 seconds, it also knocks on the door of 255mph, more info when we find a fitting name

Vote for the name

• WTF
  • F-16
  • Iperattivo
  • Segaiolo Velocità
  • Dave
  • Concetto Viola

0 voters

2 Likes

Closing the poll tonight at 10pm BST

Well the name is decided, my new super car is going to be called the ‘Segaiolo Velocità’ yes the car is called the ‘speed wanker’ :joy:

7 Likes

Sounds like the name for a GTA car. Which is always a good thing :wink:

1 Like

I wonder if the car would sell very well in Italy? :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes