Best buy for under 14K 1993 (Final verdicts: page 5/5, final conclusion!)

1993 Sanfrecce Giardino LS

It Will Suffice

Using modern technology throughout, the Giardino, even in the base LS model, provides the all-round features you simply can’t find on the oversaturated used car market at an irresistible $13800 price point.

• The Giardino is the perfect car for almost all everyday applications, built for ease of use from the ground up, the LS trim is both drivable and safe, thanks to the high levels of grip and ABS as standard.
  • Endlessly practical, with a high load capacity for the class, easy access through all 5 doors and a roof rack
  • The efficient (31mpg) and responsive 1.2L i4 engine and 5-speed manual transmission provides enough performance to excite when it comes in an agile little package weighing just 833kg.
4 Likes

1993 Winthorpe Red

Cheap, safe, fun!
A 5 seat hatchback with an economic 1L Inline-3 engine, ABS, 5 speed manual gearbox and a top speed of around 180km/h(in theory). The car for everyday use, the weekend escapades, and the holidays on rough paths to the beach.

5 Likes

1993 Gujarat Master EFI Base

because fuck it, let’s just rehash an Indian car from the 50s

7 Likes

You should’ve given it plastic grille and headlight housings for that maximum try-hard modern look :wink: I love the idea. It seems there’ll be quite some unusual competitors in this challenge.

4 Likes

MY93 Proletariat Piersic 100E

A Warsaw Pact city car with plenty of charm and character!

The MY93 Piersic 100E is Proletariat’s export variant of the WPDM* Piersic range. Conceived in late 1958, the Piersic started deliveries in early 1963 to lucky Warsaw Pact customers, as well as the regional police services.

The Mk 1 Piersic range: (from left) City 100F, Rural 100B and Police 100P

As with most Warsaw Pact companies, Proletariat were inundated with demand, but unlike other companies Proletariat used incentives to ensure the workers put n maximum effort. So, even though supply never fully met demand, those who wanted a Piersic were able to get one.

The Mk 2 Piersic range was unchanged from the original, just with tweaks to safety and design

The tooling for the Persic parts were wearing out after nearly ten years of continuous production. So Proletariat head staff decided to refresh the styling rather than simply pay for identical tooling. The funding wasn’t available for an all new car so the Mk 1’s styling was updated with an eye to easing maintenance bottlenecks for owners, as well as streamline production processes somewhat.

By the late 70’s it was becoming clear that the Warsaw Pact needed to embrace the market economy, without throwing away traditional soviet values. Therefore car companies were encouraged to seek export markets, so proletariat retuned the Piersic’s engine and style to better suit Western Europe. The old body made the design process harder than it needed to be but the result was surprisingly tasteful.

The Mk 3 Piersic was substantially updated to allow for exports and the 100E was added to the model line-up

Proletariat was able to weather the turmoil of the collapse of the Warsaw Pact, with help from Bogliq USA, so continued to supply to domestic and export customers. There was disruption in supply, but it was due to materials unavailability not the workers, but most people who wanted a Piersic still could get one.

Now, in the present day, Proletariat has completed a new facelift for the Piersic. It has revamped the styling and engineering while maintaining the core values of the Piersic. The car is being heavily marketed in Africa and Asia but Europe hasn’t been forgotten as a rejuvenated Proletariat aims to secure its place in the new, worldwide, automotive reality.

The Mk 4 Piersic is on Nightwatch duty until new designs can replace the venerable symbol of the workers paradise.

Rumours are that the Mk 4 is going to be the last for the Piersic so if you want one then you better visit your local WPDM importer before they’re all gone. Forever!

*WPDM = Warsaw Pact Domestic Market

13 Likes

1993 Hyensu Harmony Li

After debuting their first car in 1985, many dismissed this Korean upstart as nothing more than a hawker of Japanese knockoffs that sold solely on price. That changed in '91 when they introduced their follow up model, the Harmony. Only minor changes are seen on this '93 Li model. The engine is once again a license built Ryuji 1.7l OHC inline four, but fitted with a multiport electronic fuel injection, producing 89hp and 98 ft lbs on torque. Mated to the standard five speed manual transmission, it allows the Harmony to reach a top speed of 119mph all the while returning 35mpg.

The chassis is of Hyensu’s own design, featuring MacPherson struts up front and a torsion beam in the rear, striking a decent balance between drivability and fun for it’s price. It has a reasonable amount of standard equipment, certainly not what you’d expect for this segment and affordability. And thanks to a passive restraint system and automatic seatbelts, it scores high in crash safety testing.
It can be yours today for the very reasonable price of $13,800 AU.

13 Likes

LCE LQ1 1.2

Designed with maximum fuel economy in mind, the LQ1 1.2 may only have a 60-bhp 1.2L DOHC 12-valve inline-3 under its hood, but clever tuning, unassisted steering and a precise 5-speed manual gearbox give it well over 50 mpg on the combined economy cycle for just $13,800.

6 Likes

1993 Decarlis D20

More pictures

16 Likes

The venerable rally company Saaoda dips it’s toe in the lower end of the market. How did they manage to cram AWD, MEFI and a turbo charger into the 14K offering of the prince? Buy one and find out!
4 Likes

Presenting the 1993 Franklin Marshall Street, sports edition.

Features -
Transverse 1.4 MPFi engine with VVT, 76hp,mated to a 5 speed gearbox.
864kg - Unladen
0-60 - 10.4s
Top speed - 99mph (limited)
5 standard seats but the fronts do look like buckets.
Set of fancy, steel wheels in black.

Price? $13,500.

Reliability? By the bucket load.

3 Likes

Shidley Bruv 1.3 BLX automatic
$14000 of Britain’s finest

9 Likes

1993 Hirochi Exatima 1.4i

Designed to handle life.

With a 1.4L 4-cylinder engine and a 15 Litre tank, the Exatima can deliver up to 30 mpg in the city, easily outperforming last year’s model. Schedule a test drive today! You may or may not regret it.

Summary

8 Likes

Do you perhaps have the 2.8m 1978 mod body? Because My car is based on it.

I think that I have all mod bodies from Steam.

The Baltic Motors Liesma GS

Manufacture Overview:

The Baltic Motors Liesma GS is the latest rendition of the iconic Liesma from Baltic Motors. Originally introduced in 1978 the Liesma has been all the rage in Eastern Europe. However, Recently the Liesma has recived a facelift. This Luxury GS model is the most expensive of the Liesma costing exactly 14K AMU with options. The engine is 1.9 liter carbureted unit producing 85 horsepower, which is certainly enough to get from point A to point B. The little engine musters 18.6mpg (12.6L/100KM) in the combined cycle. The 85 horsepowers feed through a 4 speed automatic to the rear wheels.

Options and Features

Engine: 1.9 Liter SOHC unit
Fuel system: Twin barrel carburetor .
Transmission: 4 speed automatic transmission.
Fitted standard with A/C
Optional cargo racks at no additional cost
Tow straps and emergency equipment included standard.

Warranty:
This vehicle is available with Baltic Motors’ 12 month or 24 month extended warranty.
Certain rules may apply in other countries. Warranties cannot be fulfilled once the warranty period has ended.

Service:
Dealership service contracts are issued whenever a Baltic Motors vehicle is purchased new.

Visit the your local Baltic Motors Dealer or Importer for a test drive today!

(Copyright 1993 - Baltic Motors)

(I apologize in advance if this is too long, I can’t figure out how to work the spoilers thing.)

5 Likes

@TheYugo45GV

Click hide details. BTW Your UK Plates are both yellow. The front is meant to be white, the rear being yellow.

Oops. Well, I guess its what happens when you copypaste something and forget. I haven’t yet sent the file so I should be fine.

1 Like

TBH I don’t care much about license plates, there are no Swedish plates available and until they are available I will more or less accept anything since they are wrong anyway…

3 Likes

uhhh idk just buy car yes thank you

AHB Impulso BT90M

11 Likes

fancy stuff about it

featuring manually foldable roof and option to open only the rear window, for stuff thats too long to fit.

besides that it has a tiny 1.2 liter inline 4 that makes about 71hp

4 Likes