Blanton Motors (1976 Panama)

Blanton Motors was founded in 1947 after WWII by Anthony Blanton. Based in Kansas City, Kansas, the company primarily focused on “Performance for the People”. Beginning with a Budget Sports car, the B6000, Blanton Motors had many ups and downs, from the infamous Longtail, to the popular B3. Blanton Motor’s was also well known for their versatile small block V8, which can be found in 280, 335, 356, and 397 cubic inch configurations. In 1967, Blanton Motors launched their racing division, BRT (Blanton Racing Technology) and entered their first Trans Am race, and debuting at Le Mans in 1974. They had moderate success, but closed the racing program in 1994, due to a 3 year losing streak. BRT, was relaunched in 2006 with the Leviathan GT2 which wasn’t the comeback they were ultimately looking for until the 2008 Leviathan GT3’s class win that year.

Modern vehicles:
B2 1.6S
B3-700
B6 GT

B2 Turbo
B3-800
B6 GTC

Leviathan GT/GT2/GT3
B1Z / B1Z-R
SlingShot Eco / Wylde

Classic Models:
B6000
B8100
Longtail Cruiser / Wayfair
Runaround Sprint / Marathon
GT6000
Skipper Coupe / Wagon
B620/650 GS
Chaser Base / Felon / Race Car
Bobcat Sport / Super
Tiger Sedan / Wagon / GTA
BRT BGT-9000
Panama City / Rally

Concepts:
Project SlingShot

Track:
Boise International Raceway

#The Flagship Models:

First released in 1998, the B2 was released as an AWD sport compact for the younger generation, but was cheap and safe. The 1.6S I4 DOHC VVT produced 120hp @ 6,000 and 111Ft-Lbs @ 5,600. 0-62 was in 11.2 and kids with their stock B2’s did 18.30 in the quarter mile. Getting 22.6mpg, and costing $12,500, many parents didn’t feel bad giving their baby a B2 for their first car. This also became one of Blanton Motor’s most popular cars.

The B3-700 is your basic, average, everyday midsize AWD coupe. In 2004, the 2.5L V6 made 163hp @ 6,500 and 173Ft-Lbs @ 3,600, with 22.8mpg. The 2,864lb car would cruise to 62 in 9.5s, and reach the quarter in 16.86. This is quite a decent car for $13,300.

This is Blanton motors pride and joy, the B6. Unveiled in 1999, The 3.8l V6 VVT in the GT model is tuned for the highway, making 215hp @ 4,900 and 246Ft-Lbs @ 3,100. Acceleration is fairly good, being a 3,014lbs fullsize FWD coupe; 0-62 in 8.1 and 16.26 in the quarter mile. Gas milage was 15.1. But many say this car still has the same vision as Blanton Motor’s first car, the B6000 (coming up next)

4 Likes

I don’t want to discourage you, but you do realise that by using such old bodies you harm car’s stats severely, yes?

I’ve only had the game a few days, so that would be a no. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

No problem :slight_smile:
Another thing - using the most advanced possible tech is not always worth the cost - especially DOHC or VVL, often SOHC 4V without VVL performs roughly the same being cheaper and lighter. Not that you shouldn’t use them - since they exist for some reason. I’m refering to that 2.0 engine - it’s suspiciously expensive. And that 3.8 one too, although production units’ number is far more suspicious than it’s cost.
Ah, and I’ve noticed something just now - use the octanes! That’s the easiest way to make engine better, tuning it until it’s RON is (almost) the same as fuel octane. So probably adding some compression would help a lot. But anyway, quite a good job engine-wise considering that you just started playing and that these engines are far from their limits :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the advice, I will be revising all 3, and probably completely redoing the B3.

I disagree. When tuned correctly, DOHC and VVL offer tremendous power and efficiency, and in my opinion are well worth the cost. Your I4 and 3.8 V6 engines are too expensive, but that is because you’ve used too many quality sliders.

Of course. But in many cases, especially without proper setting, they don’t change much. You can easily get a decent engine without them. However if you aim for perfect efficiency or great performance they will help, with correct tuning.

I have two performance engines with SOHC and no VVL (well, one of them is too old to have VVL) - one of them has a quite similar DOHC counterpart - both 4.3 V8 turbo from 2016 making around 1000hp. Yes, DOHC is better in most aspects, but in most of them not much. But it is 30 kilos heavier, over a half more expensive and twice as much complicated. It’s not only DOHC fault, whole engine is built using everything “best possible”.

I don’t deny the whole idea of using DOHC, VVL and other “advanced” tech - if it sounds like that, then sorry, it’s not what I meant. I deny only the idea of using them almost always when possible - because when focused on getting something cheap, light and easy to produce it’s sometimes better to use simpler technologies. Only that - sometimes.

And I agree about quality sliders. They should generate a pop-up asking “Are you sure that you do the right thing?” whenever you exceed +/-6 :smiley:

Nah, production units are what counts. If you don’t exceed 100 units per engine you’ll be fine.

All 3 cars have undergone their changes:

B2: Body and Engine completely redone
B3: Full Body, Engine retuned
B6: Body style change, Engine retuned

1 Like

Blanton Motors B6000

In 1947, Blanton Motors released their first car; an economical sports car called the B6000. This RWD Budget Sports car sported a 215Ci Inline 6 that produces 128hp @ 3500rpm and 198Ft-Lbs @ 2800rpm, coupled to a 3-Speed manual, the 2,081lb 2-seater could hit 60mph in 11.8sec. However, thanks to 3 Single Barrel Eco Carbs and 7.5:1 compression, the lightweight cruiser sipped fuel at 21.9mpg. It was cheap too, costing $8,600 Market Value.

2 Likes

Nice one. Do your designations (B3-700, B6000) come from something?

Thanks, the designations aren’t from anything but they do have meaning;
B: Blanton
First number: type of vehicle (ie; 2 = compact, 3 = midsize)
Next 3 or lettering: Trim level (I’ve only shown base models so far)
If I decided to share the higher trim level of say the B3-700, it’d be the B3-800
same with the B6000, the higher trim would be B6500.

Ok… A bit chaotic with these trims, but not more than some of my nonsense ideas :smiley: Or even reality - for example Fiat in 60s and 70s :wink:

I’m probably not going to use this same designation format for every car, but I’m also not very creative with names :laughing:

The B8100 Pickup:

This old farm truck first debuted in 1949, just 2 years after the B6000. However, instead of focusing on performance and economy, the B8100 was built for utility and torque, and Blanton Motor’s new 280Ci small block V8 delivered just that. With 125hp @ 3200rpm and 227Ft-Lbs @ 1600 rpm, this 2,814lb pickup could haul anything you throw in the bed, and in a reasonable time. 0-60 in 13sec and a top speed of almost 95mph. Not bad for having 2 Single Carbs, 6.7:1 compression, a 3-Speed manual, AM-Radio, and a bench seat. Getting 14.1mpg, and being affordable at $9200 market value, this old timer was the stepping stone for Blanton Motors to compete with the big 3. And as for the 280, it moved on to be used in many other Blanton Motors vehicles, and proved popular with many hot rodders.

1 Like

One thing, as I recently noticed it in reference to my cars - it is something like a “super-truck”, because most powerful road cars of the time (for example top Ferrari, BMW, Cadillac, probably Bugatti too) had around ~150hp :smiley: But this is so typical for us, Automation players - as Sillyworld wrote:

“so you need to build a family budget car”

• makes a 685 hp family budget car*
2 Likes

And thats before one factors in all the confusing aspects of measuring standards and game limitations. If Automation were using SAE Gross ratings as it was common in the 1950s said “Supertruck” would realistically come out at ~120-130 crank hp Net, which is pretty close to what a relatively modern 4.5L OHV engine in a truck application would have made back then.

I was doing some digging after I read this, just to see what I could find and I found a few american V8’s that made similar hp and torque from this era, the 255 Ford Flathead V8 could put out up to 125hp and over 200 ft/lbs, the Cadillac Series 62’s 331 made 160hp and 312ft-lbs, and even the 49 Buick Roadmaster puts out 150hp. I’m not trying to be rude, but I don’t think that this truck is as ludicrous as a “Supertruck”. Also, I don’t think I can bring down the power much since this has got quite a lean fuel mixture. But still, I’ll see what I can do.

It’s never about the power (unless you’re Patriot Motor Company), it’s how fast the car is. Also to bring the power down try using a less aggressive cam and less RPM, use less advanced build (I.E. use pushrods instead of SOHC) to cheapen the build etc.

To be fair an F1 car of that era produced “only” 280 horsepower (Ferrari 125) so the power difference today might not seem much, but back then I’m sure its alot. I think that amount of power is just right for a truck.