1 It should be able to change body shape on every production part. It is stupid that to change wide of fenders I need to delete all body details.
The devs are looking into ways to get past this. Think about being able to save fixture groups to apply again. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the shape, place fixtures, and then change the shape again. This comes with too many bugs that cannot be worked around.
2 It should be “savable” body details layers. For example, I make cars in different segments (compact, van, limousine), with similar faces. Without savable layers, making new model needs to create the same “face” many times. It is difficult and results are not satisfied.
Look at your first suggestion. The devs are looking into fixing that. Next time also use the search function in the right top of the window. This has been suggested and talked about several times already.
3 I think you should not try to make many raw bodies to customize. Better idea is to give more customization options. For example you can add modifications of:
- Wheelbase - you can create similar cars in different segments, like BMW e34 & e32.Discussed before, use search function. Not going to happen, way too complicated to get working correct without bugs.
- Window line and roof height - you can create the same car I flat sport version, normal, or high minivan.Roofheight is being looked into if i am not mistaken. I agree this should definetly be in the game.
- Hood and trunk length. In game it sometimes work with trunk, but never with hood – due to you can modify engine spaceGood idea, though quite difficult to do at this time I think. Maybe later, when they go to developing the game in Unity.
- Amount of doors – if you want to make 3 and 5 doors compact, you only adding/deleting doors, and change B-pillar placementThis is near to impossible to implement. It comes all down to the same thing as changing the body again after placing fixtures. Too many complications/bugs that can not be worked around.
- Side mirrors should be peaceable, and independent from chosen body styleI believe the answer was No to placing your own mirrors, though this might come later on, just like antennas, tank caps and all that kind of details.
- Range of modification in modification areas should be expanded. Due to this you can create only a few basic bodies and players can make every car, they want.A lot of bodies will be added to create many different cars. Much much more modification to the bodies is a hard thing to do. It is not as easy at it looks.
4 Body placing details is far from perfect:
- It should be choose of placing one element on the center, or two on the sides. For example I want to have one central exhaust, one central light (like in Tucker 48), or two grills on the sidesCenter fixtures (like grills and badges work) is being looked into. Please use the search function next time!
- There should be able to put exhaust under the bumper, not only on bumper. Single or double exhaust should depend from exhaust configuration in engine designing part.If you dont see the exhaust from a normal view, then dont place it at all when it is behind the bumper. Its something you have to coop with. Dont expect a fully detailed car designer down to Window Sprayers, just like their wont be a gearbox designer for Valve spring timer in the engine designer. Whats the use of placing a hidden exhaust when you dont see it anyway?
- It should be more freedom in placing body elements. For example, exhaust on the flanks of car (like in dodge viper), car logo on the sides, grill on the hood, or lights getting far on the hood, trunk or fendersAlready suggested a ton of times too. This is being considered, but later on during game development.
5 I think that good idea is to add interior editor. Its mechanics can be very similar to body editor. You can change shapes, materials, and adding details. Choosing from types of leather, wood, and types of gauges, steering wheel and add-ons. With that great engine editor, and good body editor, impossibility of editing interior shouldn’t have place.Not going to happen, too much work for too little gameplay. I personally suggeste3d this down into details with the developers and there is many, many reasons that they do not add this. Though, maybe after Automation 1.0 ( a complete working game) they might consider it as an expansion pack. But its also really hard to make it form well with the body modifications.
6 I think that it is good idea to make an undo/redo buttons in all production steps. It is easy to make something stupid and spoil good project, and it’s hard to get back this fatal changes.Search function. Already on the to do list. Will be added in the near future if im correct.
7 It should be capability to place car on his own wheels, to see how it’s look like with current suspension height. I understand this is wishable, but really doesnt add anything than a car rising or dropping. Though, this shouldnt be too ahrd to implement and add to the experience, but its something very detailed and should be done when the main game is nearly completed.
I hope next time you are willing to use the search function, as there is several things that have been suggested and discussed before already. Expect everything that is normal for cars and not TOTALLY down to every little detail to be in the game. Also dont think its easy to add extra modifications. That is a very hard thing to work with for the developers without getting 100.000 bugs.