Bogliq Automotive Engineering

@szafirowy01 and @squidhead I’m running a 100% mark-up as the car is meant for limited production.

@Awildgermanappears The car has a NA, VTEC, 2L V6 so it’s never going to be super fast; but it’ll be a fun drive and with a 0-100 of about 5.5 and a quarter mile of 13.8 it goes well enough! It also uses fuel at under 7L/100km so it doesn’t cost much to run (on 95RON as well!).

As for the lap time, it’s fast enough for now… :sunglasses:

@ramthecowy I will enhance the current spec sport and then I’ll make a hardcore NA version. After that’s done then I’ll try my hand at a turbo version. The biggest issue with this body is it’s cramped engine bay. A 2L I4 doesn’t fit so it’s hard to find a tuner friendly bore/stroke balance… But I will continue to try! :persevere:

1 Like

It already has a high redline so I would point out that you can try to make the stroke as small as possible compared to the bore. You can pull that down and increase the bore, reducing the displacement a little but making it rev higher. Idk, maybe you already knew.

Yeah, I already knew that, plus that’s how the engine has already been configured! :laughing:

Thanks for the suggestion though, I like getting constructive feedback :heart_eyes:

So I revisited the 200 Sport and tweaked its suspension a bit and was able to improve my Nurburgring times a little…

I built a turbo version which looks the same as the Sport but goes usefully quicker…

I then built a 200 R/T which was quicker again and added a super sexy wing!

RRP for the Turbo will be $67K AU’s (RON95)
RRP for the R/T will also be $67K AU’s (RON98)

And when I’m happy with it’s final tune, I’ll reveal the Fox by Leeroy which is proving to be rather quick indeed… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hold my beer, let me try and beat your time with a truck…

2 Likes

@Awildgermanappears That ain’t no truck! Look at your suspension and body choices; that “truck” won’t hold any load worth shifting plus how many load carriers have a 9k redline?

Build a leaf sprung, seperate body, all steel, low RPM, actual work truck that laps the 'ring faster, then I’ll be bothered to be impressed by your work… Or better yet, do better than I’ve done with the mod body I used. Gain those sweet, sweet internet points by building a car from the same body as me that’s faster than mine and post it up here so you can “prove” how garbage my car is! :joy:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, is this body more effective than a small non mclaren body?

Euro van engineering will always beat outdated stereotypes about capability… and your lightweight convertible sports car.

@squidhead If you don’t build a competitor from the exact same body then you’ll be comparing apples with oranges. For the record, I used a transverse RWD layout, but I don’t care which way the engine is, so long as you use a MR configuration then I’ll consider the result to be comparable. :grin:

@Awildgermanappears So I take it that you’re going to not take up either of my challenges then?:smile_cat:

BTW, I don’t understand why you felt the need to rubbish my car (which wasn’t making any special claims or achievements) when you could have just kept quiet. Your “truck” proves nothing; I built a supercar that can lap the track at 6:45… Big deal!! NOT. It isn’t logical to believe that anything else I make is garbage because it cannot beat my Shelob! :triumph:

2 Likes

I wasn’t exactly happy about you feeling the need to shit on my truck and question its credibility when I never made any extraordinary claims about that either. This particular model of truck was from the get-go intended to sacrifice some capability in order to be smaller, better to drive and more economical than your regular old truck and as a result it ended up as basically a shortened Van with a truck bed. It was only then I began dropping ridiculous engines in it. Of course it lost even more capability after the necessary changes to the suspension to make it handle. The GMC Syclone also only had a 500lb payload capacity, what gives. And despite a barely road legal racing engine it is still slower than a Honda Civic.

At that point one can only do the decent thing and use the inherent lack of traction of an unloaded RWD pick-up to burn rubber and do mad skids because that thing never had any other purpose to begin with. :thumbsup:

The way I see it we both went our own unique ways to end up with cars (TRUCKS) that are neither fast nor practical but fun and affordable and that is a good thing isn’t it?

Fairly certain it’s do-able. My unreleased 97 monte carlo production version does 8:34 on street sports, with 2 liter NA based on Mazda KF series, I’ll check how that body behaves with 19 years of tech advances tomorrow morning. Will report later

Unfortunately, despite your intentions, your original post made the claim that “your little sportscar is slower than a truck”.

Here it is again for reference:

No mention of any reference to a specially tuned toy work truck. Also…

Again suggesting that my car is rubbish without attempting to back up your claim. Try out the body, it really is one cramped engine bay. As for my shitting on your truck theory…

Which is confirmed by your reply with…

You just stated that your truck was a special purpose model, not a regular truck, and my comment merely stated the facts, which you’ve confirmed, and doesn’t shit on your truck at all; a well tuned chassis with three times the power of my budget Elise is going to lap the 'ring faster, but that doesn’t constitute a special achievement on your end or bad design on my part.

Your truck is a fast apple and my convertible is a slow orange. As for your premise that you were wronged in the first place…

A pointlessly snide reply instead of taking on the challenge or bowing out gracefully :unamused:

@squidhead Don’t rush your car on my account but it will be interesting to see what you come up with!

I’ll post the car file with the entire series after I reveal the Leeroy variant; that way the commentary, no matter how harsh, may actually lead to me learning new techniques… :sunglasses:

now i’m tempted to make something out of both bodies…

will be back later to report

And finally, after much controversy, the 2015 Bogliq Fox by Leeroy is revealed!!!

No stone left unturned, the tuners at Leeroy Racing tweaked, modded and replaced all they could in the pursuit of speed…

Other than bolt turbo’s to the engine, of course! :laughing:

All this for $100k AU’s making the Fox by Leeroy one for the well heeled track enthusiast! :sunglasses:

And, in traditional Bogliq Automotive fashion, here is the car data file so you can tear the car apart, learning all there is to know about this l’il track terror!!!

High_Octane_Love - 2015 Bogliq Fox.zip (167.5 KB)

2 Likes

and here’s a rough draft :stuck_out_tongue:

granted i went a bit wonkers on the engine bay.

this body have A LOT more potential than i thought.

wait, the convertible is lighter than the coupe O_o what is this sorcery.

also, i think this will actually be finished and published on my komodo company thread.

I suppose laziness and the nature of my non-native english speaking were my downfall in this fight.

Lol my Pick-Up trucks are faster than that.

The reason for that remark was that I happened to notice the times of your original car were surprisingly similar to a pick-up I had built a while ago. this one.
Yes that only applies to the performance versions (whoda thought) and since I am not the type to build something from the ground up for this purpose I went with the strategy of “throw in a bigger engine and see what happens”. Once again unintentionally similar.

Again suggesting that my car is rubbish without attempting to back up your claim.

By that I was referring to some official Nordschleifen lap times for street legal vehicles, because I’d have expected this lightweight sports car to be faster than some much heavier hatchbacks from ten years ago, but since you’ve updated the car that comment was rendered irrelevant anyway.

my comment merely stated the facts, which you’ve confirmed, and doesn’t shit on your truck at all

I’m a non-native speaker, I simply didn’t understand what you meant the first time. My bad, I guess.

Try out the body, it really is one cramped engine bay

I won’t, If it is as restricting as you say I don’t know if I can do much differently and get to the same results.

1 Like

and the engine bay are only cramped if you’re going mid engine. i went FR and it’s a bit small, but not that small.

@Awildgermanappears Thankyou for your reply. I can now see that your original post could be seen in a different context, especially from a non-native speaker’s perspective. My 2c would be to add a smiley to clarify your intent; a single :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: would have been interpreted by me as a joke, not a shitpost.

BTW, I looked at your truck and it’s a very nice design, thanks for the link :grin:

@koolkei Try to make one as an MR design, using FR is cheating! :stuck_out_tongue:

meh

:stuck_out_tongue:
also a rough draft with the MR :stuck_out_tongue: this one with turbo
i got the FR down to 7:35-ish, that’s without turbo :slight_smile:

PS: it’s even all-aluminium body.
PPS: it’s also not manual though

1 Like

Had a go at you challenge and I must say MacPherson strut rear suspension is the answer m8 if you need bigger engines. Able to fit a lovely lightweight Pushrod flatplane V8 in there. Got it down to a 7:45 despite me sucking at tuning MR.

7:45 pushrod v8 in an MR car? O_O

.#badgrammar