Bottom Drives (AutoBeam Challenge)

You know, I should have time to help make a few cards if you want.

I think the burnout from an overload of car submissions is part of what killed the last challenge like this, so I don’t wanna see that happen again.

Same, i have a decent amount of experience making them too

I almost have all the stats tracked for the cars, so I’ll give you both the stat sheet and the gimp .xcf when im done

2 Likes
ALL CARDS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED

But since I realize it is a bad idea to close submissions so abruptly, I will accept them until the end of this Thursday. I’m currently working on setting up a poll for the tracks the competitors will race on. It will consist of the following: Technical road course, long road course, rallycross, rally raid, and a secret selection :eyes:

4 Likes
TRACK VOTING
5 Likes

Ave’ a whiff.

Erry’ noice.

CARDS WILL DELIVERED SHORTLY
In the mean time, here is the track list you guys voted for and the RQ limit:
    • Fujigoko - Tertiary Roads 2 Link
    • Spa Francorchamps (rolling start) Link
    • Long Industrial Course (Vanilla)
    • Pikes Peak Gravel - Devil’s Playground Link

Since the average RQ of every car is 50, the limit will be slightly over that at 270. I will send your cars in the form of a google sheet that looks like this example:

Once everyone recieves one of these (I will send them to everyone tagged in the trade tokens post) the deadline for lap submissions will be July 1. Send the laps to me in any format possible, for example YT or Google Drive. Anyone who hasn’t signed up yet is free to do so until the deadline.

5 Likes
PAINFUL TEMPORARY WORKAROUND IF CARS DON'T WORK AT ALL
The two funny early access car games have broken yet again, and now cars with carbon ceramic brakes don't work at all. Luckily, if you like pain, I found out a temporary workaround to this before the game gets fixed. (hopefully)

First of all, make sure you turn competitive scenarios off. You can find the option by going into the gameplay section of settings, where it will be at the top of the list.

Now with the settings turned off, you are free to open the vehicle config in time trials, so once you load into one with your glitched shitbox, go into the vehicle config and click the reset button at the bottom of the menu.

After that, the car should work fine until you eventually crash it since you have to do this after EVERY FUCKING RESET. You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Keep in mind the car’s brakes wont stay on before you start the time trial anymore, so try to launch the car when the countdown ends or I will penalize your lap. Hopefully this should be fixed soon so no one has to worry about it though

3 Likes

THE BUG GOT PATCHED, THE GUIDE ABOVE IS NOW COMPLETELY USELESS

EXTRA INFO WHILE I FIGURE OUT HOW TO CALCULATE POINTS
The following cars can be exhanged or used in a fuse without spending a token because they suck so bad:

And here is the full car list so you can know what you will get by spending an exchange but then be even more dissapointed now that you didn’t get what you want:

4 Likes

Five cars with negative RQ?! Them’s some spicy builds

OFFICIAL CHALLENGE GUIDE AND POINTS SCORING
Each player will receive a google sheets with their cards and some extras. They will all include the following:

4 rows of 5 cars resulting in a total of 20; these are the drop chances for each row:

Row 1: 80% Common, 20% Uncommon, 5% Rare

Row 2: Cards 1-3: 60% Uncommon, 40% Rare
Cards 4-5: 70% Rare, 30% Super Rare
10% any is an ultra rare

Row 3: Cards 1-3: 60% Super Rare, 40% Ultra Rare
Cards 4-5: 50% Super Rare, 50% Ultra Rare
10% any is an epic

Row 4: 60% Ultra Rare, 40% Epic, 10% Legendary

REROLL TOKENS
Incase you have some cars that suck ass and you don't want anything to do with them, you have some chances to reroll in 2 forms:
  • Exchange Tokens: Exchange one car for a random one of the same rarity
  • Fusion Tokens: Trade 2 cars of the same rarity to receive a car of the next rarity
You have 4 of each tokens, so use them wisely. However, there are some cars that you can fuse or exchange for free without spending a token. Scroll above to see what they are.
TRACK LIST
There are 5 tracks for this challenge which different cars are suited for:
  1. Fujigoko - Tertiary Roads 2

A short asphalt road rally in Japan with lots of corners. Handling is the #1 priority here, so use the best handling car you got here; you will rarely if not never go past 100 mph on this course.

2. Spa Francorchamps

The famous Belgian race track that hosts many endurance events and even F1, now brought into this challenge to absolutely send your beloved shitboxes on. A car with good acceleration and top speed can give an advantage here, but make sure it can turn too so you don’t die a painful death at the Eau Rouge.

3. Long Industrial Course
    BeamNG.drive.x64_yAyInyk8p6
    A tight dirt track surrounded with the sweet aroma of industry smog. A light and nimble car without sport/slick tires is recommended here so you don’t suffer on the dirt.

4. Pikes Peak Gravel - Devil’s Playground

One of the most dangerous race tracks in the world, except the start of it is at where it is in Gran Turismo 2 to reduce the amount of suffering. Use a car that is both capable of taking on the hairpins and accelerating out of them quickly. (pretty much just an AWD car)

5. Wavebreaker Shore

And to finish off, a crazy fun track inspired by Motorstorm, full of rough terrain and jumps. I would reccomend a tough off-road car to absorb the action, but it is even possible to complete it in the piece of shit Vanthog (if you like pain) Either way, expect your car to be a complete wreck.

TRACK LIMITS AND SCORING
50 points will go to whoever gets first place for each track, with the other competitors scoring less the larger the difference in times are compared to first place. You will also get a 1 second penalty each time you ignore the specified track limits if it looks like the cut in question saves time.

Fugigoko: The following corners can be cut without a penalty:

For everywhere else, having more than 2 wheels off the asphalt will result in a penalty.

Point Rate: -1 points for each second slower than first

Spa: It is okay to drive on the green parts on an apex like shown below:

Otherwise, having more than 2 wheels off the white lines will result in a penalty.

Point Rate: -0.5 points for each second slower than first

Industrial: It is hard to define track limits for an offroad track, so don’t blatantly cut the entire track and you’ll be fine.

Edit: Going on the left side of the steel beams at the beginning is completely fine

Point Rate: -2 points for each second slower than first

Pikes Peak: Once again, offroad track, don’t blatantly cut across it

Point Rate: -0.5 points for each second slower than first

Wavebreaker: Zero track limits, just choose whatever route gets the fastest time, even if it means slamming into a wall.

Point Rate: -1 points for each second slower than first

You have a RQ limit of 270 across all 5 cars selected for each track, I have provided a calculator on the sheets to make it easier if you are under the limit. Just enter the RQ of each car in the 5 boxes, and it will let you know if you are within the limit or not. You can't use a car more than once, unless you have a duplicate of it.

Once you selected your cars, record a lap of each track and send the video to me in whatever format possible. I will publish the results spreadhseet with all the videos on it, but let me know if you don’t want them public for whatever reason. Since Friday is an awful day for procrastinating until the last minute, the deadilen for lap submissions will be exteneded until the end of Sunday, July 3. If you have not recieved a spreadsheet yet and you would like to participate in this challenge, let me know and I’ll send you one.

This is the list of competitors so far:
@ImKaeR
@Edsel
@Caligo
@CriticalSet9849
@AndiD
@bulba
@randomtuner
@Sealboi
@Golisopog
@pcmoreno
@Lanson
@lotto77
@nev
@Ken_Shiro
+6 guys not on the forums

7 Likes

Huh, didn’t expect you’d be taking points for going off the road. Does that include cases where you go wide/outside on a turn (where the mistake results in a clear loss of time?)

I guess not, ill update the post so that it only results in a penalty if it is clearly a cut that saves time

2 Likes

:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:1 WEEK LEFT FOR LAPS:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:
:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:1 WEEK LEFT FOR LAPS:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

So far, the only ones who decided not to procrastinate until July 3, 11:59 PM are @ImKaeR and @Edsel

3 Likes

LASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAYLASTDAY

3 Likes

since I wont be home all day tomorrow because of Independence Day, the lap deadline will be extended by a day

FINAL STANDINGS

With a total of 10 people submitting (plus me), here are the final standings:
  1. @CriticalSet9849 - 199.1 pts
  2. me trolololololol - 194.8 pts
  3. @AndiD - 189.6 pts
  4. @ImKaeR - 189.3 pts
  5. Smons - 182.8 pts
  6. @Ken_Shiro - 164.9 pts
  7. @Edsel - 162.7 pts
  8. @pcmoreno - 128.7 pts
  9. Daan - 123.5 pts
  10. @Golisopog - 117.3 pts
  11. Ctesiphon - 113 pts
Thanks to everyone who both submitted cars and participated in the races. I never even thought the car pool would have more than 60 cars, but to my surprise it went all the way up to 170. Thanks to this, there were a wide variety of cars in each race, such as rally raid trucks racing against a bus! I hope it was a nice contrast for all the challenges with extremely locked down briefs such as "boring 2000s fwd 4 cylinder japanese commuter sedans". Perhaps I could reignite this challenge in the future with a twist? Let me know what you guys think could be possible.

Here are the results in more detail, including videos:

6 Likes

On one hand, it looks like it was a very cool challenge. On the other hand, none of the seven cars I submitted got used :frowning: Though with 170 cars and only 55 spots I imagine this was the case for several other people too

Yeah, I remember being worried that my 13 submissions would be “too much,” but now I don’t think I saw more than 2 of mine on any one deck.

This challenge was really fun though, and I’m glad I could participate! Now that we already have such a large library of cars to choose from, it should be easier to do another round (not to discount the work that goes in, though).

For one suggestion, as an idea to get more exposure to more cars, maybe we could do some rounds which limit the lineup to only 1 or 2 RQ tiers?

Edit: Oh, and another thing I thought of: I remember noticing a couple of errors on the cards and sheet; small things, like a FWD car being mislabeled as RWD. It’s not too big a problem- given the size of this competition, little things like that are inevitable -but perhaps it would help to put out like a google form, for people to submit bugs/errors they notice?