BRC 1966 - Gentleman Brobots Club [RACE 7 P&Q]

[quote=“koolkei”]HOLY YISSSSSSSSSSSS

but why 1966? not 1965? is there a particular reason for this?[/quote]

My guess would be to explicitly eliminate the not-Sprite body?

@Martin: So, does this mean I cannot participate? I’m no Gentleman. :wink: Also, can you include a link for the mod pack allowed? I can never find it when I need it, and I currently have way more stuff than that installed in my game.

^ then again, the collection is actually growing slowly.

[quote=“strop”]Because in 1965, the last ten years body rule will include the not-sprite. You weren’t around for that particular contest, but let’s just say that body was, compared to the other bodies available for the time, super OP to the point that if you didn’t use it, you had no chance of placing even in the top third of the field :stuck_out_tongue:

(Due to low power:weight ratings, it was much lighter and the power limitation was very easy to hit, and also had much less overall drag than the other bodies.)[/quote]

well i wasn’t in it, but i kinda watched the last 2-3 races. so i kinda know :slight_smile:

On the upside, I built my car almost immediately following the 1955BRC, and…the body I used is in the collection!!!

I also wonder where the collection is, can’t find it. Is it somewhere else than under Automation in the workshop?

Do i need to unsubscribe all else?

High Quality Essentials

Here is the link. Search “High Quality Essentials” in the workshop to find it though.

So wait. Wasn’t the not Sprite a mod? And wouldn’t that be banned anyway? Or are there vehicles in the quality essentials collection I don’t know about?

Yes, the not-Sprite is a mod, but is included in the specified mod-pack so was eligble in the previous BRC held in 1955. It was the first year for the body availablility. There are several vehicles included in the pack, but ,most of them are not eligible.

Can I take 101 as my race Number Please?

How is tyre wear calculated? Driveability, sportines, load, wheelspin, all of them?

The way the track testing is calculated in game comes from this race simulation so yeah

Is the Safety Value taken into account in crashes? What determines the damage my car gets?

My current car has 0.0 Safety. I don’t want it to fail because a fly hit the windscreen. :wink:

you don’t need a fly. wind alone will take it down like a cardboard box :stuck_out_tongue:

@mer_at: That’s the current proposal:

I’m probably going to enter a car with at least 15 Safety, just to be safe.

[quote=“UMGaming”]

The way the track testing is calculated in game comes from this race simulation so yeah[/quote]

I knew about new calculations but i still do not know what does efect tyre wear the most :slight_smile:

I know of four factors:
[ul]
]Gross vehicle weight. (I think. Not sure.)/:m]
]Wheelspin./:m]
]Camber (more negative = more wear)./:m]
]Understeer/oversteer. The closer your yaw rate curve is to the red line, the less tyre wear./:m][/ul]
Actually, that makes me wonder: Der Bayer, are you going to use the high-speed yaw rate curve in calculating wear, too? Might be interesting!

any more updates? my butt is clenching as hard as it could and are prepared to seat on those park bench seat again.

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]

[quote=“koolkei”]HOLY YISSSSSSSSSSSS

but why 1966? not 1965? is there a particular reason for this?[/quote]

My guess would be to explicitly eliminate the not-Sprite body?

@Martin: So, does this mean I cannot participate? I’m no Gentleman. :wink: Also, can you include a link for the mod pack allowed? I can never find it when I need it, and I currently have way more stuff than that installed in my game.[/quote]

Yeah it is 1966 and the rules have been changed in order to exclude the non-Sprite.

Only the driver Model is considered to be a gentleman, so you as a car designer still can join of course. :wink:

You will be able to choose your preferred numbers but are limited to single and two digit numbers.

[quote=“Packbat”]I know of four factors:
[ul]
]Gross vehicle weight. (I think. Not sure.)/:m]
]Wheelspin./:m]
]Camber (more negative = more wear)./:m]
]Understeer/oversteer. The closer your yaw rate curve is to the red line, the less tyre wear./:m][/ul]
Actually, that makes me wonder: Der Bayer, are you going to use the high-speed yaw rate curve in calculating wear, too? Might be interesting![/quote]

Tyrewear is based on tyre load per width, camber, wheelspin (actual wheelspin, not the stat), brake pad settings and brake dimensions (if wheels are locking up easily).

[quote=“mer_at”]Is the Safety Value taken into account in crashes? What determines the damage my car gets?

My current car has 0.0 Safety. I don’t want it to fail because a fly hit the windscreen. :wink:[/quote]

The damage your car takes is influenced by weight (comparison to the other crashing car, the lighter one takes more damage), safety and average reliability of the car. The influence will consist of an somewhat average value but a value close to 0 in some category will penalise you a lot more.

A rather important note: The engine reliability stat in the game is not changing anymore if you provide not enough cooling. The reliability in my calculations will take a look at required and actual cooling and scale engine reliability depending on that.

Another note: I try to get the submission tool ready before the weekend. :slight_smile:

well dang. i really usually prefer to have a 2 piston oversized disc because im trying to get the brake fade as low as possible. more often than not, it makes the brake pretty OP.

or is there another way to do it? aside from giving it more brake cooling?

Is 00 or 0 possible as racing numbers? (I’m guessing that 0 will be anyway but If possible I’m taking 00)