BRC 1966 - Gentleman Brobots Club [RACE 7 P&Q]

1-99 with 1 being reserved for the current champion.

I call shotgun on 88

Nobody does anything. I don’t want this thread to become a mess of race number claims. You will be able to specify your desired number when you submit your car (first come first serve).

ohh ok sorry about that

And when you said not other mods, you will say that other mods that isn’t the essential mods is forbidden, or non-steam mods is forbidden?

Other mods outside the high quality pack are forbidden.

The challenge is now OPEN. Please take a look at the first post for further instructions. The deadline has not yet been set.

Hi Der Bayer!

When i upload my trim, gives me this error:

Can you help me?

thanks!

Oh, same here!

Error: functional/data.lua:29: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value) stack traceback: functional/data.lua:29: in function 'LoadFile' main.lua:502: in function 'update' main.lua:1149: in function <main.lua:1096 [C]: in function 'xpcall'

I’m going to rebuild the car and see if it still happens.

EDIT: yep, simply doesn’t want to load. I’m using the small 60s coupe body (which I always think is a Datsun 240z but the 240z didn’t exist until later…), and I rebuilt the car, and it doesn’t want to load for some reason!

I will check when I am back home. Sorry for the issues. Rebuilding the car probably won’t help.

Did you run the program with administrator rights?

Yes. With or without administrator rights, I was able to export my other test models just fine! Is it a body-specific thing, I wonder?

No, it is only searching for the files with the correct ID, which belong to the trim. So as long as all files are there it should work.

I claim 88. Two times infinity or twice the Chinese lucky number to help me!

you guys are fast. i haven’t even started my car…

i really need to hurry before the limits up

Today is going to be BRC building evening :slight_smile:
As I understand, you can revise and retune your car later right?

Yes, until the deadline has passed.

[quote=“strop”]
I’m going to rebuild the car and see if it still happens.

EDIT: yep, simply doesn’t want to load. I’m using the small 60s coupe body (which I always think is a Datsun 240z but the 240z didn’t exist until later…), and I rebuilt the car, and it doesn’t want to load for some reason![/quote]

is the coupe body even in the essentials mod pack? because i dont see it. or is it already in-game?

Opened the tool and read the read me. Is there no way to make an irregular pitstop of the wear on a single tyre exceeds a certain amount? That would seem way more useful to me, especially on first sessions with a car that has significantly higher rear tyre wear than front, or when somehow irregular wear occurs. An irregular pit stop at 20% average wear isn’t going to save you if the front tyres are at 50% or higher.

Edit: will a higher than required cooling result into a higher engine reliability?

To all of those having issues please give a detailed description of what you do and when it crashes. Does it immediately crash when clicking “Select Trim” or when you choose the trim file? Is Automation still running when you work with the tool? I would recommend to close Automation.

[quote=“Dragawn”]Opened the tool and read the read me. Is there no way to make an irregular pitstop of the wear on a single tyre exceeds a certain amount? That would seem way more useful to me, especially on first sessions with a car that has significantly higher rear tyre wear than front, or when somehow irregular wear occurs. An irregular pit stop at 20% average wear isn’t going to save you if the front tyres are at 50% or higher.

Edit: will a higher than required cooling result into a higher engine reliability?[/quote]

Tyre wear: That sounds reasonable. The Tool will stay the same, just the simulation needs to be changed. No big deal. :slight_smile:

Higher cooling will result in higher engine reliability, yes.