BRC 1966 - Gentleman Brobots Club [RACE 7 P&Q]

I tried the tool too, but it crashes as soon as i select any trim

Edit: I double checked, strangely it doesnt work only for the cars prepared for the BRC Challange.

The error occurs when i choose certain trims including the one for BRC, in the pop up menu. There are other trims of other cars working fineā€¦

It occurs either way if the game is running or notā€¦

This is what I get. I enter my name and a name for the car. When I select ā€œTrimā€ it turns to this screen. I have tried it with the game open, closed, the car exported, the car not exported. I am running as administrator.

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/903/WfqsnA.png

Here is where I have extracted the tool and its components.

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/633/NmxV88.png

I think you have to create a folder BRC1966 where to extract the program, not extract the compressed folder into the automation one.

The folder structure should look like this:

Andrea is right, create a new folder please.

For the other ones having problems: I will think of a solution but I really donā€™t know whats going on. You would help me if you could export the car which is not working in a PM. Thanks for your patience.

[quote=ā€œDer Bayerā€]Andrea is right, create a new folder please.

For the other ones having problems: I will think of a solution but I really donā€™t know whats going on. You would help me if you could export the car which is not working in a PM. Thanks for your patience.[/quote]

PM with the export sent.

Just curious if someone would mind sharing some ballpark figures so i / we can have an idea of what the cars should be able to do? My current car does the automation track in 2.23.01, which is quite a lot lower than the competitive cars from the 1955 BRC, and i assume these will be faster, not slower. Or if we could have an idea from a benchmark car on the automation track and/or airfield track? Want to participate yet not finish last :slight_smile:

Oh sh*t right now I am doing 2.27 :astonished: ā€¦ this is not looking good :open_mouth:

I think your time is fine. opens automation, deletes car design and cries

canā€™t enter ā€œ.ā€ into the CarName :frowning:

What would be nice:

• if i knew how much fuel my car holds!!!
  • how much fuel i need for the whole race (approximately)

Claiming #21. Also, I couldnā€™t wait for this, especially as I just missed out on BRC 1955.
Also, my car is getting around 2:27.XX on the automation test track.

For those who did previous BRC: how much would you say does (how much) brake fade influence race performance? :slight_smile:

Cheers Bayer :slight_smile:
Does tyre wear affect handling balance? e.g. worn front tyres causing understeer.

I think the technological advances from 1955 count for a lot, as do the new tyre widths. Iā€™m tossing up between a few bodies with similar times and fuel consumption rates. All of them at this stage are doing about 2:23ish on AT so I assume thatā€™ll be competitive as a single lap time. Now I just need to test the handling characteristics and fuel capacityā€¦ As well as weight. All my cars run between 230 to 270hp with weights from 920 to 1080kg. The clear winner is also quite a bit smaller thoughā€¦ Will have to refuel more oftenā€¦

[quote=ā€œasdrenā€]

I think your time is fine. opens automation, deletes car design and cries[/quote]

Wait. I just realized i was running on sport tires at 2.26.10. Now on slicks, much better :mrgreen: . Everybody using slicks?

Oh yes I was running slicks. Probably would see 2:26 or sonif I ran sports.

[quote=ā€œasdrenā€]

I think your time is fine. opens automation, deletes car design and cries

Wait. I just realized i was running on sport tires at 2.26.10. Now on slicks, much better :mrgreen: . Everybody using slicks?[/quote]

Yup, using slicks as well, and seeing that iā€™m running within ā€œstrop-ishā€ iā€™m pretty happy for the time being. Just a bit worried about how my reliability, driveability, tyre wear and such will affect my error rate. Just hope i havenā€™t derped on any rules, donā€™t think i have but fails do happen on my account :blush:

(Downloads)

ā€œVirus or Malware software detected. Operation canceled.ā€

Le confuse

Iā€™ll also add that Iā€™m letting my cars run a bit ā€˜heavyā€™ for now, including making safety at least 25 (Iā€™m scared of damage done due to crashing). Im also giving myself a fairly healthy reliability margin (37). If it looks like Iā€™ll struggle in qualifying Iā€™ll just have to amp up the risk :smiling_imp:

I wonder just how much camber affects wear because I did go quite aggressive with thatā€¦