BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

I have 4 vents giving me 600 kj/s but i want the car to look good. So if i have more vents having the same cooling, will it be less aerodynamic?

Nope. Same cooling = same aero

Thanks.

My front-engined flatnose for people who don’t want to build their own cars.

Riso - BRC 76 - FR not-930.zip (26.7 KB)

Manged to drop .3 seconds off my NA car and only lost 2 engine reliability, definitely going to set a hard limit of 30 reliability for my cars, just to be safe. Starting work on a turbo car, already down to 2:12ish but its always so difficult to suspension tune mid and rear engined cars.

Here you can find the flying lap version of the Automation Test Track:

2 Likes

Seriously confused why I am 4 seconds per lap slower in brobot compared to automation

Fuel weight, tyre wear, driver not doing the perfect lap all the time.

Fuel weight then, the tire wear was basically nil, since it was lap 2 or 3.

Does drivability of the car have an impact on that factor? (other than driver errors I mean)

Yup, this is my next test cars engine reliability:

:grin:

Engine durability in racing is a fad that will never catch on.

When’s the next test btw?

1 Like

TBH I was aiming for 40 so i didn’t get a triple dnf 's in a row (like brc 1966) and my engine just happened to be that reliable

I made a new trim and suspension setup on my pantera and suddenly I keep getting various UVMesh errors. Deleting and recreating the car barely works. The car will then load once or twice but inevitably it will break again.

What are you doing to me game? What?

Sometimes it feels like the save system in this game has been custom built to delete or corrupt your sh*t when you least expect it.

I can’t open my BRC car any more. I’ve been backing it up via exports religiously but for some god damn reason the latest export only exported the car (no trim, no engine) and the one before that throws up a .lua error.

For some reason the .lua files also have my username in front of them five times for the car and twice for the engine, which seems rather redundant.

I still have the BRC tool exports of the latest version, but the game can’t read these directly. Can someone please advise what I need to change to make these work?

There’s a reason I take screenshots of the trim and don’t do extensive body morphing…

@HowlerAutomotive I have a converter to make them readable in Automation again. I will send you the files in the evening.

Next test will be after the weekend, the exact date is not set in stone yet, i. e. Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks @Der_Bayer, I appreciate that. I have sent over the latest version I was working on.

AH I may finally have time to get DSD’s entry in I have a lot of testing to do in the next 24hrs lol

BRC tool is not letting me select one of my 2 car trims.