BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

It means that your car has to do a lap that takes no longer than 1.1 times the fastest lap to qualify, so as to prevent the track from being cluttered by commie hatchbacks or eco cars.

Anybody else going for economy? So that you don’t have to refuel? Is that a viable tactic?

You can do that, but also make sure tire wear is okay then. More than 20% really slows you down.

In the endurance race I’ve gone slightly eco but had too much tire wear, finishing 21 and 22.

People, I’m sorry, i know this is a competition but can i get a bit (quite a bit of help) with this? i have never entered a competition like this. in exchange, i can make car bodies for you. :smile_cat:

The way I understand it is that the benchmark time will be the fastest lap of all the entries he received for qualifying, not based on his own time.

@Pboy123 You can get some inspiration from the endurance race that I mentioned. Look at the trump cards which did well in the race.

For the benchmark time, I also understand it as 110% of the fastest of all entries. Which is at least in the 24’s as soon as he updates it :wink:

I cant find the top trump cards, how much scrolled down are they? (the number)

In the first post, theres 2 pictures, then a youtube-video and then a google drive link to the trump cards.

The BRC-tool I downloaded cannot cope with capital letters; RobtheFiend becomes obthe iend.

The 110% time check will be done on the in-game test track times, based on the fastest legit entry I got. Just to sort out the really slow cars before the season. After that check has been passed, everyone who passed will enter in all the races. No further checks.

@RobtheFiend I don’t know what’s happening there, must be something with your keyboard layout. Just leave me a note in the PM you send and I will fix it manually.

BRC 1976 is open for submissions?

Welp, there goes my weekend. Time to clear the schedule for car building. Not that it’s a bad thing.

3 Likes

The transmogrified Godiva RS:

Performance should be respectable for the first test. Of course i’m sitting here wondering what obvious improvements I have missed that would be clear after one race (or a previous season).

3 Likes

I’m trying to build a really economical car, like 70mpg, with good handling and balance under 9000 dollars.
Whoops. There goes the rest of my life.

1 Like

Can i submit two cars? @Der_Bayer

Nope. One car per participant.

Apparently not in the endurance race. Cobaltgirl submitted two cars.

It was allowed in the endurance race. If you read the rules of this challenge: “one car per participant only”

Oh, sorry i forgot.

If you actually read the first post, it turns out you can get a lot of information! Who knew?

1 Like

Seriously people, just stop.