BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

If we could have a full proper race weekend for the final pre season test that would be great

I just realized my car was not in test 5ā€¦ I thought I sent it in a few days agoā€¦ :frowning:
Guess I only get one chance to see how my car is going to perform for the season.
EDIT: Checked my ā€œsentā€ box and my car submission is there from 2 days ago, did I just miss a cutoff or did you not get my car? Hope I get in the last test.

I will check that in the evening. Seems like I missed a few cars, but I donā€™t know where they got lost. Youā€™ll get the info you need. :slight_smile:

Thanks Der Bayer!

How come i started 93rd in the race but Iā€™m 12th on the race number claiming spreadsheet.

that is your numbernot were you start in the race ie you are car 12

Oh, got it.

1 Like

So far in my efforts to improve efficiency and do my last little bit of tuning iā€™ve gone from a 2:09.00 flying lap down to a 2:09.03 with .1 lower AFR and higher cam which should easily allow me to go on a 1 stop strategy.

@CriticalSet9849 Youā€™re car is very, very fast, congrats mate. Very impressive.

I think my first showing wasnā€™t bad, tyre wear can be scaled back, rather higher than I expected. Iā€™ll be keen to see what people have come up with. Trying to go for a more all round approach this time, looking to run decent safety, drivability and reliability. Itā€™s hard to judge what top speed to aim for. I wish I could translate worse fuel economy into more power but Iā€™m at the limit for what is usable, any more and it just translates into wheel spin and drag.

And my cars are all broken in some fashion where the fuel mix is all messed upā€¦

How so?

I think Iā€™m onto something pretty quick for the next test. Keen to see how it goes. (Rip tyres).

According to automation I made my car 2 seconds slowerā€¦ now its in 11th compared with 25th. Abysmal tire wear even after my attempted fix and it runs out of fuel after 17 laps with a huge gas tank. Probably the LEAST efficient N/A engine in the race.

How many laps per race?

The number of laps depends on the track. See booklet.

The ATT is 4.8 km. Multiply with how many laps your car managed, thatā€™s the distance it can get.
Each race is slightly over 200km, divide 200 with the distance managed.
Example: my car managed 20 laps 20x4.8=96, 200/96=2.0833 - I need more than 1 stop to make it.
If you had fuel left, you need to calculate teoretical distance.

Then you also have tire wear. Never forget that.

1 Like

Have you checked the engine year? Sometimes it changes.

I seem to remember Packbat or somebody else - correct me if Iā€™m wrong - posting a fairly decent guide on what to do about tyre wear.

It was basically:

• Find out Tyre Wear per Lap for front and rear (based off of the qualifying session), so Total Tyre Wear/No of Laps
  • Work out how many laps it will take at least one of the tyre sets (front/rear) to 30% (or lower, depending on how safe you want to play it)
  • Adjust race strategy as necessary.

Then, adding on from @RobtheFiendā€™s post, comes the joy of trying to align fuel stops with tyre stops. As has been previously mentioned, itā€™s best to do fuel and tyre stops together, because:

Tyre changes usually last between 15 and 20 seconds. Refuelling is done simultaneously at a rate of 2.5 kg/s.

So you may as well make the most of the 15/20 seconds itā€™ll take. And, something that I learnt from @packbat [here] (BRC 1966 - Gentleman Brobots Club [RACE 7 P&Q] - #854 by Packbat) in BRC 1966, more fuel stops will allow your car to race with less fuel on board (so long as the maths hasnā€™t been changed, which I donā€™t believe has happened).

Even if you can make the whole race on one tank, it can be beneficial to refuel as the simulator with only fill your car with the amount of fuel required to reach the next pit stop or the end of the race. So, the time saved not having to refill can potentially be negated by having less weight and hence driving faster.

All of that should be correct unless @Der_Bayer has made big changes to the calculations :wink:

Do not forget that every track wears tires and fuel differentlyā€¦ there is not much sense in aligning it now for ATT. Thatā€™s what race strategy if for :wink:

1 Like

Would be nice to have a test on Hockenheim actually.

I really need to look into different bodies to be competitive in this race. but then It becomes much less lore friendly (for AEA/RPG).

Which body are you using?

Also thanks for the advice on working tyre wear and fuel use guys, very helpful.