BUDGET POLICE CAR CHALLENGE (deadline 1st October)

As long as the model year is set to 1990, anything available should be fine.

Nice.
I see that I misread the model year though, I read it as “the decade, not the year” instead of what it actually was. Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Need a cheap police car? Want it to actually do stuff?

Normally these qualities would inherently conflict. but allow me to introduce:

The Bazard Rikkett base; Police Package

Photo217_1

It may look like the most basic model of an already pretty low-end economy car, but we’ve messed around with it a bit; this 780kg (1700lb) car now has a 100hp Boxer-4 seated in the back, transferring power through a 5-speed manual into all 4 wide, heavy-duty wheels. With short gearing for high-speed city driving, a manual locking differential for cross country expiditions, and a variety of cruel and unusual criminal-stopping features, this car really can go anywhere and excels at everything.

Criminal-Stopping Features

Traditional bullbar, to protect the car in a slow head-on collision. Not that you’d survive any crash in a car this small, but hey, any bit helps.

A loudspeaker, to give commands and threats to civilians and perpetrators respectively. The car also comes with the smallest muffler possible, to put the fear of god into the fleeing.

A heavy-duty lock on the trunk, to keep the criminals from getting out mid-transport. An advantage of the trunk being in front is that if they do get out, you’ll notice immediately, and be able to run them down before they get very far.

Spikes om each corner, to teach careless parkers that nearly ding your car in the parking lot. Could also be used to counter PIT maneuvers; or, if you don’t fear death, to aid in performing one.

And finally, our pride and joy, a hidden firearm mount in the front, designed to attack vehicles and their tires (though use against pedestrians is non-optimal, it is still possible). Compatible with all sorts of small arms you already have, such as pistols and SMGs, these guns can be fired by the driver fighter-jet style. The mount is placed slightly off center so that it’s closer to the driver’s position, making it easier to aim; an alternate position centered even closer to the driver is available, but it only supports pistols. Note that the gun can only be reloaded by hand, so it is advised to keep the gun loaded and ready at all times. >:)

9 Likes

quick question, the cost refers to material costs, right? image

In most challenges, “cost” refers to the “approximate cost” figure, shown in sandbox on the design tab when “Markets” or “Detail Stats” is selected. (highlighted in this photograph)
metal-bucket-water-white-background-32330031

2 Likes

Wish it was material costs lmao

2 Likes

I never noticed that lol

Due to a minor error I made, I had to resubmit my car.

While at it, I decided to change it a bit. Let me introduce,

Minmax Motors cruiser-69

It doesn’t break any rules, therefore it shall be considered to be a serious entry.

7 Likes

Any body model is fine. Like literally any body model up until 1990. You could even go for the really old 1910’s cars although you would have a gianormous penalty in design points.

Numberplates?

2 Likes

Anything that has letters on it. If there is a car with no numberplates I’ll put them on myself.

The Celio Patrol is the perfect budget police car, no matter the environment.

Its strong 1.6L has enough torque to keep up with the bad guys, as well as being fuel efficient.

4 Likes

1990 Katsuro Gatlin Speedgunner

Equipped with an additional Fuel Tank so the perps can never outlast you…
2x2 Front and Rear Miniguns so they can NEVER outshoot you…
5.0L V8 so they can never outrun you
Sufficient offroading capabilities (Just watch some of the deeper potholes and bring a bag to cover the alternator.)
Loudspeaker to shout at them
Blue wheels to distract them
Battering rams in case it gets dirty…

7 Likes

1990 Ishu Arrada Police Interceptor

It may not be the fastest car, but the Ishu Arrada was built to be effective in the war against crime. And, like any good soldier at war, the Arrada is not unarmed.

Up front, quad 12-gauge shotguns peek out on either side of the license plate, designed for shooting out the tires of any vehicle unfortunate enough to be faster than the Arrada. Above the shotguns, there is a powerful off-road light bar, repurposed to throw insanely bright light directly at the criminal’s rear-view mirror, hopefully causing them to wreck their car. Should they not stop after either of those options were used, you have a heavy, black-steel nudge bar, perfect for pit-maneuvering the fleeing vehicle.

Out back, you have two hatches that flip open, dumping hollow-cored caltrops all over the road to puncture the perp’s tires. Alternatively, you could use the twin flamethrowers, powered by propane, to overheat the radiator of the trailing vehicle, offering an alternative method for ending a pursuit. It also works well for getting tailgaters off of your ass.

Under the hood is a twin-turbocharged 2.3L boxer-4 engine, mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox. This powers the front wheels, thanks to a partnership with Sinistra Motors, who make a durable L-FWD transaxle.

While all of the seats are uncomfortable, the rear compartment of this car is particularly unpleasant. With no way out from the inside, this prison cage on wheels will contain your criminals in the unholy hell that is the rear seat of a compact car.

For more customization between police departments, the vehicle’s C-Pillar can be ordered in a variety of other paints, while leaving the rest of the car in the traditional black-and-white livery.

(Yeah, the decals often have some issues with my graphics settings, so there’s lots of duplicate perspectives. I blame it on running Automation with Intel HD graphics.)

8 Likes

The AMW Prowler definitely stands out because of its tall and imposing stature

Thanks to the tall ride height and a full 4x4 system it has no troubles off-road, and despite its size it handles paved courses surprisingly well. Powering it is a torquey and robust 3.5L V8, tuned for durability rather than peak power.

Overall, while the AMW Prowler may not be the fastest police car, it offers great utility, especially but not exclusively for offroad use. The tyre compound has been deliberately chosen for a balance between off- and on-road performance.

I made a video about the build process (and some testing) which you can watch here: 1990 Budget Police Car Build - YouTube

7 Likes

Alright so basically i never got my confirmation email until now. I had to re-format my post to a word document. I also cant upload any attachments since i am a new user, so a word document will have to do. I am sorry, but i had to do this. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1heIDmXSpNgHcVO7L25Z47WQdt80tVceg/view?usp=sharing There is no reason to put a malicious file here, im not such a mean and bad person. Im just doing this because i have to.

4 Likes

Thanks! I managed to download the car. I hate this stupid rule that new users can’t attach stuff. Anyway, looks very intresting!

1 Like

ah, thanks for telling me that everything worked!

1 Like

Hello, is it too late to submit one? I meant to send it in on Friday but I was heading out of town the next day and forgot the deadline :frowning:

The car is the Dona Dasher, “Roxanne” Turbo edition. Comes with driver’s side spotlight, retractable side bumpers, and a retractable passenger side lance which can be detached and wielded medieval-style. Automatic transmission and viscous LSD means the officer can drive one handed and “keep the peace” with the other! With plenty of pep under the hood and AWD for offroad pursuits, the Dona Dasher “Roxanne” Turbo is a great choice for a Police Department on a budget:

Sorry, new user as well :slight_smile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16jorHNyObIrWk9X30lhVyrXkmrZ87_mL/view?usp=sharing

6 Likes

Yeah you can have this one. I’m gonna start the challenge now, so ENTRIES ARE DONE

5 Likes