Car advertising

As far as I know there is no thread dedicated to ads. Considering that some of the ads have leaked out on the internet making people wonder if that car really ever existed, it’s appearant that we have some really skilled ad designers, so I thought that it could be fun to collect them here in one place.

As a starter, I throw in one for the 1973 IP Lily GTX.

10 Likes

13 Likes

Don’t mind me, just dropping a useful link in here; http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/

2 Likes

Yes, good as reference material when making ads…

Some older ones from me.

imageimageimage1988%20Enula%20Mocca%2010Shimutshibu%20Focer%20Moonchaser%201Dinka%20H500%201

5 Likes

Here are some of the ones I’ve made so far, but I don’t think anyone will be confusing them for something real!

11 Likes

Usually you pick one ad you like from the link posted above, put it on photoshoponline.com with some pics of your car, crop your pic and paste over the ad’s car, change ad car make and model the best you can and done. Or in my case, create it from your pics using ads as guides, like mine are done.

3 Likes

Or photopea.com

1 Like

fun little holiday ad

6 Likes

I recognize the Gladiator 420 from CSR 120 - it’s the car that beat my entry for the overall win, but not by much - and it was an honor for both cars to be featured in the epilogue to that round.

Anyway, your ads are among the best I have ever seen from anyone on these forums. Enough said.

This counts, right? Its advertising the sale of the car

8 Likes

2006 IP Dryad

3 Likes

1996 Hillstrom Limerock

7 Likes

1980 IP Lily

5 Likes

Think I can also add a few so that they don’t get lost among the challenge threads:

1962 Mara TovarishCompanion

(ad by NA importer)

Context: Cult of Personality ][ : The Boogaloo [LORE][RD 5 SUBMISSIONS] - #77 by AndiD

1972 Mara Irena Wagon

(ad by NA importer)

Context: Cult of Personality ][ : The Boogaloo [LORE][RD 5 SUBMISSIONS] - #120 by AndiD

1979 Mara Irena SX-GTR79 Edition

(general manufacturer ad)

This - somewhat controversial - ad celebrated their surprise success in the GT79 Rally
Wider context: International Gran Turismo Rally - The Grand Tour 79 [FINAL RANKING] - #33 by AndiD

1993 Mara Zvezda Wagon

(general manufacturer ad)

Context: Best buy for under 14K 1993 (Final verdicts: page 5/5, final conclusion!) - #70 by AndiD

Happy to receive feedback, esp. on look, period correctness etc.

5 Likes

Schnell D8 5.0 AWD-S

I just realised this thread exists, lol. Here are some of my ads:

4 Likes

5 Likes

an advert for my best car yet

2 Likes

1 Like