Car Color Saving?

I thought it would be cool to save colors for your cars and name the colors you chose. An example would be dodge’s Plum Crazy Purple and Petty Blue.

That’s a subLIME idea. Although I think “Catch Me Copper” and “Gang Green” might be a little over the top. :mrgreen:

edit: Jokes aside, I think this is a good idea considering car colors are an important aspect of the design phase. Designers and marketing have to take into account the cultural significance of certain colors as well as whether or not those colors will sell etc.

Here’s a good article on the subject: decisivemagazine.com/mobility-money-mood-marketing-sway-car-color-choices

If I may add my own suggestion: if something like what you describe does make it into the game (the ability to save colors and name them), it would be nice to have some sort of RGB indicator (ie. selecting a color on the palette shows the RGB numbers in the info bar) or better yet, RGB sliders for more precise color selection.

I think this is a good idea since almost all car manufactors have “their own colors” and some are even pretty famous like the Rossa corsa :slight_smile:

Wikipedia
“Since the 1920s, Italian race cars of Alfa Romeo, Maserati and later Ferrari and Abarth were (and often still are) painted in “race red” (Rosso Corsa).
This was the customary national racing color of Italy, as recommended between the World Wars by the organizations that later would become the FIA.
It refers to the nationality of the competing team, not that of the car manufacturer or driver.
In that scheme, French-entered cars such as Bugatti were blue, German such as Benz and Mercedes white (since 1934 also bare sheet metal silver),
and British green such as the mid-1960s Lotus and BRM, for instance.”

This will be a lot of fun, the new Vauxhall Adam for the example has some really horrible pun named colour like I’ll Be Black, The Greyfather, James Blonde, A Star is Brown. They’re so horrible they’re awesome.

Did not belive you so had to check it out but Papa dont peach or saturday white fever, like really? :smiley: Haha, btw the car itself dosent look that bad atleast from the inside… :wink: