Cool Wall 5: High Proof [DONE]

Ah yes, your question from earlier. My apologies.

The answer to that is: It depends. An SSR-style body is, uh, “kosher” and realistic because it still conforms to modern aero and crash stuff; A Stutz, too, was just a 70s car that dared to incorporate some earlier styling cues. But suffice to say you will lose quite a few points in realism if you, for example, try and submit a 2008 car that looks exactly like a 1950s Ford Anglia.

Currently I am making a car for CSR156, and I had the terrible idea of making it for both that and CW5.

So how terrible of an idea is that?

You’re not the only one with this idea… though it should be pointed out that the budget for CSR156 is just over half of what a 1987 car can cost for this comp.

Chevy Cavalier Z24 and Cadillac Cimmaron

do it I dare you

4 Likes

The fact that the cimarron by virtue of being the more expensive one, must the cool one is terrifying

I have a entry to mid spec trim, and a top spec trim ready. Now, to pawn this off onto a more competent person to design it visually, because I suck.

1991 Phénix Hyperion S

For sale in the area: A well maintained Hyperion S

For only 13,210 it can be yours today.

About the car:
This was Phénix top trim of the Hyperion and the first year of the 2nd gen, with a brand new redesigned chassis. It is a simple but powerful machine, with DW front and STA rear suspension, a 4 speed automatic, many aero components, a high quality sporty interior with premium amenities, a brand new variable hydraulic steering and top of the line safety. All high quality components, all the time.

The S line also comes with a sunroof, wheel vents, fog lights, an offset hood scoop and this baby was even modified with 17in alloy rims with a copper finish.

This whole package is powered by a high perf, all aluminum twin-cam 2.6L V6 rated at 250hp. With near perfect balance and performance tires, this car handles likes a dream, cornering at 1.10g. It also offers quite a good acceleration for its size and a top speed of 170mph. At 91 RON, it won’t scream exotic at your wallet.

12 Likes

Most probably inspired by this, which existed in very low amounts, but they were real for sure. The shooting brake however I’m 99% sure is a photoshop or a meticulous custom job

4 Likes

Bad news… The Dacia Sandero is seriously un cool.

6 Likes

Oh no! Anyway-

6 Likes

1994 Primus Merit C350

When looking for a sports coupé that offers unproblematic handling and excellent comfort as well as a timeless styling, the used car buyers often ask for the 1st gen Primus Merit. Peppy colors, rich trim levels and six-cylinder engines were often found since this was a popular car among both young yuppies and people suffering from a mid-life-crisis.

This early 1994 one painted in daring “Sea Green” was sold to a dentist in his 50s, now traded in since it´s hard for somebody above age 75 to get in and out. The one-owner garage car is in outstanding condition, with only 116.000 miles on the clock and a flawless service history. And THIS! ONE! IS! A! MANUAL! You won´t find that often in the USA, especially as grandpa´s pampered ride.

Yes, it has no DOHC inline engine, only an SOHC V6, but it is bearable to service, and while the giant screen of the Onboard Information Center looks totally weird today, it was the absolute height of fashion in the mid 90s. Of course, everything still works, only minor scratches on the bumpers and a slightly worn stering wheel. Buying old European premium imports is a risk, but this well-kept one is one of the better deals you can get.

e d i t:
maybe my detail obsession is going to far now…

Its actually 235 hp but typos happen, especially when advertizing used cars…

8 Likes

1986 Swanson 237 SF

Annoying ad

Classic rad 80s Swanson from before they went soft!
3.7 Boxer engine goes HARD,320 hp , low 13s 1/4 mile!
Turbo Look, otherwise stock including cassette player! Mint condition! No accidents!
Runs on regular gas, over 22MPG!
Full service record! Just two owners and 69.000 miles!
Asking Price $12.000!!!
Only selling because my HOA s**** a**!
Cash only, no down payment!
Don’t wait! Don’t delay! Don’t f*** with me!

Exterior Gallery

Interior Gallery

EDIT: STATS
  • Crew: one (two for rally operations)
  • Capacity: three passengers (S trims only)
  • Footprint: 7,1 m3
  • Empty weight: 1272 kg
  • Certified MTOW: 1791 kg
  • Fuel capacity: 13 US gallons (50 litres)
  • Powerplant: 1 × SAAPE 37B6D4AA86 six cylinder, horizontally opposed engine, 319 hp @7000 rpm (3700 cc). 393 nm @4500 rpm, >300 nm @>2000 rpm.
  • Transmission: 5-speed manual
  • Cruise speed: 61 kn (70 mph, 113 km/h)
  • Stall speed: 0 kn
  • Never exceed speed: 162 kn (186 mph, 300 km/h)
  • Range: 270 nmi (310 mi, 500 km)
  • Service ceiling: 19,000 ft (5,790 m)
  • Rate of horizontal climb: 5,67 m/s2 (0-100 4.9 s)
  • Brake rating, 100-0 km/h: 34.1 m
  • Rate of quarter mile: 13.15 s
EDIT: BONUS MATERIAL

We put a grill in your grill so you can…nah, I just left the facelift grill on. Not supposed to be there lol

Apparently back in 2020 or something I thought to give Swansons fish names. This is as far as that got:

10 Likes

Somehwere in a parallel universe, the French are fond of sports cars and Citroen is Swanson.

3 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one with plans to model the window sticker. :)

…I don’t think I’ll get my entry ready for this challenge. Probably for the best, if the absurd service costs didn’t get it binned, any feeble attempts at designing it I could come up with probably would be the final nail in the coffin. Oh well.

parallel universe

Oh yes, that’s why the mirror image isn’t properly mirrored, obviously /s

the French are fond of sports cars

I think they are

and Citroen is Swanson

“…and engineered by (Anglo-) Saxons”

@xsneakyxsimx
Just go for it, CW can be unpredictable

4 Likes

“For Sale: 1987 Gen 3 Hemsley Meteor HTX”

It’s a car, yaaaay…

6 Likes

I’m kind of in a similar boat; I’ve got a half-finished entry, but I’m unsure at this point whether it’ll get to be fully-finished in time. I’mma do my best to make it happen though, as I think it’s got interesting strengths and weaknesses.

I just threw fixtures at that and saw what stuck. The engineering was pretty much done, I just procrastinated with the visuals cause it’s not quite my forte.

3 Likes

2005 KASEAL PULSS
Lust for life.

Sleek lines, aerodynamic contours, and elegant curves effortlessly catch the eye, reflecting a sense of sophistication and sportiness. With a removable convertible top, you can effortlessly transform your driving experience, enjoying the freedom of the open air and adding an extra layer of excitement to every journey. Under the hood, the Pulss boasts a responsive and efficient engine, ready to unleash its power on the road. Whether you're navigating city streets or cruising along scenic highways, this car delivers a spirited driving experience that will leave you craving for more. Its lightweight construction and agile handling make it a joy to maneuver, providing a sense of control and confidence. Embrace the spirit of adventure and get behind the wheel of the 2005 Kaseal Pulss. Its captivating design, exhilarating performance, comfortable interior, and affordability make it a standout choice for enthusiasts and thrill-seekers alike. Experience the freedom of the open road, the wind in your hair, and the thrill of driving a truly exceptional machine. Take the plunge today and make every journey an unforgettable one.

10 Likes