Cool Wall Six (Final round done)

Starting with a 20 point penalty compared to most cars, and not finishing (second to) last, I guess I am as happy as I can be. :smiley:

Finally, a podium finish! I’ll gladly take that, as well as being the highest-placed car that’s either RWD or not a hot hatch of some sort.

I will glady take my 14th position and run with it!!

Going a sports-SUV route was a bit of a gamble, so I’m not too surprised with middle-of-the-road. Maybe I could’ve done more to make it look sportier, but everything I tried wasn’t working.

Great job with this one, it was fun checking though all these results. And congrats to @GassTiresandOil for being the first 2-time winner of a Cool Wall challenge!

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t remember G.T&O winning the first round, but now when you say it…there were after all no intentions to make it a (semi) continuous challenge yet by then.

1 Like

BTW, are you willing to (eventually) take up a seventh round of this?

2 Likes

Oh, I won’t be able to host next round. But I am glad that this has become a recurring challenge where winner has the opportunity to host next. I’ll have to pass the honors to @Maxbombe and @Texaslav .

They are still busy hosting CSR161 as we speak, so whether or not they can host CW7 is currently uncertain.

In either case i guess some ABG7 dude shall see if he can host in case they pass due to hosting CSR161 already

Bearing in mind it’s usually months between rounds I don’t think hosting a current challenge should be too much of an issue

Of the 2, I’d recommend giving @Maxbombe first choice merely because @Texaslav already hosted last round. We’ll see what they say tho.

If neither @Maxbombe nor @Texaslav can host the next round, I will happily take the reins for it in their place.

3 Likes

Cool Wall has always been an “occasional” challenge: lately we’ve established the winner has the rights, but we don’t care about CWs happening all the time. That said, I don’t think I’ll want to host one this summer or fall. @Maxbombe?

4 Likes

I have not enough free time to deal with a challenge.

2 Likes

I do, however, so I will definitely host CW7. Just give me some time to make a suitable ruleset.

2 Likes

Take a lot of time! Cool wall is an irregularly recurring challenge, I think it was, what, six months or more since the last one when this started?

5 Likes

CW5 launched last June and wrapped up two months later, while CW6 commenced in February of this year (only to end in May), so a sizable wait of six months may not be all that unreasonable. However, if the circumstances align, I may not need as much time to start CW7.

There’s also the matter of the supercharger update finally being released into the open beta - if and when that happens, I’ll continue to play it safe and use the latest stable game version instead.

1 Like