Cool Wall Three: Not Cool (Complete!)

By comparison, Kungcab’s challenge ended with about 117 cars on the wall.

Honestly, If you wanna just cut off submissions early and work with what you already have, I don’t think anyone could blame you at this point…

2 Likes

That isn’t to factor in the fact that this challenge has not one but 2 walls, which means that if the 160 car count is accurate, then this would be 320 cars that need to be added to the wall. I agree with Edsel that you should cut your losses, as over 300 cars to be added will not be an easy feat.

5 Likes

That’s what I’d call a challenge inside a challenge.

5 Likes

Wait, only 160? I was thinking 200… Honestly I’d like to see how many cars we can fit…

1 Like

Yeah, you two are right.

Given the overwhelming number of submissions nominations will close in six hours, at 11:00 AM UTC and I’ll start sorting cars then. They’ll be closed until I get all the cars sorted, and I’ll work out what happens from there.

Extra time is a risk, but I’m at work and won’t be looking at nominations until I get home.

suggestions for the wall

Kaman K-Max

Eurocopter AS332

Eurocopter EC155

Bell 360

Bell V280

AgustaWestland AW139

6 Likes

I counted through them by hand, and I think I slipped up a number every once in a while. “160” is an approximation.

(The last anchor where I was 100% sure about the count was the Smart Forfour at #50)

Yeah, I like the idea of building up the basic cool wall from suggestions that is revealed just days later, but when I saw “unlimited suggestions” and then five more, I more or less saw a disaster coming… :grimacing: Maybe an interesting solution could have been to allow four “blind” suggestions and one later, or vice versa. Because I felt like five was at the limit for what could be handled…

4 Likes

We learn from our mistakes, right?

Cool Wall

Toyota MasterAce Surf Grand Saloon

Subaru XT6

1st gen Saab 900

Merkur Scorpio

Oldsmobile Trofeo

3rd gen Cadillac Seville

Eagle Premier

1st gen Acura Legend

1990-1993 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue

1 Like

Forgot to post, nominations are closed. All… Well, all of them.

3 Likes

one hundred and seventy five submissions.
this was a good idea

2 Likes

Here is my WIP sheet of the cars. I’ll work on it over the next few days, and will eventually have a full nicely-formatted, graphical post. Eventually. I may delay the closure of submissions if it takes ages to finish.

Edit: It goes without saying, but this entire list is subject to change. I can go back and revisit a car as I desire.

7 Likes

I mean, they have wheels and an engine so they count… Right…

Restomod’s Russian Assortment :heart_eyes:

Odyssey’s mess is an apt description of what I submitted.

1 Like

“Pain” as the score made me chuckle, for sure.

2 Likes

Where would a BMW 700 and a Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon fit on this wall?

2 Likes

5 Likes

OHMYGODIFORGOTTHEAMBYOHMYGODNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO