CSC 52 - Wagons, Ho!

That’s what Europeans refer to as D- to E-segment.

I would say that’s the perfect size.

1 Like
2022 FMC Gannet by AM Design

3 Likes

Here is my entry for the FMC Gannet. Powered by a 2.6L twin-turbo straight 6 with 290hp.

2 Likes

2022 FMC Gannet

Designed by Fukorami studios. Powered by Fukorami's V8.

12 Likes

we are about 1 day away, does anybody need more time or is this original deadline still good? Being mindful that it isn’t an engineering competition, so all the new updates and whatnot will not affect the results.

12 Likes

2022 FMC Gannet

Uncompromisingly Classic, Uncompromisingly Fun, Uncompromisingly American.
A modern interpretation of the tried-and-true formula of a powerful V8, rear-wheel drive… family wagon? Well, V8 wagons are American, and powerful V8’s are also American. Powered by a 416 hp 6.2 litre naturally aspirated V8 tied to an 8-speed automatic.

Because I am a new user, you only get this one image:

1 Like

And this second one since you need to see the rear:

1 Like

3 Likes

Oh boy, December 11th came quick! I won’t be judging these until the next day or so, so if there’s a late entry to this design contest throughout today, I’ll accept it. In hindsight I probably should have ran the competition longer.

Anyway, I’ve received vehicles from:

@Prium
@Urke101
@Lazar
@Arn38fr
@izak
@nate21
@the-chowi
@Riley

@DuceTheTruth100
@crwpitman1
@bruhmoment
I don’t have a car file from you three and need one by the end of today. Please don’t make me bin ya.

Some made some errors with the name of the car and with naming in general. I’m OK with it (because I track things differently) but remember other competition runners will bin over things like that.

OK, hope to see those late entries soon!

2 Likes
  • over 100hp per litre

• naturaly aspirated

• good MPG

HOW???

I’m not sure how to send you the .car file, is the a direct message system on the website?

Edit: lmao cant post the .car because im a new user, can i send it to you through discord?

If you interact around on the forum enough (reading pages and stuff), it should grant you the ability to send files pretty quickly (like, 15 min or so I think it was?)

1 Like

like 1 (one) post and it should let you dm

edit: hmmm

thank you for letting me know, I guess I’ll just lurk a bit and send my stuff in a bit @ldub0775

The cars are here, Judging starts now! No flavor text walls here, just impression, analysis, and opinion.

First up,
@Prium
Pretty extreme design front and rear, rear lower cutouts and other parts not do not fit well together. The oversized fender cutouts. I do like the headlight and taillight design, and I like the front grille basic premise.

Result - nice but not a finalist

@Urke101
Overall pretty clean design here. There’s nice lines, good choice of fixtures, good side design. The whole thing is cohesive and easy on the eyes.

Result - moving to the finals

@Lazar
Cohesive, aggressive design. Wild headlights, especially up close. I kept going around this design swooping in and out looking for something I didn’t like, and overall I couldn’t find much to disagree with. Well done!

Result - moving to the finals

@Arn38fr
Simple design, but there are issues. The front fascia looks like a grumpy face, with angry eyebrows under the lights. Once you see it, you can’t unsee it. I didn’t like the effort level overall.

Result - not moving forward

@izak
Interesting design, it feels “off” in several places, though. Front headlights next to huge gaping maw, but none of the lines add up. Rear is not cohesive with the front. Also, the A-pillar seems pushed WAY back so it almost looks like a shooting brake.

Result - not moving forward.

@nate21
Classy, believable, great use of fixtures and custom effort. Minor complaints with the front fascia at the very bottom, maybe it needs a thicker bottom lip by an inch? And tail lights don’t have quite the same impact the front ones do. Overall though, love it!

Result - moving forward to finals

5 Likes

@the-chowi
The front end starts off strong and clean. Sides are somewhat simple though there’s clear effort on the back window to get a unique look compared with the standard morph. But then, we get to the back end. I actually thought my game screwed up and didn’t 2-D place the rear parts right, but then I realized that’s how it is supposed to be. This is quite unfortunate, I do not like anything about that look it produces.

In fact, it deserves a closer pic:

Anyway, this will not be moving forward.

@Riley
I thought I would like this one more, based on the glamor shots presented in the thread. But, upon closer inspection, this presentation is pretty rough. The front lip has its own lip, but it doesn’t go together well. The wheel well openings are oversized for the tires on the car, something I’ve seen be somewhat of a common occurrence in the presentations but I don’t know why. I have no real complaints with the rear section.

@DuceTheTruth100
I quite like the front end; it wears what I would call a “mischievous grin” which can work. Past that I can’t get behind the design elements in play. There’s the “swoop” on the side but it is angled higher in front than the rear, which is weird. I think this would have looked better flipped around, which would have more matched the side rear shaping. I’ll be honest, the rear looks rushed, patched together, and does not fit the characteristics of the the front end.

@crwpitman1
Impressive, believable design, one that looks particularly well put together in the 1/4 front view. To be critical somewhere, I think the door handles are too long and too high on the body, but a LOT of people made that same move for some reason. The sides are a little weird, but not problematic. The rear is quite amazing, though the white LED (which shifts red under braking, indicators on, etc) is a little jarring and probably not road legal. I also like the reflector/vents down low behind the wheels, nice touch.

Result - moving to finals

@bruhmoment
Sharp design, with a unique “faceted” look in several places. The front, particularly the upper headlight/grille area, is a real work of art. The front lower grille area is a bit more typical/recycled (that darn fixture on the corners is so hard to use well, sometimes just make your own to get what you want), but it isn’t horrible. The sides had a hard time, it looks like you fought Automation a lot here. The rear design is charming, and I quite like it.

Result - Moving to finals

As a review, here’s the folks that are moving forward to a final evaluation.
@Urke101
@Lazar
@nate21
@crwpitman1
@bruhmoment

6 Likes

I knew the side would be questionable, I wanted it to slope with the roofline. I respect your thoughts and the review and may the best car win!!

Edit: i had such a hard time with the rear smh lol

Yeah pretty much, I feel like its a case where my intentions may have been too much for the fixture system lol (or I could’ve just used a better combo of fixtures). Glad you like the rest tho