CSC 61 Retro Modern

Where do I send submissions to? Just about finished my car and excited to compete ^-^

12 Likes

As far as I am aware, Nogginham’s proposal for Varchetta is most likely based on the LaFerrari body set, but whatever you chose as the basis for your build, you used copious amounts of body moldings to achieve the cleaner, more minimalist look you were aiming for.

I can see some Monza SP2 here, but still there are elements that resembles the old speedster made by Varchetta a long time ago

It is built on the 2.7m wheelbase Koenigsegg body.

The '94 CCX body has an engine bay that’s still wider than it is long, even in 4.3, but it nevertheless lends itself well to supercar/hypercar designs well into the 2020s.

Also, the quad round taillight design reminds me of the (now sadly non-canon) DMS Imperia from 4.1 that I built on the same body set, but yours are of an unequal size (as seen on the R34 Skyline), which is a nice touch. And its rear spoiler is a ducktail that’s mainly comprised of a single body molding - a common trick, and one that I used for the LVC LS60 and its little brother, the LS40.

My submission for CSC 61 - the Varchetta LMVI-Corsa
figured I’d try out doing a car mag design for the pictures

2 Likes

A RENAISSANCE

H-Corsa Concept by Spander Design

H for Heritage

The Varchetta H-Corsa Concept by Spander Design pays homage to the History of Varchetta and propels it into the future with a design mixing past and present design trends, for a package in line with the rich brand’s History.

Corsa for Sports

The etymological significance of the term “Corsa” denoting “race” in the Italian language indeed serves as a compelling gateway into the rich tapestry of motorsport history. Racing history, meticulously chronicled, emerges as a fascinating amalgamation of technological progress, human endeavor, and competitive zeal. The motorsport realm is equally distinguished by its luminaries, drivers whose audacious exploits have forged indelible narratives throughout the years. Thus, the lexicon of “corsa” transcends linguistics, manifesting as the veritable pulse of an enduring and scholarly examination of racing’s profound dimensions.

Gallery

19 Likes

7 Likes

At first glance, the H-Corsa could be mistaken for a 1:1 Hot Wheels toy, due to its exaggerated proportions. But what body set exactly is it based on? In any case, it’s hidden under so much body molding that it’s hardly recognizable.

It is the Polestar body.

That might explain why it looks like a muscle/pony car - the Polestar body set is a great choice for such designs, esepcially here, with its steeply angled windscreen.

The 2024 Varchetta Florio

Gallery

Statistics

Engine : 3970cc N/A V12 60-Valve
Power : 650 hp @ 9000RPM / 530 Nm @ 7800RPM
Drivetrain : 7-Speed DCT RWD
Weight : 1225 kg ( 47% / 53% )
Body : Carbon everywhere the eye can see

Story

Taking inspiration from a lot of previous company cars, the brand new Florio, named after the prestigious Targa Florio, is quite a looker.
With the main inspiration coming from the Corsa MKII, sprinkled with elements from the LMV-Corsa and using the body structure from the LMV Concept, the Florio looks sleek and ready to race at a moments notice.

23 Likes

1Varchetta 2.0
2024 Varchetta V-CORSA

Details

Engine - 4.4L N/A V12
Transmission- 6spd manual
Specs - 3055 lbs, 640hp @ 9000rpm, 401ft-lb @ 6400rpm

The V-Corsa finally makes it to production after 58 years of waiting. Designed after the original V-Corsa concept while being just as modern.

Built upon a joint venture full aluminum chassis with full carbon composite bodywork

Gallery

Platform shared with 2024 Tio Eagle Urban Gran Touring Concept

Great Lakes Design 2023
24 Likes

Comprehensive Design Evaluation

CSC61 - @azkaalfafa

Review

Here we have this design from azhaalfafa called the 2024 Varchetta V12 Zucchina. The name Zucchina in the words of the creator comes from the word zucchini which does fit with the added color. Ok now for the design

Front design

From what I’m seeing this is a well made design, very consistent design. It looks like it takes the headlight design from the 1969 Varchetta LMV-corsa and flows pretty nicely with the body, it also keeps bumper design from the LMV-corsa and what i see is s bit of the corsa MKII, all thought i dont really like the boxness of the fogs, you have added the fog lights in the same place that those old classic designs did. The lip is small but fills in that modern feel to this since this is a retro modern car.

Rear Design

So you have gone for the long tail style rear end with this long swooping end. From what I see you have gone for the LMV-corsa’s long end which this emplacements pretty well. This new shape with the tails but still keeping the 2 circles is a very nice touch for this design. I’m really liking the whole blacked out diffuser you went for, the way it sticks out is pretty nice, all though none of this is really retro but it isn’t like much of the old design had anything other then lights and body so it works for the modern aspect of this design. The engine cover is pretty simple and nice, no visual access to the engine but you didn’t need to so it’s fine.

Side profile

This car is very round and slopes around, the only thing taken from the retro design is that rear fender vent which all those old cars had and it works. I’m really liking this front fender part, this is all original from your part but flows nicely with the car,

Proportions and Silhouette

Proportion wise this whole car is overall a good shape, front lights and grill don’t feel too small or too large at all and same goes with the rear. Lights are good and the diffuser is a pretty large shape but isn’t bad. One thing I will say is that you have a lot of sharp angle designs but this body is very round and bubly. That isn’t a bad thing but I wish there were more angles in the window shapes and general greenhouse shape.

Color palette

This isn’t gonna really change anything about how i judge your car but the name being Zucchina and the color being green, this is a fitting name for the car but if this wasn’t a concept car then calling the car green isn’t the best thing to call your car

Brand identity and logo,

For how this is designed i feel like this could fit into brand even tho there isn’t a car in the lineup that we have as of right now, the placement of the logs and how it identifies the car works well,

Attention to detail

This car has a lot of details, front grill has a lot of those small details like bumper sensors and bumper camera. The lights and taillights have a lot of work in them and are very detailed. Even though you didn’t need to, this interior is very well built with branding everywhere.

Overall aesthetics

Overall this is a well built car that has time and care put into this. This gets a very epic from me

CSC61 - @kaybee

Review

ight here we have this design coming from kaybee called the 2024 Varchetta LaCorsa. The name LaCorsa meaning the race is a perfect word to describe this car. Ok now for the design

Front Design

From what i’m seeing this front design takes from the Corsa MKII which is were they get the name LaCorsa. Headlights are very thin and angular and it doesn’t really give the retro feeling but its a nice look for this design. This front bumper takes most of the Corsa MKII simple design and flows nice with everything, one thing with this is the added fogs, even tho the Corsa MKII does not have fog lights but it takes them from the rest of the designs that Varchetta has in their 60’s line up. Speaking as the designer of the Corsa MKII, there wasn’t an added fog because of the larger headlights and being this low to the ground it wasn’t effective as just placing them in the headlight housing next to the normal lights, so its understanding the new placement since you went for this thinner headlight.

Rear Design

This rear design is more original then just being a retro design and it still works well. Even tho this whole design takes alot from the Corsa MKII this rear is pretty far from that older design. The taillights keep that same shape from most of the designs, the whole shape of that area is also nice, one thing is those block thingies? Im not sure what they are but they stick out weirdly and doesn’t really do much for me so kinda a negative from my point other then that this top part of the rear is good. The diffuser is pretty nice, i like the larger shape and the smaller diffuser shape that gives of this large feeling to it, the exhaust area is a really nice touch. How the surrounding parts have this metal part surrounding gives this idea that the designer knows this car will be driven hard and wont burn the other parts around it a small but very nice touch. And last thing, the striped vents, the final touch that brings this whole rear design together, this takes again from the Corsa MKII and all tho this has less strips, you did take my word and not just copy the whole design and call it a day, very epic.

Side profile

This whole whole side part is kinda underwhelming compared to the rest of the design. The only things that are here is the 3 vents and that side fender vent thing. The larger rear fender vent is a staple of most of the mid engine Varchetta’s and looks good on this car the other smaller vents are just kinda there, the bottom brake vent doesn’t really have much feeling to it, the front fender vent is nice and flows good with the car but there is already like 2 other vents there so its again just kinda there.

The whole shape of this car is nice a good mix of round and angular the bumpers feel like high compared to how large these wheels are but that isn’t gonna be a problem really so its fine.

Color Palette

This takes the same red color that most of these cars have and is a nice color, i really like the choice of the numbers which is a big nod to those old race car liveries

Brand identity and logo

I really like the placement of those badges, the rear badge being on the metal part of the rear instead of the normal places badges.

Overall aesthetic

Everything fits well and blends well with each other, i wish there was more to the sides but overall its a great car, very epic

CSC61 - @Koviico

Review

Ok we have this design from koviioc, this project is called the 2024 Varchetta Trionfo V-corsa

Front Design

So from what I see you have gone for the V-Corsa Concept with this being a front engine car. The headlights are pretty thin and it flows pretty nicely with the boxy lines. I like the bulky part under the headlights that goes into the fogs like those older cars did. Again the fog lights are in the normal spot that they used to which is a nice call back. Over all this is a very consistent design.

Rear design

Ok first thing when i look at this is dam this rear is very aggressive and i love aggressive designs. Ok first thing the taillights, cool shape but is it a retro design, i mean yea it is retro ina way since it keeps the circles in side but the general shape just feels too modern and less of the retro in it but i will say the if this is intentional the whole shape from both side coming together really does keep that same shape from the V-corsa concept, then this is a really good setup and does have the full retro feel to this. The whole diffuser shape and side vents are a good flow nice with the light shapes.

Side Profile

Very long feeling car with a low greenhouse but since this takes from the V-corsa concept, its a fitting length since both of these are pretty long looking cars. Not much really with the design on the side apart for some body lines

The whole car again is a pretty angular and aggressive look but this works with the body shapes. A good mix with angular and round

Overall aesthetic

Over all this is a well put together car, from front to back this feels like they belong

CSC61 - @Mikonp7

Review

Alright, let’s delve into the creation of Mikonp7, the “2024 Varchetta Corsa,” featuring the LMV-corsa concept.

Front Design

Mikonp7’s 2024 Varchetta Corsa beautifully embraces the LMV-corsa concept with its mid-engine setup. The headlights feature a sleek, elegant profile that seamlessly merges with the car’s boxy lines, creating a visually pleasing and harmonious design. The noticeable element beneath the headlights, extending into the fog lights, is a subtle nod to classic car styling, evoking a sense of nostalgia. The decision to place the fog lights in their traditional location adds a charming touch of vintage design, resulting in a cohesive overall look.

Rear Design

The rear design of the 2024 Varchetta Corsa commands attention with its bold and aggressive aesthetics, sure to captivate enthusiasts. The taillights sport an intriguing shape that, while incorporating modern elements, offers a hint of retro inspiration, especially with the inclusion of circular elements. Although the overall shape leans towards a modern approach, the intentional effort to maintain consistency with the LMV-corsa concept on both sides is commendable, infusing a distinct retro vibe. The integration of the diffuser shape and side vents seamlessly complements the overall design.

Side Profile

The car exudes a sense of elongation with its low greenhouse, aligning perfectly with the LMV-corsa concept. While not featuring numerous distinctive design elements, the introduction of substantial vents, even with varying fender vent locations, enhances the visual appeal of the car. These vents have been thoughtfully designed and contribute to the car’s overall aesthetic, adding character and charm.

The car’s aesthetic profile is characterized by its angular and aggressive elements that harmonize with its overall body shape, resulting in a pleasing blend of angular and round features.

Overall Aesthetic

In summary, Mikonp7’s 2024 Varchetta Corsa is an artful creation, maintaining a consistent and visually appealing style that seamlessly extends from the front to the rear, while remaining faithful to the LMV-corsa concept.

CSC61 - the-chowi

Review

Ok we have this design from the chowi called the 2024 Varchetta Fiorella 743. The name Fiorella comes from a little flower and this def is a little car so this is a fitting name. Ok now to the design

Front Design

This stays really truthful to the original Varchetta designs and really feels pretty retro. From what i see this takes from the 360 V-Corsa with the open top from the old lemans prototypes. Front headlights being pointy and the whole shape is pretty dam nice. The whole simple grill with the fogs being at the ends is perfect for being a great shape, one thing i will say is that the whole thing of the fogs it that the bulge and pushed out the fogs but with this being flat isnt a bad thing, you have taken the retro and and given it that modern feel and it works well.

Rear Design

The whole rear is very simple which is pretty much just like the original design as well being pretty dam simple. The taillights are either a hit or miss for me. The single line is an odd choice and isnt really much retro from the inspiration but again the original doesnt have much to really give or the design comes from the line between the original tail lights and that would be a pretty smart idea for this. Diffuser shape is pretty simple and nice and the 4 exhaust is a nice touch being in the same location.

Side profile

From the side i really like you kept the open front fender and flows really nicely with the top body lines, one thing that i wish that you did was kept the side exhaust that went from the engine cuts through the front fender cuts around the side, goes around the rear wheel and goes back into the rear end. Over all this is a cool profile and i do like that instead of having a small window you went for the complete open top.

The whole car is overall very sharp and doesnt have much round parts and thats totally fine even tho the inspiration is a pretty round car, this sharp look really fits into this modern look for this and is a pretty cool shapes.

Overall aesthetic

Over all this is a good design, very consistent shapes and design, i normally fine open tops weird looking but this has made me rethink that, very solid design. Very epic

CSC 61 - @MCF

Review

Ok we have this design from MCF, this build is called the 2024 Varchetta 412 Tributo.

Front Design

Alight starting with this front i see this has really gone into the modern design with the touch of retro, headlights feel proportioned pretty well but i feel like they could be larger. This front grill is quite nice and i like how instead of doing the circle fogs you made them into the lines of the grill, very creative look into the design.

Rear Design

From the very sharp front end this rear end is very round which isnt a bad thing just that it doesnt really match up with the rest of the car but does match up with the retro part of this design so ill give it that. The whole idea of the half circle tailights and the diffuser is very good but just isnt executed very well imo, its good shapes and shit just that it look like a proof of concept instead of actually being a fully made design.

Side Profile

From the base body there isnt really much done to the side, there is a carbon side vent and thats really it so thats all.

Over all this has some goods and bads but most of it is good, shapes are nice and the over all shape of the body matches with the design so thats good

Overall aesthetic

Over all this is a cool car, not exactly screaming retro in this design but i can see where it takes from and how this could evolve better

CSC61 - @VaporRossa

Review

Ok here we havethis design from VaporRossa, this build is called the 2024 Varchetta Aerotail and this sure is an aerotail, ok now the design

Front Design

This front design is very very retro with its shape, the headlights all tho isnt exactly the same shape but still holds that round shape while being shaped in mind of the body lines, this grill is a nice a simple shape and the added circle fogs are a great nod to the older designs.

Rear Design

This is a very round looking rear, these taillights are not at all in the shapes of the older designs but it works well with how this rear is shaped. Diffuser flows nicely into the tails and is over all a great design.

Side Profile

Holy shit yes yes yes yes, you are the only person to actually take the large side exhaust from the 350 V-Corsa, this is very epic, the whole other shapes are nice and flows good

This is a very bubbly round design with not much sharp ends and overall its a great shape, and all the designs are quite a large and good design.

Overall aesthetic

Over all this is a really good design that take that old design and really make a great retro feel with a modern car, very epic

CSC61 - @Arianne777

Review

Ok here we have this design from Arianne777, this build is called the 2024 Varchetta LMVI-Corsa

Front Design

Ok so this is very well a modern car but retro is far from it, sure it has that small fog in the grill which i will give it, but other then that there isnt really much i can say about the retro part of this retro modern car.

Rear Design

Um im not really sure whats going on here but this isnt really 1 a retro design and 2 a good design, this rear is all over the place and the whole thing thats retro is the tails and just that alone doesn’t make it retro so yea.

Side Profile

There is actually just 1 fixture on this side and there is nothing to really talk about from your design that isnt just straight from the body. And also dam these wheel are massive

Everything on this is just large and im not really enjoying these proportions with it all being super large.

Overall aesthetic

Over all this isnt even retro so i cant really say much about this

CSC61 - @Tsundere-kun

Review

Today, we’ve got this awesome design by Tsundere-kun, and it’s called the “2024 Varchetta 312 Corsa.” So, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of this cool design.

Front Design

Alright, this front end is kinda square when you look straight at it, and I’ve gotta say, that angular look is pretty neat. The headlights are on the smaller side, and while some folks might want 'em bigger, they kinda fit the vibe, you know? Now, that grille is doing some interesting stuff, and I’m really digging the fog lights integrated into it. Plus, that side vent? A nice little touch to the overall style.

Rear Design

The rear is rocking this blacked-out style, and it’s pretty darn cool. The taillights have this faded look that’s unique, and the shapes are doing their thing. I’m into the open vent that curves into the diffuser, even though that diffuser is kinda chunky. But hey, remember, this is a concept, so there’s room to smooth things out if this design gets the green light.

Side Profile

The side is a bit of a mixed bag, to be honest. That door shape, especially from the front, is pretty cool, but some smoother curves would be even better. Now, that brake vent down low, it looks a bit slapped on, and there’s potential for it to blend in better. The reshaped rear fender vent following the door, though? That’s a pretty epic touch.

Overall, the proportions and general silhouette are working out well. There are areas where things could be smoothed out or enlarged, but it’s a good start.

Overall Aesthetic

To wrap it up, the 2024 Varchetta 312 Corsa is a really cool car designWith a bit of fine-tuning, it could easily find a place in the lineup for future projects.

CSC61 - @Maxbombe

Review

Ok we have this amazing design from Maxbombe, this beautiful design is named 2024 Varcehtta H-Corsa Concept.

Front Design

This front end is pretty good looking, this whole grill setup and lights are done pretty well. I’m really liking how you made the grill a little wider and still have space for the circle fogs that have stayed with the design. Headlights arent very retro but sure does bring the modern part out of this design and is a good mash of the 2. I feel like this design could have been done without splitter but over all this is a great front end design

Rear Design

I’m really loving the swooping lines you got going on here, this feels very much like the LMV-Corsa with how they push out. I’m really liking how you made this whole rear end blacked out, it really matches the open grill look that the older car had. The overall shape of the taillights are simple and done well, you didn’t need to reinvent the wheel and simple was the way to go with this design. I like how the diffuser is also simple since the older car had well a lack of one, this overall is a good recreation of it

Side profile

Im really loving the shape of this side profile, this really shows the hips of this car. All tho the fender vents aren’t in the same location it sure does follow the lines of the body really well. Im also really loving the shoulders you have give this, the molding is really well done and gives it an extra flare to its design, very epic.

The over all car feels pretty good, i do think it looks very very wide but thats just because the roof line is very low compared to most cars.

Overall Aesthetic

Overall this is a very great design that works well with the modern aspects and retro aspects. Very epic

CSC61 - @ScintillaBeam

Review

We have this design from ScintillaBeam, this design is called the 2024 Varchetta Monza

Front design

This front end is pretty simple, front headlights i feel is a little weirdly shaped but isn’t horrible. The whole grill shape is pretty nice and the added fog isn’t bad, i will say this whole front end is kinda bumpy and lumpy but yea.

Rear Design

This whole rear end is pretty blocky and doesn’t really match up the other parts of the car. Not really much from a design look, again its just blocky and flat.

Side Profile

The overall shape is pretty well shaped and the side vent is bumpy but the idea of the shape is nice

The over all shape is good and feels like it was designed with each other apart from the rear end

Overall aesthetic

Over all this is an good car, rear end needs to have a remake but overall is not a bad car

CSC61 - @OT_motive

Review

Ok here we have this design from OT Motive, this design is called the 2024 Varchetta V-Corsa 4.4

Front Design

Starting with these round but pointy headlights, i’m really liking this shape you have gone for for the housing and the shape of the lens being round, very cool. The grill shape is very nice and round with matching fogs sitting at the edges. Splitter at the bottom does the opposite and reverses the shape of the grill, but it kinda oddly stops before the end of the bumper. Very cool touch with the exposed hood even tho it isnt very italian for its open like that but its a cool look.

Rear Design

She has a very simple rear end. The whole taillights area shape is a very clean and consistent shape, and I like how you changed the 2 circle tail lights into the 2 lined tail lights. The whole bottom part of this design feel very consistent and brings in the whole modern part of this retro modern design

Side profile

A very simple shape and flows around good with the whole design, one thing i will say is that this car is very bulky looking on the side

The overall car feels very large but it matches up with the designs of the older cars very well.

Overall aesthetic

Over all this is a very nice build all around, you have not neglected the sides and all around feels like it has been looked after on all sides, very epic

CSC61 - @Riley

Review

Here we have this design from Riley, this build is called the 2024 Varchetta Patrimonio, now onto the design

Front Design

From this front end i can see you have gone for the Corsa MKII styled car, even tho you went for the MKII style these headlights are a very thin and sharp shape. I really like how it flows around the shapes of the body. I really like the shape of the grill and how it even keeps the spit in the grill but it colored from the body so it has its own level of originality and god dam the line in the bumper, i can see how you have taken the canards and added them into the body lines and dam this is a great addition.

Rear Design

This is a very striking look from how the Corsa MKII, the corsa has these stripes along the sides. I do like lip above and these tailights are very simple but well done. Diffuser is a good shape and i love that you kept the same exhaust location and angle. (as im the original designer, the engine and suspension was in the way of the exhaust if i kept them ina normal position)

Side Profile

The lines from the rear continue to this part and im not exactly sure about this, its a really cool idea but being half the side being black and the other part being the normal color. The fender vent is a nice shape and follows the lines of the stripes.

The whole car is pretty consistent and matches up with the whole design. I really like the top part and open part that shows the engine.

Overall aesthetic

Over all this is a well put together car and i can see this being in the lineup of the company. Very epic car

CSC 61 - @iivansmith

Review

Ok now this is the final car which is coming from iivanSmith, this car is called the 2024 Varchetta Florio. Ok now on to the design

Front Design

Ok i see you have a sharp look. Ok these headlights being square really matches with the both modern aspect and retro parts. I like how you shaped this grill and the addition of the 2 fogs integrated into the grill above it all. This large splitter is very nice and the side parts are cool. Also idk if this intentional but the lines in the splitter really match the MKII’s vents all around.

Rear Design

This is a very striking design compared to the rest of the cars and wow this is a unique one. This whole round shape that follows into the top of the rear and cuts above the lip is a very cool look and how its round was a very smart idea, who ever thought of making this round is a damn smart dude. Anyways the insides of the taillights are very simple but smart. I like how you integrated the striped vents from the MKII into the lines of the taillights and the overall shape of them. I really like how the diffuser shape is, the whole simple look works well for the design. One thing I will say is that the bottom parts of the car, from the front to sides, have this boxy line that goes around but the rear doesn’t have it and it’s kinda random that it doesn’t.

Side Profile

I really like the lines that flow from the side, and the fender vent works well with how round this body is compared to the sharp angles.

Over all this car is very consistent and is nice, i will say that the splitter and skirts do make this car boxy which isnt a bad thing but it clashes with some of the design choices

Overall aesthetic

Overall this is a very good looking car and i can see this in the lineup of the company, very epic

jesus christ im never writing this much ever again

oh yea and ill give you the list of the winners and shit, i normal would do a final bit saying what i like about it but i aint typing anymore stuff

22 Likes
And the goden cock this year goes to...

download

@Bebo as the monumental f’ing imbecil who has somehow forgot to send you the car.
Let’s give him a big round of applause :clap: :clap: :clinking_glasses: :wine_glass:

download (1)

5 Likes

i already know my rear of the car is shit

Fair interpretation, do try to iron out the more major flaws of your submission next time though unless you’re more of a “here for the ride” type of participant.

4 Likes
14 Likes

oh and for the top 5 for a peace of mind for yall, it was very dam hard to pic between the 5. so if i could i would just do a 5 way tie

5 Likes