CSC63 - Function Over Form [COMPLETE!]

The post has been reworked.
If it’s good to go, I will re-open the challenge.

1 Like

is the singular intentional here?
also, what is the reasoning behind the 1980 year and 2.6m wheelbase limits?

1 Like

The singular is intentional, yes. You can have more of course.

The reasoning of the 2.6m wheelbase is to see what you can fit on it compactly, really. And the 80s was just a quick choice we made which felt right for BetterDeals, due to their boxy looks.

The challenge is open again!

One small criticism I have is that the restaurant part is mentioned in a weird way currently (in the middle part of the post and only briefly), you should maybe emphasize it more or earlier in the post, since it dictates pretty much all of the design process

1 Like

Will add.

Is there a limit on power (or lack thereof)?

2 Likes

If you meant to ask me, no.

1 Like

BETTERDEALS MEALS ON WHEELS

Oh no! I have eight very important people who booked a reservation, but their meeting got rescheduled! They won’t be able to eat a succulent Chinese meal at my restaurant then travel to the meeting and get there in time! If only there was a better deal!

Introducing Meals On Wheels: A mobile restaurant with a plush, luxury interior for 8 passengers!

(Note: Interior for staff is not luxury)

Worried about luggage? The Meals On Wheels has two cargo compartments on either side! Large enough for several suitcases or a human body!

Meals On Wheels: Why come to the restaurant when the restaurant can come to you!

11 Likes

Presenting the C U B E. This sheer monstrosity was designed originally for transport within large industrial facilities, but this particular example has been outfitted with a 6-burner stove, that enables on-site food preparation. With a BHI-sourced 350cc, 15hp I3 engine, it’s certainly not meant for highway use, but is perfectly fine for the city. It ‘comfortably’ seats four, and the singular rear seat can be folded away to provide access to the stove at the back, and it lacks side windows, so customers do not even have to see the peasant preparing their food.

2 Likes

Thought it would be a good idea to show the discord entries so far, maybe it’ll spark some inspiration?

8 Likes

DELIVERYCOPTER!

Tired of your delivery drivers always running late?
Hate the number of speeding fines your company cars attract?
Wondering how you can deliver fast-food even faster?

Now, there’s a solution to all your problems!

Introducing the “BD-Deliverycopter”!

Featuring such features as the following features:

* not an approved flotation device

** not available in all countries/jurisdictions.

*** pizza-chutes sold separately.

**** -/+ 2m margin of error.

***** service and repair costs are independent of any claims of complexity or lack thereof.

12 Likes

I was going to send a funny reaction image but i’m so incredibly confused that I couldn’t find one.

3 Likes

funny failed

1 Like

When the deal is better:

This thing is emission-free and is a sustainable alternative to the delivery vans of today :zap: :bus: and will get you from point :a: to point :b: . Also I am held against my will to make this monstrosity :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Ever wanted to own a boat but you have a restaurant?

RESTAURANT IS THE BOAT!!1!!!1

“Did this mf just build a mf boat!?!??!?!” I hear you ask in a French accent.
-Yes, yes I did

“What did it cost”
-Everything

“Was it worth it”
-No

“Why did you do it?”
-It has a fokken vee aight

“Cool”
-Cool

anyway it has 10 wheels as you can clearly see from the pictures and kitchen underwater as you clearly can’t see from the pictures

7 Likes

It does indeed technically have 10 wheels.

1 Like

This, is the BetterDeals jupiter (no i didnt accidentally lowercase it). This little aerodynamic box on wheels will (somehow) get your food to the customer, on time! Although it may not seem to be the roomiest car out there, but the only seats are the 2 in the front; one for the driver (obviously), and the overaffectionate mother taking pictures of her child…

Designed by Tungsten New York, Innovation at its Finest

**not responsible for any injuries or casualties relating with handling

(dm twistedumbreon#0 on discord for more pics)

1 Like

Wow, that sure is a way to enter the forums. If you can’t upload files you can send it on Discord.

where on discord, exactly? just asking to make everything clear…

1 Like