CSC64 - Space Age Futurism [FIN]

In other words, actual price (in $ AMU) is meaningless - it’s the exterior design that counts.

1958 is as liberal as you get in the US regulations wise. It is the first year twin headlights was allowed and they could still be behind cover glass (but could only be round). Parking lights could be combined with turn signals and could still be white. Side markers not required. Rear indicators could be red and combined with turn signals and brake lights.

1 Like

Ah! good to know :slight_smile:

I’ll update with this info

I’m assuming no real issues so far?

I’ll leave for rules deliberation a little more before opening for submissions.

Say… Monday 18th 1200 UMT/GMT

Other than I dislike engineering brought into CSC, it seems the ruleset is good. Perhaps something like “must fix x size of engine” for the Vidar brands own engine to be put into the car?

2 Likes

Ooh, a situation where my knowledge of headlamp legislation is useful!

See, 1958 in particular is a special year for U.S. automotive design.

Since 1941, cars designed and sold Stateside were limited to one simple, effective pair of 7" circular lamps… but in 1958? Something new was afoot — now you can have not one, but TWO pairs of (5.75") circular lamps!

Reverse indicators/lamps were not yet required in 1958, but could be had as an additional safety option. (Only required in 1966)

Indicators/turn signals are definitely required by now, but amber is not a required color. In fact, front facing indicators can be white or amber, and rear ones may be red or amber, and can share the housing and/or bulb with the brakelight.

Hide-away headlamps are an option! But those aren’t very common except maybe in concept cars as of '58. Still legal, though. Covering the lamps with a fixed but clear pane was legal until 1968.

Here’s some old but still good references to look at. Perusing the relevant Wikipedia page isn’t a bad idea, either.

And of course, while it may not be specifically headlamp related…

Don’t forget the chrome!

3 Likes

looks like I was lucky with my random choice of 1958 :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll update with some more guidance on headlamps + engine sizing

Challenge open! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t seem to be able to download the engine, what size is the engine?

If I remember correctly, it’s a 6600cc 90 degree V8 with direct OHC. I forgot the specifics like intake and exhaust for the exact size, but the block details should be enough to roughly recreate it

Oh thats weird - ok I’ll update the original post :slight_smile:

If you download the engine, right-click it and ‘copy’, then go into the engine design tab, there is a button to paste from clipboard.

The Vidar Meteor is for those who have seen the future and fallen in love. The car’s attitude is pure jet-age, merging high tech with sweeping elegance. Take a good look, because the next time you see one, it’ll be hard to catch up!

9 Likes

22 Likes

Zephorus Racing Design

Vidar Corsair

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Actual model may change in final submission.
16 Likes

Paint it black and you have a proper batmobile

These look wild! Definitely going to have a crack at this

You still have 10 more days until closing :slight_smile:

my car with stock height is super super tall but when -8 in the suspension is the normal height i want. is that fine? thats the only advanced thing i added

As long as in the suspension stats are as low as you can already yeah okay - the massive ride heights are one of the things that annoys me too when building :stuck_out_tongue: