CSCS 2: Notruf 110, Season 7 (2000)

Beam shots are mostly about knowing a few basic camera tricks for it:

• Reduce Field of View significantly to avoid fisheye.
  • Under Depth of Field, increase aperture a bit. Then set your focus distance such that the furthest back important thing (for me, where the car ends) is just barely in focus.
  • Adjust your time of day so that shadows don’t disrupt the action, or for mood lighting.
  • When taking the actual photos, framerate doesn’t matter, so I pause the game and bump up graphics. While posing I play on lower settings.

It’s also helpful to disable taillights so they can’t bug out in night shots.

2 Likes

In theory, the HDRI photodomes (finicky as they are), with some custom images, and Beam at least gives you some more creative freedom.
I’m assuming exporting to an older game version won’t work?

Anyway, Let’s take the cars again

The deadline extension means all of them now have some sort of passable interior.
In order of ascending performance/price/madness:

For Uwe & Udo - Etoile Levoie 240 Gendarmerie (upper right)

A large, great value french sedan. It’s a firmly 90s design, which the “classic” 4-eyes facelift cannot quite hide. As a government fleet bid vehicle, equipment is not ostentatious Still, with it’s 2,4 liter inline 4 and 4-speed auto it’s well suited for sane, everyday police work.

For Lars - Toyhatsu Tony 24AP (continuing counter-clockwise)

In the late 90s Toyhatsu pushed hard to soften their image as “boring pensioner’s cars” by way of more adventurous, rounded designs. Traditional values of reliability, comfort and low cost of ownership remained. This top spec trim, with it’s 2,4 liter inline 4, 4-speed auto, and part leather interior might even tempt younger buyers looking for a competent tool.

For Frank - Fowler Buckshot 360P

American pony sized sedan to compete with the german trio, with bullet-proof reliability as it’s party trick. The medium-block 360cid V8 is tuned for accessible, wide-ranged power and “acceptable” fuel economy.

For Sarah - Viverna Serigala CNI Seicolpi

A fiery italian compact sedan with a 300 hp V6 screaming all the way to 8000 rpm. While the interior may be tight as a dress, it’s well mannered and well equipped. It’s not the cheapest car, but at least fuel economy is decent.

For Bernd - Swanson 537 SPNX

The Swanson turbo madness lives on, now with at least 50% more “pull over - or else!” energy. It’s a large, safe sedan, but with beefy tires and AWD, not afraid to throw it’s weight around.

2 Likes

Yeah, photomode now just crashes to desktop every time I try, no matter what car etc :frowning:

Have you tried Settings>Misc>Open photoscene with Default settings>Enabled?

Now that the update flood seems done, I am optimistic that running challenges will be less confusive now.
I had to extend the HTM deadline for one last time, and at the same time, some potential entrants did not have the time yet to enter here. To adapt to both, I extend the deadline by almost two days. Yep, its then in the christmas days, but… I guess you finally want to have this started.

New deadline is December 25, 17:00 GMT.

Another question: Since Ellisbury is public now with the crashing photoscenes - has anyone an idea how I can get two different Automation installations at once (one being LCV 4.2 with working scenes) without corrupting my data?

2 Likes

Alright, here goes nothing:

2000 Mara Asteri 2.0 SSE Evo (for Lars)

The Asteri’s second Sedan Sport Extra touring car homologation special and only canon Asteri trim to go faster than 220 kph anyway

2000 Mara Kavaler 4.0 SF (for Udo/Uwe)

The Fleet spec Kavaler Sedan is probably one of the cheapest ways to get V8 sounds (and/or some more car-related comic relief) into the show…

2000 Mara Kavaler 4.6 SKE (for Bernd)

AMM-tuned engine and Komfort Extra trim, the sleeper combination. Can probably easily repurposed for the car of some low to mid range Archanan mafioso

Yeah unfortunately still crashes :frowning:

Weird - its only London and Overpass that are no longer working for all others…
But this won´t affect you here, since you already posted an ad, so it´s fine for now.

EDIT: You got two days more time since HTM has been extended with a fifth race. Why? Nobody will sit on Automation today and propably tomorrow, too, so its now Dec 27, 17:00 GMT.

@Knugcab
@Riley
@abg7
@DrDoomD1scord
@conan
@shibusu

might be of interest for you.

5 Likes

Notruf 110 S7 Vehicle Proposal

Submitted by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry

For Kriminalhauptkommissar Frank Batimus

Yamazaki Premio 2.0 SR

The embodiment of Japanese sophistication, the Premio is equipped with a 2.0l engine that produces an unrivalled-for-its-displacement 180hp, thanks to the use of the latest and most advanced valvetrain technology and other forms of pure engineering wizardry. While great on the vast, open stretches of the Hetvesian autobahn, the Premio also excels in urban situations where precision driving and handling could make the difference between life and death.

For Kriminaloberrat Bernd Schneider

Hinode Lucent

The pinnacle of luxury in its class, the Lucent provides a supreme blend of performance and prestige. With its silky-smooth 4.0l V8 engine producing 280hp, the Lucent will effortlessly cruise the Hetvesian autobahn and assist in any duties assigned to it by a veteran highway cop.

© 2000 Ministry of International Trade and Industry. Sponsored by Hinode Motor Corporation and Yamazaki Motor Co., Ltd.
Buy Japanese or else.

6 Likes

FOR FRANK:

IP Surzum 2500 GLT-4

FOR SARAH:

IP Celestia Coupé 2500 GTT-4

FOR LARS:

IP Sterna 2500 GTX
(Note, OOC/OT: Canonically “Sterna” will replace the IP Commuter name, that I never liked, in case it didn’t sound familiar to you.)

FOR BERND:

IP Royal Vagant 2500 GLT

FOR UWE AND UDO:

IP Lily 2000 GS

5 Likes

For Bernd Schneider:
2000 Saberin Atarin

And something else:

4 Likes

CLOSED

As everyone knows by now, photoscenes are not really helpful anymore to tell good stories with the two most important levels now no longer functioning.

I have tried Beam and it even worked well, BUT: The Update to “stable” ruined glass transparency. However, the devs have more or less announced on discord that this will be fixed in January.

Well, shit happens, and since this is more likely to be fixed in time (unlike the photoscenes) I will wait a bit with the episodes and - as in CSCS1 - will use the time for profound reviews of all cars and picking a bunch that could be the winner. Seems to have worked well last time.

ONCE AGAIN: THERE ARE NO LOSERS. ALL CARS WILL BE FEATURED. But only some can get the more prominent roles, sadly.

@azkaalfafa I have material issues with your cars. No need to panic as I will just ignore it for the first judging since it doesnt bother me. I couldnt get the window materials fixed, otherwise I would have done it myself. Also strange yellow thing at the wheels. Please correct this for the episodes - would look bad otherwise.

3 Likes

Do the yellow things on the wheels appear on all of my cars? I don’t recall putting anything there…

I dont know, just made a brief check when collecting the entries if they load properly to adress issues as fast as possible.
For this year, its only the reviews, the episode part will be throughout january.

I expect it’s missing badges as a mod or something and hence appears as a yellow “circle”.

Actually, I installed all mods the game told me as missing. Might be also a custom material, had that in your cars too but it was fixable. With the Windows Here, I cant sadly

The thing is that materials are not included in the mod check. Best way is just to download all of the mods that might have materials. The canvas studio photoscene should also have a few PBR paint materials included with it.

Berlau, December 1999

Mechanic Mike, Stuntman Johannes Hermann and actor Phillip Stein (Frank Batimus) meet in a garage in an industrial area.

MM: Hey Phillip, seems Frank is as popular as ever, you got a lot of cars to check out, and the manufactors are willing to see their cars driven by you on screen.

PS: What an honor! I really liked the Primus but I can see that the producers want some variety. Mike, can you drive them outside and give me an update what we have here?

JH: I have already driven them all, together with Mike, we can tell you quite a lot about them, but your opinion counts the most, as usual.

Mike lined up the vehicles one by one, starting with a white one.

JH: The first one is a Kiyume Fujin by @machalel . I was a bit disappointed about brake balance, and Mike told me he heard some valve float when doing the test maneuvers. Chassis stiffnes also isn´t great, resulting in poor crash test results. Bended cars look great on screen, but I would provide my crew a safer one. Handling is mediocre.

PS: Yep, looks don´t excite me although there are worse cars. Just looks too youthful for a chief inspector. In addition, now that I sit in it, it isnt that comfortable. Next please.

Sadly, the Kiyume is out.

MM: Hey, what about a Yamazaki Premio by @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T ? A very convenient handling despite similar agility to the Kiyume. It´s quite alright to service, and it has no major flaw considering reliability. Lean on gas, too. Not the most comfortable, its on the one hand a sport suspension installed, and it doesnt have that fancy trim level. The SR should be affordable fun in a sedan. Sadly, it´s not slow by any means but a league below the others. Still fast enough to get most baddies, but not a rocket.

PS: Looks are cliché Ariyan, but I must admit its sharp and clean. I like it. A premium interior would have been desirable for me, but on the other hand, it`s below 20k and the relatively modest upkeep is very realistic for a car bought by the state.

The Yamazaki might become Franks car.

PS: THIS looks muscular. Damn, it announces its class, but doesnt exaggerate by doing this. That one has style. Plus, the vibrant purple reminds me of the Swanson I had in season 3? Is that also one? I see some parallels.

JH: No, this is a Fowler Buckshot by @ludvig. It´s quite rare here in Hetvesia. Pure Gasmean power, very early redline, but pulls like a bull. It is one of the more premium comfort muscle sedans, however, not as comfortable as I had expected, but for a Gasmean, excellent reliability. Not that much more comfort than the modest Yamazaki, but the V8 has of course thirst. A daring choice, but it could work.

The Fowler might become Franks car.

JH: This one, a Brampton Tagore Sport by @conan is more nimble than the Fowler and Yamazaki, even more comfortable and still not unreliable. Safety is on Fowler level, so you can crash it without any fear. This is a very capable car in my opinion.

MM: It´s expensive. Both in purchase and upkeep. But I have to agree that it is a good car. What´s your opinion, Phillip?

PS: While I like the front, the rear design just isnt for me, sadly. If I had to choose between the Yamazaki and this, it would be a tough descision, but I would take the Yamazaki. How much is this here more expensive?

MM: A painful $10k. So that´s out then?

The Brampton is sadly not further considered. For this price, with a design quality like the Yamazaki, it would have made it, but it doesn´t look like a car of the 30.000 Hetvesische Mark league. It is even more expensive than the Fowler that gives some exclusive luxury vibes.

PS: Oh, the IP Surzum by @knugcab is a wagon! Never had this before. While I generally like the styling, it lacks emotion. I mean, the Yamazaki also is a very modest design, which is typical for average cars from Ariya, but carries more identity than this.

MM: Same price as the Fowler. Drives well and is rather reliable. Comfort is also great, much better than the Fowler. But it´s not as sturdy and stylish. Servicing all this advanced engineering is a nightmare too. I hate to say this because it means being harsh to a good car, but when Phillip said that the design isn´t exciting, I knew it was the Fowler then for this price. Although I want to see this car in another prominent role in the series, because we rarely featured wagons and it is a good car!

Despite it´s high quality, the IP won´t be considered as Franks car, but is granted a prominent episode starring

JH: Now a two-door, another welcomened exception from sedans. Finally a domestic Hetvesian mobile, an Eroberung UR270 by @azkaalfafa. It´s absurdly cheap for how much fun it is! Excellent handling, but the reliability suffers a bit. But again, this is 2800 more than a Yamazaki, but drives circles around it.

PS: Typical Hetvesian design, modest but muscular, nowhere as expressive as the fowler, more serious than the IP or Brampton. But this causes me severe back pain. It´s rock hard and for the price and this performance, the interior trim isn´t to great, another misery of domestic cars. But this car will get anyone in a chase. I wonder if another car makes it, if we can use these impound lot storyline again to get it to me for an episode undercover?

The Eroberung might become Franks car.

5 Likes

Mechanic Mike and Johannes Hermann now welcome Dieter Schnur and Ulrich Bathge, representing Uwe Holtmann and Udo Kaportke in Notruf 110.

MM: Here you have them lined up, The first one is already terrible, it looks like a Multipla. The rear is ok, btw. I guess cars from that area… might be weird in general. Besides that it´s easy to drive, decently comfortable and very safe, also the car seems reliable.

UB: It´s fine then. I have back problems.

JH: So if you want comfort, the IP is equal, and its a bit more nimble. Cheaper but less safety, otherwise comparable.

UB: Looks boring, but I guess, patrol cars have to? I wont complain about this either…

MM: You can´t just accept all cars… This one is a Mara. A bit harder to drive, but bulletproof. Thirsty, sadly.

UB: A Mara? Daring choice for a Hetvesian state owned car. The seats are ok for my back. Would drive this?

JH: You are driving me crazy. Don´t tell me you would also drive a van? With unreliable gearbox (although the rest is fine), crazy overdrive gearing and absurd service expenses for a twin cam engine?

DS: Well, Ulrichs back would hate it. But a van was also a common vehicle in “The Bill” for the uniformed.

MM: Here are my notes on the engineering, as Johannes told a bit. While the looks are ok for that type of vehicle, that weird gearbox and brake balance as well as the rock hard suspension are not that good.

UB: True. Nah, that´s not for me.

Hard to pick a winner. The producers will use all the vehicles in a carpool for the episodes, since that is how police works - you grab what you get if you need to get somewhere. Except for the van, but Johannes Hermann already has another use case for it. After the plot armor of the marked Primus Merit is dropped, it will make room for these three vehicles.

@Ludvig
@Knugcab
@AndiD
@machalel

Thanks for the cars, I will make sure to blow them up in style.

7 Likes

Actor Franz Werner (Bernd Schneider) arrives at the warehouse.

Oh, that´s my league. Some fancy machines. Even six of them, I didn´t know I am that popular. The car manufactors seem to have understood who is the real hero of the show, nice! What have we got here exactly?

MM: Well, in fact, we have seven. There is also one from IP, but they made the police green an awful puke green, and they forgot the lightbar. While we fixed it in time for the lower rank police car, I wasn´t able to get that done in time for the Royal Vagant by @Knugcab . Let´s start with this Hinode Lucent by @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T . Good handling, superb comfort, but it´s a civillian car equipped with a CB radio. Reliability isn´t the greatest, despite being from Ariya. Also rather thirsty.

FW: Well, Schneider p r e f e r s cars with livery, a real Kriminaloberrat wouldnt even wear an uniform, thats just a weird spleen from his elite soldier times. This car looks perfect. Absolutely perfect.

The Hinode Lucent might become Bernd Schneiders car.

FW: That´s a very nice and accurate livery. The car isnt very nice to sit in, its quite hard. And it looks very nice but a bit… defensive for Bernd Schneider. Eroberung UL300 by @azkaalfafa ?

JH: Yes, it´s not comfortable, but returns great agility. A bit harder to drive as well. Mediocre reliability. Lowest safety but still alright, as I expect in this price range. It´s not bad but there are better options here. But it looks quite realistic and is domestic, which means we will integrate it into the show.

The Eroberung UL300 will be integrated into the carpool of police vehicles.

FW: Uuuuuarrrgh, what is THIS? Looks awful! A failed attempt at retro design? It has some interessing details, I must admit that, but it´s totally out of place for something sold in 2000.

MM: Its an AG Tigresse by @machalel . True, especially the front is far off taste, BUT: Besides low reliability and dull handling, which sadly pushes it out here, it is almost as comfortable as the Hinode cushion and offers latest safety features, and low consumption as another small benefit. This car is better than it looks, but in this tough competition, not good enough.

The AG Tigresse could be an interessing villain car. It is fast enough to keep a patrol car busy and I must admit it´s quite a daring move to go retro-styling in that extreme way.

MM: Speaking of daring choices made by manufactors, this Saberin Motori luxobarge has a rear engine. Absolutely wild. Not even a Cavaliere Nobile is that unique, and that´s also some Frunian stuff. Despite the weird engine placement, it handles safe and predictable. Saberin invested quite some brain cells to make it behave like a car of this league should. Other than that, it´s quite comfortable but could be a bit more reliable, its ok for a Frunian machine after all.

FW: It´s an excellent design. It incorporates power and smoothness and some individualist touches. I like it!

The Saberin Atarin by @shibusu might become Bernd Schneiders car.

JH: Your character always drove a Swanson except for the last season where Primus sponsored us a Cognoscenti. Which was rather odd with it´s 3.2 V6 compared to the power of the new Swanson 537 by @Ludvig .This machine is, like the 437 from seasons 3 to 5, an absolute beast. Built like a tank and faster around a track than most serious sports cars despite its weight.

FW: THIS is what I imagine being a perfect pimphand for Captain Schneider. It´s not that comfortable, especially when you see what a Hinode offers. There are much chaper cars that are nicer to ride in, but they look like toy cars in terms of performance compared to this hammer. Muscular coolness, that´s what an elder elite soldier wants.

The Swanson 537 might become Bernd Schneiders car.

FW: eeeeh, from one extreme to another, I guess. A M A R A? Really, a MARA? Well, for a Mara, the level of modern comfort is surely impressive. Handling isn´t great but surely surprisingly good for what it is. And I guess, the benefit of owning one is having a car even more reliable than a Swanson?

MM: You bet. Absolutely bulletproof. Thirsty, not really nimble, but dirt cheap and indestructible. But I guess it´s not really going well with Schneiders attitude of showing off who he is. Too modest.

The Mara makes a perfect villain car, as it will keep up a material-killing chase longer than most other cars. Since that chase will go on for some time, the good comfort pleases the stuntcrew.

FW: And the IP? The Royal Vagant from season 3 was quite nice.

MM: My crew just finished the work, here it is. As to expect from an IP, it has no weakness. Everything is solid. But it´s also nowhere excelling.

FW: YAWN! Thats really a downgrade compared to earlier designs. But at least the brand still offers what the badge stands for. Solid build quality, nice comfort, no zippy handling, but also doesnt feel like having a flat tire.

The IP Royal Vagant is a convincing car serving well in the police fleet. Some higher rank uniformed episode character could do well with it.

7 Likes