CSR 103 - Oh the Places You'll Go

As I thought my car got binned. Fake Nissan Rouge - I am just bad at designing but as it turns out I am bad in engeenering departmant too.

Dude, my car has solid axles like a land rover defender, it’s a totally legitimate suspension layout. While the comfort is low, the rest of my specs are pretty reliably yellow and green in basically everything else. It’s not too far behind a car that went to the next round ffs.

I don’t really get why it was outright binned.

She wanted it! She said she wanted my car! I count that as a win! My car was exactly what I wanted it to be!

Though if I wanted a win I should’ve gone for more a off-road car, probably my Kazume that I made. Oh well, it happens. Maybe the next one :))

5 Likes

Its a freaking Stationwagon and not a Defender ma Dude and its not the best looking one.

4 Likes

It’s an estate crossover built around going off-road, you know, like the objective. There wasn’t a regulation of only SUVs and pickups.

I don’t have a problem with it not going past stage 1, the issue is being binned.

Ma dude, the new Defender has indepent suspension all around, you just make an old Defender layout basically lol.

Besides, you literally built a station wagon with solid axles all around, it’s the worst combo ever. Heck, even Audi allroad Quattro doesn’t have solid axles all around and it’s offroad oriented.

And please don’t be salty about being binned. A lot of people got binned and all of them are fine and accept their fate except you.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be yang round if there wasn’t any salt from those who got binned though :wink:

13 Likes

My dude, not going past stage 1 and getting binned is the same fucking thing

4 Likes

There’s problem #1

There’s problem #2, and quite a significant one. Just because everything is in the green, doesn’t mean it’s going to get an easy pass. I didn’t give dragawn a get out of jail free card for the exact same problem either.

http://d3hrnetf5izp16.cloudfront.net/optimized/4X/9/d/6/9d6de28d9d8a9ca8f1c2ee4a513fc07b63508be8_1_690x388.jpg

The front of your car is notoriously plain compared to all the cars I passed through. The indicators look tacked on and there’s nothing really much going on there. Note all the square elements in it. The rear?

http://d3hrnetf5izp16.cloudfront.net/optimized/4X/0/a/d/0ad7c4b39f9560b3568919cfe89b0fc043530b2f_1_690x388.jpg

Oh! now the taillights are round!! Not saying that the front needs to be sharp while the rear, sharp as well, the front and rear don’t match up in stylistic consistency. That’s all. What’s up with the bottom vents? They look tacked on and out of place. The wheel choice? Quite outdated. The mirrors? Very strange given how masculine the vehicle was supposed to look. I can’t say the vehicle was pretty at all, and same applied to dragawn. Not that it would have really mattered because their car would have went through if I really didn’t care about styling.

EDIT: Adding into this again. Not trying to say dragawn’s design was necessarily effortless, it was just too avant-garde. It was intricate and detailed decently well. This doesn’t emanate the same melody.

Long story short, don’t expect to win on stats alone, it’s a dangerous card to play in CSR. Regardless of who’s hosting, everyone looks at styling. Some more strictly than others.

19 Likes

Since I’ve been entering these since CSR 97? 98? “binned” has been used in a context denoting outright failing to meet the criteria with every other entry being “crossed off the list” or “wouldn’t cut it”. Evidently I misread that, my bad.

I don’t enter these expecting to win, it’s pretty obvious when consistently getting low or lowest likes, but obviously I’m going to double-take when it looks like I’ve been disqualified for an unwritten rule.

Which unwritten rule? You just missed what the buyer was looking for, it happens to everyone, that’s why there is only one winner.
Two solid axles is a non-sense on a break, even for a SUV, and yeah, everything have been told about the design.

You got a long and personnal review from yangx2 that no one else got, he’s not supposed to tell you what’s wrong in details like he does, you should thanks him instead of complaining again.

8 Likes

Wait, there’s an unwritten rule? Damn, I must have missed the memo for that.

2 Likes

Ahhh expected bin is expected but I got the daily dose of sodium I was looking for. Ahh, I love the smell of salt in the morning

You poopyhead for beaning me tho

8 Likes

I-its not like I’m binning you because I like you p-poopyhead

10 Likes

Damn Tsunderes xD

1. Looks like
  2. unwritten

As I said, I made a mistake, and I was just explaining why I reacted to what I perceived and why that perception came about.

Seriously, no need to act so bitter because someone could possibly deviate from the norm.

The amount of pack behaviour here is unnerving.

I’ll be kinder than the rest and try to help.

Granted, the brief in this round is a bit more vague than most so I suppose I understand how some things may be missed or dismissed as “unwritten.” It just means that more attention to the details of the brief is required. In fact the part about car looks was mentioned around the end.

And no, “binning” is indeed not a disqualification. No need to feel bad, heck, I’ve won once but I still get binned pretty often too. It just means that next time you should try harder and find better solutions, through in game trial and error and research of real world equivalents.

12 Likes

Yeah, I feared that the viscous-diff wouldn’t be enough. In Beam it drove okay through the terrain, mud was a no go though. But following my only lore I have there was no other sensible diff option possible because MONNNNEEEEHHHHH.
But at least it’s attractive, hell yeah!

So far I only have:

• 8 first round bins
  • 0 second round bins
  • 0 wins

But! Would I care more about the objective and not only about me realising a vision to the given context, things would more likely look different. As sad as it is, I’m not aiming at designs which get the most likes. Sometimes they are boring and repetitive but still hit 20+ likes. Some on the other hand, are purely amazing!

Very nice round, enjoy much, bin me not twice or I chop yo head off!

WHERE NEXT CSR BE? I WAITING! CONSUME!

(don’t want to be responsible for world wide server crashes)

Please refrain from double posting :slight_smile:

3 Likes