CSR 133 - Missing Detective Prologue [Investigation Over]

How I fit a 6.0L OHV engine with a single 4bbl carb

1. No positive quality
  2. -1 quality on top end
  3. Single exhaust and dual baffles
  4. profit with too much hp
5 Likes

Literally the same thing. 326ci, 1x4b pushrod, -2 BE, one pipe. Fit the ET like a glove.

now thats a lotta damage
anyways, will improve on the era correctness for the final version of the car

Check yourself before you wreck yourself y’all. I didn’t double-check my design well enough after a last minute change and that’s what binned me. May the best car win!

Wdym by Racing carburettors?

Seems like i didnt have to worry about mirrors after all :cold_sweat: as he used the entry with no mirrors

Its the 50s, safety hadn’t been invented yet! :grinning:

Passenger side mirrors and reverse lights were optional

Mirrors weren’t required on cars for a surprisingly long time. Only reason to include them on a build of that era is for detail or if you’re going for Volvo/Saab vibes, as they are/were very safety conscious.

Did you use the DCOE Carbs? The lore behind them is that they were meant for performance and racing cars, and were a mainstay of European rather than American design. They are commonly referred to as Weber carburetors. You can find four or six of them on any European-spec Lambo Miura or Countach.

1 Like

Yeah, i thought they were the budget friendly carbs for the car

ah so all around DW suspension is bin huh… well its around in the early 1960s, so i thought 1959 might pass it… well good luck to those wasn’t binned, well that is a lot of bin though

I have to agree with you. I don’t know of many (any?) American full-sized land yachts of this era that had any of the tech described above, even as an option. Nor did they have an independent rear suspension - something that was also very rare and expensive back in 1959.

And just to be sure, the test mule for my aborted CSR 133 entry had precisely none of those.

4 Likes

Even the CORVETTE didn’t have an IRS until '63.

A very, very select few American sedan-sized barges had IRS by the LATE 60’s. It was still uncommon to have IRS until the widespread advent of FWD. Which for American companies, was the early 80’s.

4 Likes

woah… really… that late huh… oh well its a catastrophic mistake on my part then…

Say it wasn’t so.

████████████

Tpiewi jsvkmzi qi, jvsq xli fsxxsq sj qc fvsoir lievx.

M lezi jemxl mr qc lievx li ampp, fyx ampp csy?

Li xsph qi. Csyv pszi qexxivw qsvi xler lmw.

Xvypc wipjpiww sj e ksh.

A couple of instabins I had forgotten.

1958 Avory Type 7 V8

@On3CherryShake
Instabinned for something that didn’t really exist back then for this price range.
Independent rear suspension and a V8, I heavily overlooked this one because it was in a more British GT-styled body (And I had mistaken the DB4’s engine for a V8).

████ ███████ █████

@███████
██████████████████

Misericordiae Dei.

11 Likes

Okay, so I’ve taken the time to decipher your “nonsense” texts… Please, please, please let this have a happy ending. I actually kinda like the Detective.

3 Likes

Okay I’m not angry, just confused by your decision. I went for Ford Thunderbird and put a V8 in it because that’s what this guy wants. What’s the issue here?

1 Like

Even if it is a more Thunderbird styled car, the Thunderbird did not come with independent suspension, and seeing that no other car had this configuration at this price range (unlike i had previously assumed prior to the bin), I performed the you-know-what. I hope that clarifies things.

1 Like

Right, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility for what was given that Jaguar had done it shortly after 1959. $20k is modern Aston money, so it’s pretty believable. If anything, being able to fit all of that, at that price, within the very tight ET restricions, it should be seen as a massive pro rather than a con. You wanted a domestic sports car so I made one under a fancy British guise and got you-know-whatted for it.

Looking back on it, no it’s not the most realistic choice and I should’ve gone with a coil spring live rear end or something, but I certainly don’t see it as binworthy. I kinda disagree with that logic, but it’s your round and it’s going well other than that so oh well. :))

2 Likes