CSR 138: A Thousand Words (Finished)

Does that mean part time 4WD affects the score negatively? Or am I mixing the two drivetrains up?

3 Likes

Full time 4wd does not exist in game and cannot really be simulated in game, which some people tried to do. Including me, cause I thought it could work.

2 Likes

Not to get too pedantic, but the game DOES have “full time 4wd” they (rightly) call it AWD.

4wd the front and rear axles are locked together, AWD the front and rear axles can travel at different speeds. What the game calls 4x4 is commonly called “part time” and should not be used on pavement (tarmat). Some companies are blurring that line (like the Borg Warner 4416 using progressive clutches) but that is not in game. Given the time, any part time 4x4 system will be “shift on the fly” to you can shift into and out of 4x4 at highway speeds.

5 Likes

right then, here goes nothing.

2000 Matsuma 4-Cross GTf

10 Likes
UsE cOmMoN sEnSe

EcaMobile Chipleader MKII V12 Final Edition

Translation for non-german plebs

"The last version of the Chipleader is the peak of german engeering. Not only does the Chipleader combine performance and the daily grind, furthermore delivers it the job wrapped in leather and coupled to a V12 engine. Let yourself go with the 300HP engine and drive up to 250km/h. But even goal off the asphalt are no problem for the Chipleader with its all wheel drive and lockable difs. Room for 5 and everything what your hearth desires. Troubels with parking? No problem, just make your own and show those minimum wagers whos in charge-

Lore

EcaMobile is a german manufactorer of Turbo and Injectionsystems, in 1980 the company bought up fellow german company Pfeil Performance, and is now using their facilites and engines to produce their own cars.

The Chipleader is the second model made by the brand, the first version being released in 1985 with a facelift made in 1995. Coming from the first model, the Ace, the Chipleader focuses more on comfort and space, while still being quick and read for the Autobahn. The V12 version is the highest non-limted trim of the Chipleader.

Moar pics

17 Likes

“Hey, Robert - how about you go in and try to get out Thomas by guile and stealth first? Look at this, I highlighted the relevant parts of this translated Avto Gazeta article for you.”

2000 Mara Kavaler Prakty 4.0

The second generation of the Mara Kavaler debuted in mid-1990s after the global market liberalisation and was the first Kavaler generation to be offered in wagon form in addition to the traditional sedan. The overall market reception of the wagon was lukewarm at best, but it hangs on to still be available in 2000 after the first facelift due to finding sufficient success in two quite different market niches:

On the one hand, there are travelling outdoor workers such as forest inspectors and construction engineers who do not want to get stuck on otherwise reasonably accessible unpaved paths and roads in case of inclement weather. Otherwise, they first and foremost need a spacious and practical daily driver for regular roads and conditions, and can appreciate the Kavaler’s affordability. On the other hand there are lower and mid-ranking state officials who want something reasonably stately and comfortable, but neither want to be seen driving an import (lest they’d be accused of not being sufficiently patriotic) nor risk getting stuck on the dirt paths to or from their dacha or hunting lodge while being able to carry (or tow) the necessary gear for their leisure activities.

For some strange reason, official promo shots of the Kavaler Prakty always seem to avoid paved surfaces…

The outdoor worker group will usually be satisfied with the more mundane 2l I4 ‘Progress’ engine (shared with the smaller Zvezda) whereas the state official group will probably rather opt for the 4l V8 ‘Blyz [Twin] Progress’ engine. The Blyz V8 essentially consists of two Progress I4s bolted together, and produces around 150 kW and 320 Nm of torque. The latter group also seems to uniformly choose ‘forest green’ as their colour of choice, making this body/colour combination of the Kavaler - usually combined with heavily tinted windows - almost synonymous with ‘state official on leisure trip’ in certain regions. This is rumoured to often make the police turn a blind eye to minor traffic infractions such as speeding or discreetly wave the car straight through checkpoints without stopping them first.

… but emphasise nature instead, despite the limited ride height and RWD only availability.

To further address the needs of these two core markets, the facelifted Kavaler Prakty is now equipped with a bullbar at the front and an offroad skidtray underneath, in addition to the manual diff locker which has already been available before the facelift. Otherwise, the wagon retains a similar combination of drivability, performance and comfort as the regular Kavaler V8 sedans.

Unlike the regular sedans, however, the wagon’s front and rear bumpers now got the same plastic treatment as the Zvezda, albeit in a brighter tone, with a higher quality material, and including the new bullbar. This does not only give an additional appearance of ruggedness, but also allows the manufacturer to satisfy the quotas set by the local insurance industry in the mid-1990s in an effort to reduce insurance premiums due to less costs for minor collisions in the process by making the cars more resilient to front and rear impacts.

“So, what do you think? Shall I go make inquiries where to get one quickly near the designated operations area?”

3 Likes

2000 Akari Chikara

Updated for 2000, the Akari Chikara enters the millenia with a new front fascia, new taillights, an improved interior, and most importantly, an all-new 3.5 liter V6 producing 260 horsepower. It also features the newest version of our 4-Trac all-wheel-drive system, providing superior traction and controllability even in the harshest of climates, and on the toughest of roads.
Gallery

12 Likes
2000 Lombaxo Olympian

The Olympian is the latest car from Lombaxo Automobiles INC. It hasn’t changed much since the original Olympian came out in 1991 save for maybe the very obvious face lift. Originally powered by a Polaris Narrowblock V8 NB Series engine, the new car ditches the older engine for the much better VNS V8 engine which offers somewhat better long term reliability. But, we aren’t very proud of this car as it isn’t the nicest car and it isn’t the greatest looking. It’s 5 liter V8 engine puts out a measly 261 horsepower and delivers it to all 4 wheels. Besides, we aren’t the greatest at making cars for foreign markets.

The .car file is on its way expect tomorrow or Sunday.
6 Likes
2000 Avantii Campus

Gallery

9 Likes

Another collab with @conan

2000 Hyades CX-5 Turbo

An AWD that you can rely on all terrains with maximum confidence in motion.
With a Turbocharged 2.5 liters engine, the Hyades CX-5 Turbo can out-accelerate from tricky situations with effortless power while returning the great fuel economy for everyday usage.
Quadra-trac™ AWD system provides traction both on-road and off-road without the need for a separate transfer case while capable of high speed on road condition with durability.
Passive safety also counts. Hyades CX-5 Turbo comes with an advanced steel structure for better protection when things turned unexpected, providing the safety cage as front-line protection for the passengers. Integrated Safety Protection Airbags (ISPA) also cover all rounds with a Multiple Direction Protection System (MDPS), and anti-whiplash head restrain system to ensure maximum safety as the last line of defense.

More Medias

8 Likes

2000 Decarlis Frontier

14 Likes

2000 Masca Utilia

When the millenium came, Masca decided to join the “Practicality” market. They started making Utilia in one of their factories in Russia after several concepts and researches.

Utilia first unveiled in the first quarter of 2000, and hit the market in the third quarter. Responses from consumers were… Average. It didn’t sell well but also not that bad at all. It was mostly because of its appearance. It was reliable, practical and comfortable. The heart of it was a 2.4L(146cu) I4, creating 166 Horsepower and 211 Nm Torque powering all the wheels. (AWD) It also came with a 6-speed manual and Geared LSD.

More Photos

4 Likes
2000 Bowie Alamo Uplift

Lore The Bowie Alamo was Arlington Automotive's truck-based midsize SUV; it entered production in 1989. This second generation was introduced in 1994. A heavier, body-on-frame design, it was powered by V6s in budget trims and V8s in high trims; unlike the trucks it was based on, the live rear axle is coil-sprung. This provided a rather comfortable ride, and indeed the SUV became something of a small family favorite.

This particular Alamo is the Uplift LTR version. Uplift was the suffix given to all 3-door Alamos; sitting on the same wheelbase as the normal 5-doors but shorter and four-seated (rather than the 5-6 seats of the five-door), the Uplift variant was marketed to the same people as the 5-doors, except single.
“LTR” means it’s a decked-out premium trim with a comfy interior and a big engine - since a 1998 facelift, a brand-new 5.6-liter 24-valve alloy V8 paired to a 5-speed select-shift automatic designed specifically for it. Fuel economy is honestly not its strong suit.

So basically, this is a car for divorcees who like messing about in the mud. But given it’s a large, powerful and surprisingly quick offroader which you can fuel and lubricate with the dirt you ride over, it may just come in handy as a rescue vehicle. Or you could bin it idk I was mostly doing my own thing

Specifications Model Year.................................................................................................2000
Make......................................................................................Arlington-Bowie
Engine.............................................................340 CID V8 SOHC 24v MPFI
Transmission.................................................5-speed automatic floor-shifted
Drivetrain............................................AWD Locker-Diff 4:79:1 Final Drive
Chassis................................................................................Unibody 111.81 in
Dimensions (L/W)................................................................191.16in/74.61 in
Weight..................................................................................................4382 lbs
Front Suspension..................................................................Short/Long Arm
Rear Suspension.........................................................Coil-Sprung Live Axle
Wheels...........................................................Steel 17-inch; R235/75 all over
Brakes................................................................4-piston front, 2-piston rear
Retail Price..........................................................................................$37,600
Performance
0-62 Acceleration.....................................................................................7.0 s
Top Speed..........................................................................................149 mph
62-0 braking..........................................................................................154 ft
Skidpad grip..........................................................................................0.70 g
1/4 mile time...........................................................................................15.2 s
Fuel Economy (Combined, EPA)...................................................14.4 mpg
Gallery

4 Likes

The all-new 2000 Westland Constellation

The Westland Constellation is a long-running Westland model, brought about as a minitruck-based SUV in 1969- but after three generations, the Constellation is really a different beast from that original car. No expenses were spared in creating this purpose-built luxury softroader- rather than basing it off of a truck platform, like so many other SUVs in the market, the Westland Constellation utilizes independent front and rear suspension and a state of the art AHS steel monocoque for maximum ride comfort, safety, and performance. Off the road, the Constellation is well-equipped; A full-time 4x4 5-speed manual transmission (which is totally not AWD with manual lockers) allows for the Constellation to comfortably rise to any peak, and the XT trim comes with a full size off-road ready skid-tray. Attacking the trail has never been so easy! However, on-road performance was certainly not overlooked by the engineers over at Westland, and ~270 horsepower allows this mid-size SUV to fly to 60mph in under 6.5s- enough to breeze past any of the soccer mom SUVs in this market bracket- and pulling nearly 0.9Gs in a turn should be enough to remind you that the under-the-hood performance that Westland brings to bat with this supposed off-roader is absolutely nothing to scoff at.

The all-new Westland Millennium modular engine family was practically designed for this car, and the Millennium Vortex 4200 comes with the kind of bulletproof reliability you’ve come to expect from Westland.

(Oh also the whole car is made of 3D fixtures)

Gallery

21 Likes

The Pendejo Evolution: Import Performance, American Comfort.

Vehicle Specifications

0-100km/h : 6.43s
    Top Speed: 148mph
    Fuel Economy: 28.0MPG (US)
    Drivetrain: Front Engine AWD
    Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
    Gear Ratios: 4.40, 2.57, 1.75, 1.27, .965, .75
    Final Drive Ratio: 5.01
    Load Capacity: 804.2kg
    Towing Capacity: 1486kg

Engine Specifications

Configuration: Inline 6
    Dispacement: 2900cc
    Power: 259.5hp @ 6600rpm
    Torque: 256.6lb-ft @ 4200rpm
    Redline: 7000rpm
    Material: Aluminium block & head
    Valvetrain: SOHC 4 valve per cylinder
    Aspiration: Single Turbocharger
    Octane Rating: 90 AKI

2 Likes

The 2000 Shijiazhuang Motors X1: Excellence Where You’d Least Expect It

Huge thanks to @Admiral_Obvious for help with the engineering, this car would be dead in the water without him

Gallery

Lore

Shijiazhuang Motors was started in China in the city of Shijiazhuang in 1992, partially funded by the Chinese Government in a push for a larger, more active domestic automotive market.

The company started by creating a transverse FWD midsize economy car, dubbed the S1. The S1 was sold exclusively in the Chinese market, and with basically no competition it of course sold well.

With the introduction of the second generation S1 - dubbed the S2, in 1997, Shijiazhuang Motors began exporting the S2 to foreign markets, (primarily North America and Europe) as a cheap and reliable competitor to the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.

In 2000, riding high on great foreign market sales, Shijiazhuang introduced the X1, deviating from their usual Transverse FWD layout with a Longitudinal AWD platform, and with the introduction of an inline 6- as opposed to the company’s standard i4/V6 options, the wagon was revolutionary for them.

The trim shown above, the ESL variant (standing for “Executive Sport Luxury”) attempted to go upmarket with an Extended Cab, a CD player, better speakers, cushier suspension, and A BED.
This car is also fitted with the “Sportback” option, which nets you higher ride height and wider tires, for better offroad ability.

The car, in its standard form made for a great base for tuning, with the relatively large displacement i6 making amazing fodder for turbo swaps and engine tuning.

Godspeed, Shijiazhuang.

I have no idea how to say this company’s name. I probably should have named it something that I can actually pronounce.

5 Likes

That’s a hell of an overhang at the rear! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Speedtail wagon, it’s for the aero bro.

Weight reduction?

**2000 Cutler Adiona**

Born in the 1960s as a truck-based SUV, the Adiona received a new generation in 1996. Designed for the booming family SUV market, it however still stayed true to the generations before it, with a full ladder frame chassis and solid axles all round.

In the year 2000, the Adiona received a light facelift and a brand new 5.0L V8. The original engine, a push-rod unit born in the 70s, was outdated and at risk of failing increasingly tough emissions testings. The new unit makes 260hp.

Adiona’s start at a low price, with a base model having a 120hp i6, 5 speed manual and RWD, designed for cheap go-anywhere transportation. The top OA model however has an electrically controlled 5 speed automatic, selectable 4x4 with locking differentials, and of course the V8. This model is painted in Deep Cherry. On the inside, it features a trip computer with a driver information screen, leather 2-way electric seats, a CD player, sunroof, and electric clock.

I made this car last summer (close to a year ago) and it’s my favourite I’ve done - so I just had to enter it. I had to facelift it and give it an interior. I like the interior however dislike the facelift, I think the original is too blocky to have a premium feel.

3 Likes