CSR147 - Out and In the Open

Unfortunately I’m a bit too busy (full time work, study, personal life, etc.) to make a decent ad. So here is my submission without too much stuff around it:

Meet the Autodelta Estoril Turbo, for anyone who wants a sleek but sporty convertible coupe and doesn’t want to choose between a smooth v6 or a pure bred turbo engine. The efficient and practical FWD layout common throughout the Autodelta range is used combined with a Limited Slip Differential to make this widebodied but smoothly shaped luxury automobile shoot from 0-100 km/h in 8 seconds with it’s state-of-the-art 4-gear automatic gearbox. Adaptive dampers, an aero kit, variable powered steering and sports tyres give the car a neutral character, while still being able to throw it around the corner with 1G. Stopping power is provided by disk brakes with ABS all around.

ezgif.com-gif-maker

5 Likes

Vogel SX. Reserved style, unforgettable performance.
Pictured above in the SX8 trim featuring a 4.2L V8 pushing roughly 200bhp.
$18,200 (Adjusted for inflation)

17 Likes

The 1987 Aether 9/2 Belle Étoile is the newest entry level luxury creation from Aether’s Voiture Atelier. Based on the standard 9/2, the Belle Étoile sacrifices none of the sporting presence that is usually lost when the roof is removed. The engineers have added extra bracing to the all aluminium body to preserve rigidity and handling dynamics. Even with the addition of more material and the premium leather hidden automatic soft top, the Belle Étoile tips the scales at only just over 3000 lbs (around 1400 kg), only around 200 lbs heavier than the original and markedly lighter than most other convertibles in this segment. This lightness also allows remarkable performance, with the Belle Étoile making the 0-60 mph sprint in just over 7.2s and toping out at 157 mph. This performance is paired with a combined 20 mpg fuel efficiency rating, which lightens the overall costs of a luxury convertible such as this.

While the performance and agility of the 9/2 Belle Étoile may leave those watching you breathless, you’ll be cozy and relaxed in its full luxury interior. Premium leather, wood, and aluminium trimmings create an atmosphere to be seen in as well as be comfortable. Aether has gone to great lengths with wind tunnel testing to minimize air buffeting at speeds below 80 mph, so you can be sure that whatever hairstyle you have will stay put without dousing it in gallons of aquanet. Aether’s iconic and award winning Hydropneumatique™ suspension soaks up every bump in the road with ease. It can be adjusted to one of three firmness levels based on road conditions and desired levels of sportiness. The 9/2 Belle Étoile as shown in the pictures above runs about $43000 and, as with all vehicles offered by Aether, it can be customized to the buyer’s tastes. The starlit experience of the 1987 Aether 9/2 Belle Étoile awaits you at your nearest Aether showroom.

Interior Pictures

17 Likes

New for 1987, the turbocharged Brockland Edgemere.
Only on Edgemere can you own the legendary new STAT-CAST touchscreen module.
Use your senses to find true luxury through Edgemere for only $32,600!

20 Likes

1987 Francesco Vegas Boulevard

styling out of date by a year or 60

14 Likes

The 1987 Eagle Stallion Turbo!

With it’s short wheelbase, sport tuned suspension and stylish looks, Eagle’s new Stallion is fit to compete with the best Germany and Japan can throw out! The Turbo trim throws out the old 5.0L V8 and instead uses Eagle’s compact 2.3L turbocharged inline 4, producing 201 horsepower and 194 lb-ft of torque. Crucially, this powertrain weighs about 100 pounds less than the V8 (total weight 2911 lbs) allowing for improved handling and also better fuel economy. This engine is mated to a 5 speed manual and LSD to a solid rear axle. The front has MacPherson struts which have been tuned for optimal cornering ability.

The Stallion also comes in both hatchback and convertible variants (convertible pictured), and this specific car has an optional sport appearance package with stripes and “Turbo” badging. The convertible top is power operated and the interior is well furnished with burgundy cloth, power windows, a boost gauge, and a premium cassette player. Overall the new for 1987 Eagle Stallion Turbo is a new, more modern take on the old pony car, and has a real chance to hang with its overseas competition with its low price.

• MSRP: $13,000
  • 201 hp, 194 lb-ft
  • 0-62: 7.5 sec
  • Quarter mile: 15.55 sec
  • Top speed: 141 mph
  • Weight: 2911 lbs
9 Likes

Submissions are now closed. By my count, we have 37 entries.

@AndiD
@inf2
@mart1n2005
@Knugcab
@EnCR
@dividedbyzero96
@MisterRocketMan
@Urke101
@Edsel
@Lanson
@Mikonp7
@Petakabras
@Riley
@conan & @z2bbgr
@TheTom
@Arn38fr
@T0M
@GROOV3ST3R
@Milanchx
@abg7
@debonair0806
@variationofvariables
@Kyorg
@Texaslav
@Marv666
@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T
@karhgath
@GassTiresandOil
@ChemaTheMexican & @ldub0775
@LS_Swapped_Rx-7
@HybridTronny
@Admiral_Obvious
@SheikhMansour
@Portalkat42
@Xepy
@cake_ape
@yurimacs

please let me know if you have submitted but are not tagged here.

10 Likes

I have submitted but I’m not tagged. @donutsnail

I did not receive a .car file from you.

whoops sorry. I’m new to this so should I dm it or just post it

Via DM please, I just messaged you. Welcome to the community!

I am not tagged

2 Likes

Adding @Falling_Comet and @InitialYeet to the entrant list, now 39

1987 Bradford Xena
9 Likes

Did i get mine in?

I don’t see that you messaged me

2 Likes

Round 1 Eliminations

Section 1.1: Instabins

These cars broke one or more rules and will go no further.

@Admiral_Obvious Independent Bronsen Auto AWD

Exceeded maximum Engine ET: 158.3, Incorrect Naming Convention

Very questionable design, price near the top of the budget, and features that don’t match it’s appearance at all. This little offroader with a decked out luxury interior? While submitting an offroader was already playing a game of The Brief Is Lava, the other offroader submitted is a much more compelling entrant.

@dividedbyzero96 Sierra Coyote Sprint

Incorrect Naming Convention

A handsome car and a steaming hot performance bargain. With 256 horsepower at just $24,900, it’s a lot of power for the money, but sacrifices were made in the process, with fewer features than similarly priced cars and very poor comfort levels. Nonetheless, an impressive first attempt at a CSR.

@InitialYeet Eagle Stallion Turbo

Incorrect Naming Convention

A neat looking car, if a bit too close to a replica for my tastes. A strong performance car with it’s 201 hp turbo 4 cylinder, but not as well equipped as other options in it’s price range, and very poor comfort levels. Like the Sierra though, an impressive car for a first CSR.

@DuceTheTruth100 Wells GTC

Late Submission

Not a bad car. It’s on the pricier side of entrants, but it is a large and well equipped car with decent road manners and comfort. Unfortunately, it’s slow for it’s price, it’s appearance is quite uninspiring, running costs are very high, and one would expect this large and expensive car to still have an automatic top.

Section 1.2: early Eliminations

The following cars are out. These cars fall behind the competition quickly.

@TheTom Marina Ember

The Marina Ember is an aluminum bodied pure sports car, with most of its budget spent on speed an performance; too dedicated for this role. Similar cars offer more features for the same money, and a dismal 10 comfort is 2nd worst in test. It also falls way short in style.

@SheikhMansour Rosewood Streaker

A similarly styled car to the Marina, it falls way short in the looks department for this company. Near the top of the budget and running a wild 317 hp 6.4 liter 32 valve V8, it’s the most powerful car here, but not the fastest. But I can’t get past the styling. A Pink roof? I think both this car and the Marina show that just because a body unlocks soon enough, doesn’t mean it’s era-appropriate, and trying to design this very blobby Miata body back into the 80s has pretty unfortunate results.

@T0M AT Stellar-S

This car is confused. It looks quite sporty, but has among the least sporting drives of the test. It is badged “3.2L” on the car, but instead has a 2.7 liter turbo 4 cylinder. It rides on air suspension, but has only mediocre comfort. It’s 17" wheels are anachronistic.

@yurimacs Bradford Xena

Good bones, but the design feels very unfinished. Right at the top end of the budget and the only entrant to opt for a hand-made interior, it pummels the the entire competition in comfort, but has poor reliability and is slow compared to similarly priced cars.

@Milanchx Lukes-Jackson Horizon

The design is very plain. A full luxury approach with hydropnuematic suspension and 5 liters of 275hp V8 under the hood, yet both comfort and acceleration figures are middle of the road, while managing only 12 MPG. An underacheiver overall.

@abg7 WM Welland 3.0 Convertible

An sporty premium subcompact with incredibly dull styling. While this car is quick, comfortable, and pleasant, it’s performance can be had for much cheaper, meanwhile just a little more money can get you into a better car, and in either scenario, you’re getting a better looking car. Competent, but no style.

@Edsel Bazard Cayote

Sadly, another competent machine crippled completely by a lack of styling. While this car provides a unique balance of priorities as a good price, with competitive performance figures and comfort and equipment levels, it finds itself in a very competitive price bracket where only the best entrants can go forward.

More reviews to come. I have a more unique style planned for the reviews going forward, so I hope you will enjoy them. Unfortunately I will continue to review the cars primarily out of character for the sake of pace.

20 Likes

forgot to change the badge lol

too bad it went like this, better luck next time then

Agreed. IMO the whole Bean body set (all sizes) actually unlocks too soon for its body shape (1983 at the earliest, whereas the real-life NA MX-5 launched in 1989). I think its use would be far more appropriate for a car made in the 1990s; as such, to reflect this, its unlock year should be moved forward to 1988 or so - around the same as the recently overhauled S15 body set. That might explain why I had to reject my first attempt (which did use one of the Bean bodies) at an entry for this round. As for my actual entry:

It’s not a subcompact, more like a midsize - I used the E36/405 body with a 2.6m wheelbase. But you are right about it looking too generic and dull for its price. In hindsight I should have gone with one of the faster trims (which had around 240 bhp) and given it a more expressive look.

I know of only two cars that had 17" wheels back in 1987: the Porsche 959 and Ferrari F40. In fact, it wasn’t until some time in the early 1990s that they started to become more commonplace, and even then, only in high-performance cars.

Anyway, your review style is one of the best I’ve ever seen - getting the duds out of the way quickly, before exploring the rest of the field in greater depth.

1 Like

It’s worth noting, I think, that the devs make bodies unlock about 5 years early on purpose in order to allow time for engineering in the campaign.

5 Likes