CSR151 - 100 L2 -> L1 OC!

Yeah fuel economy isn’t exactly accurate in game anyway so I’ll just is as a bit of a guide to make sure the cars aren’t running stupidly rich or anything

The reasoning behind me using super 2000 based rules for this were quite simply I can find them on the FIA website still and the earlier wrc 2.0 litre cars rules aren’t seemingly available anywhere. That’s why there is the rev limiter rule and the weight limit is higher than it would be in the year (still lower than super 2000 though).

Auto manual kinda sucks either way so I’m not banning any type of gearbox. I assume it might have been used on a 1300 or 1600 car anyway so isn’t out of the realms of possibility

2 Likes

Are there are no engineering time limits?

So a clarification on the wheel rule, with a limit of 18x8, the means max tire width is 205mm, yes?

Geez I hope not, 2wd cars need all they can get

A typical low profile tire size for an 18x8 inch wheel would be something like 225/40 or 225/45.

Oh, so the tire would be a fair bit wider than the wheel then, since 8" would be 203mm?

Correct. Wheel widths are measured between the insides of the lips where the tire beads seat, tire widths are measured from outer sidewall to sidewall (approximately). An eight inch wide wheel might actually measure closer to nine inches total from the inner face to the outer, depending on the thickness of the lip.

1 Like

For 8x18 wheels this is all the available tyres online apparently.

However i did state I wouldn’t be mandating that wheel size, so do bear that in mind. 16" or 17" may work out fine depending on your cars size

2 Likes

Are these cars restricted to FF, or are other options available?

Just wondering if there is any restrictions regarding traction aids, considering everything else kind of related to traction is restricted.

I’ll say no but I don’t think the real cars used traction control, maybe they had ABS though. But either way I’ll allow whatever unlocks

3 Likes

ABS, TC and ESC are all available in 97 at 0TP - but adding TPs cuts the price down to a couple hundreds so it’s practically free drivability boost.
I vaguely remember all sorts of assists being controversial in F1 in the 2000s (and probably earlier), probably other motorsports as well. Then again I like having ESC (with an off button) in my cars so “whatever unlocks” is cool

1 Like

Brake sizes aren’t listed anywhere as far as I can see.

Any body size or type restrictions? It seems wih this you can get an FR sportscar in as long as it can fit 4.

Also: are undertrays allowed?

Not to let the cat outta the bag but I’m shooting for a MR that seats 4, but has some ground clearance.

Must the tyres in front and rear match or can they be different as long as they stick to the guidelines?

@Restomod

• I haven’t listed any brake size rules, but i mean more like you’ll be needing pretty beefy brakes to make sure they don’t cook during hard driving.
  • There is no body type or size restrictions but just bear in mind the type of car. Something too big is going to be pretty uncompetitive. Also, certain drive types are going to eat into the budget severely.
2 Likes

1996 Mitsushita Jesta S2000

Ready to go. BWOOAAAAH.

5 Likes

Round is open as of one hour ago, i’ve added a timer to the post as well.

3 Likes

What is MR is that a different type of car from normal

MR = Mid engined, Rear wheel drive.