CSR160 - The Pannonian Sailor [RESULTS]

And here there’s me thinking i had hit the 2000s looks right on the nose! Beauty is on the eye of the beholder i guess XD

Then again the car ended up looking like a Nissan Note and a Renault Clio had an italian child, so maybe it is ugly XD

At least i’m.pretty confident that it’s a well designed and coherent ugly car, so here goes me hoping it’s enough to make the next cut

I’m curios to see the stats of the other cars.
I thought having 73 of drivability was a good score. :thinking:

Or maybe some other stats were used to review as pretty hard to drive.
I’ll improve next time.

2 Likes

I don’t know how much you have been playing lately, but with the arrival of techpool etc. the goalposts have been moved pretty far since back in “our” days. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I believe my car was high 80s, and according to the notes there, it wasn’t the highest :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine recorded a drivability score of 84, in large part due to having a 5-speed advanced automatic gearbox - this despite its 1000cc I3 making just 75bhp.

And in retrospect, its front-end styling is somewhat futuristic, in the sense that it reminds me of a Ford Fiesta or Puma from a full decade later, but not quite as complex.

Consider that my car recieved a remark for mediocre drivability, and i was on 80,6 drivability if memory serves me well. That was me compromising a lot on drivability for other stats.

With ESC and full drivability tuning, you can breeze past 85s with ease i belive

2 Likes

I saw a 94-ish drive on discord IIRC, so yeah, some people went all in on that stat, especially because automatics were encouraged.

4 Likes

Oh, wow.
Thank you all for the feedback.
It is passed a lot of time indeed.

I was completely out of touch.

1 Like

FINALS (pt1)

@Maxbombe / @Texaslav

Waldersee Attache

Definitely the best looking car of the bunch. Dragana and Djordje were in love with its quirky silhouette and impeccable attention to detail in its design. Powered by a decently powerful 1.6 litre, naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder, which then sends the power to an smooth CVT, there were really no complaints in its engineering. In fact, as cheap and tiny as the Attache is, it still features multilink rear suspension, something not many other cars in its segment do.

@yurimacs

Bradford UrbanTrekker

Another great looking example. The Bradford differs from the Attache when it comes to engineering, though. The UrbanTrekker is an unusual longitudinal drivetrain layout, unlike nearly every single one of its rivals. It also has a more primitive suspension setup than our previous car, though that's to be expected. Interestingly, it does come with all-wheel-drive, the upshot being amazing drivability, at the cost of some practicality.

@donutsnail

Stellar Sora

Unusually for an American car, it has a smaller engine than most of its contemporaries. It also comes with an advanced suspension setup, similar to the Attache. Whilst not necessarily a fan of the design, Dragana wasn't one to put off its inherent advantages, such as the great interior space and awesome practicality. It also didn't feel desperately lethargic to drive and wasn't at all unreliable, as some other American cars are.

@Portalkat42

Citrine Macro

Aside from the fact it's a bit thirsty for a car of its size (and at a glance, looks), it's pretty peppy, sophisticated and sporty. Dragana loved its cute appearance, and was a huge fan of its CVT, and the couple was impressed by its relatively low cost compared to some of its rivals. It also came standard with electronic stability control, something usually relegated to slightly more expensive cars. The reason they didn't place it higher on their list is its somewhat high service cost and fuel consumption.

@Hilbert

Quix iE

Again, a great looking example from the couple's shortlist. Its fuel economy is still class-leading, even in the finals, however some of the other stats aren't quite up to snuff. Its drivability, whilst passable in the original rounds, was quite a bit behind some of the other cars it was competing against here. One massive thing it does have going for it though, and what saved it from being banished to the shadow realm, is its awesome sale price. It even comes with a CVT. It's unfortunate, then, that more attention wasn't placed on tuning those great internals.

@iivansmith

Hamada Mocha

A (faux) hot-hatchback competing against econoboxes, what's not there to love? Well, aside from its great, sporty looks, some of the engineering choices made by Hamada meant that it, like the Quix, wasn't particularly easy to drive or service. It is pretty sporty, however it's purchase price was higher than the Quix's, and, despite still liking its styling very much, Dragana still preferred the Quix.

@Texaslav/@Maxbombe - 1st place
@yurimacs - 2nd place
@donutsnail - 3rd place
@Portalkat42 - 4th place
@Hilbert - 5th place
@iivansmith - 6th place
@vero94773 - 7th place
@the-chowi - 8th place
@HybridTronny/@GetWrekt01 - 9th place
@azkaalfafa - 10th place
@EnCR - 11th place
@abg7 - 12th place
@TanksAreTryhards - 13th place
@karhgath - 14th place
@AndiD - 15th place

Due to there being so many finalists (because of my poor planning), I've elected to release the scoreboards and first batch of reviews ASAP to get the next round going without much delay. I've had to check through all the cars here via Teamviewering my main PC, which isn't really fast nor efficient. If your car wasn't yet reviewed though, don't worry - the next round of reviews are likely to release in the next couple of days.

18 Likes

There are two vero94773’s on the ranking, fyi

2 Likes

@Maxbombe and I are going to host the next one. Expect the next brief in the coming days; work is well underway.

5 Likes