{DEADLINE?} [FINAL SUBMISSIONS OPEN] Retro Racers: a race car - road car design challenge

I’ll just say it’s a coupe

lol ok

1 Like

Mind if I posted an image (or 2) of one of my builds? It’s a WIP

1 Like

looks good, but i think i might need a new class for silhouette cars because the race cars are so extremely modified to the point that they arent even the road car/could be a road car

also doom go ahead

Aight, this is one of my 2 entry’s

2 Likes

where the lights and indicators at :skull:
and the rest of the car :skull:

3 Likes

4th gen Group 5 cars along with IMSA GTX class cars would definitely have this problem then. as for the japanese car its understandable that a near replica build wouldn’t be favored then, Time to pull something else out of my slew of jap cars!

2 Likes

Dw this is the racist, the road car will be more sensible

1 Like

Im going to make a discord so we don’t blow up the main thread

2 Likes

done

3 Likes

ANNOUNCEMENT

Thank you all to those who submitted judge applicant forms. we had quite a lot, so we had to narrow it down to 5.

The final roster:

Me (MustangPorsche67)
@MountainGoat_96
@FuriousFox25
@MelikTheHedgehog
@Moose_Man46

I’m sorry if you didn’t make it, but this wont be the last challenge I do, so there will be other chances.

4 Likes

Zephorus Autos

logo3

1990 Edition

Available in select colours
Or made to order
Marble White

Montasio Yellow

Dusk Blue

Sicily Red

But we’re not done yet

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Top trim model shown, actual model may change in final submission.
25 Likes

My live reaction:
Man Fainting GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

Does it have to be a real world racing series, or can we be creative within reason?

1 Like

Real world except the car/ branding. I need a way to classify these for judging, so adding racing classes/series that don’t exist would make things unnecessarily difficult

1 Like

we do a little trolling

Someone’s been saving a nuke for a special occasion.

MAJOR RULES UPDATE

We have a few new rules I didn’t originally think of that are pretty important to what can and cant be submitted to this challenge, so, here they are;

1. The car has to have 4 wheels touching the ground while at rest, so no 3 wheelers and no motorcycles (maybe I’ll do a separate motorcycle challenge after this…)

2. Both the race car and the road car can only have 1 engine. no escudo pikes peaks and no twin-engine golfs

3. No fan cars/motorized ground effect machines will be accepted, so no chapperal 2Js.

4. The road car cannot just be a normal commuter shitbox, as the sole purpose of most of these cars existing is to go racing, not the other way around. if you do have a base model that you plan on giving the race treatment to for a homologation car, that would be fine, but just taking a normal ‘throwaway’ car and saying its the homologation version would result in a bin.

Thats it for now, but I definatly think more rules might be modified/added

2 Likes

:us: 1997 Ragnarock Radillion :us:

A GT1 Homologation car built entirely by Ragnarock. This is Americas supercar, with a fully Carbon Fibre tub as well as Carbon bodywork and an all aluminum 6.7L V8 sourced From Cheval, it was tuned by Ragnarock to make 719hp @ 8000rpm. Featuring many different options and colors the Ragnarock is Americas newest supercar benchmark.

The Roadcar

The Homologation Car for GT1, The Roadcar is almost identical to the Racing variant. with only additions for comfort, like a fully fledged interior unlike the race car which is fully stripped out, retuned suspension, tamer bodywork, and some smaller and less notable things.

Body Colors
Wheels

Interior

Elder Beige

Bloody Mary

Deep Blue

Vice White

Black

Please note, some items in this car are optional extras: Digital Gauges, A/C, Radio, Power Windows, Power Locks, & Bucket Seating.

The Racecar :us:

:us: :eagle::eagle: BUILT FOR GT1 THIS AMERICAN BEAST IS A MONSTER ON TRACK. THE CHAVAL V8 OFFERS GREAT POWER AND SPEED ON THE STRAIGHTS WITH ITS 700 NATURALLY ASPERATED AMERICAN HORSES. RAHHHHHHHH :eagle::eagle::us:

15 Likes
The 1984 Athenis Ziria Gufo II
A humble Greek coupe turned IMSA monster

Homologated Road Version
-
Built in 82' the Gufo was built to be a humble coupe from Greece meant to mix style and comfort without sacrificing driver feel. Built with aluminum panels and powered by a healthy 2.4L i4 the Gufo would make 240HP while weighing in at a brisk 2367lbs.
-

Fast forward to 1984, IMSA has introduced the GTX class thus the newly homologated Gufo II was created. While this version retained the original powerplant efforts instead were focused into weight savings. By removing the rear seats, adding light bucket seats and cutting unnecessary steel from the chassis the car now weighed in at 2174lbs. The Greek Freak was born.
-
IMSA Class GTX

Now fully built and ready for IMSA's new GTX class The Greek Freak would now be a real force to be reckoned with, The 2.4L i4 now turbocharged making well over 500hp and weighing 2084lbs the Gufo II race car could now reach reported speeds up to 200mph.
13 Likes