{DEADLINE?} [FINAL SUBMISSIONS OPEN] Retro Racers: a race car - road car design challenge

ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT

As a few people have pointed out, the deadline for feedback and the overall submission deadline is a bit steep, so I wanted your opinion. should I bump the feedback deadline to the 30th of march and the final submission date to the 20th of april? i understand completely that some of these builds are very time consuming, and (almost) everyone submitting something has a life, so I thought this might help. vote in the poll below

• yes
  • no

0 voters

5 Likes

Does ‘Design Emphasis’ include ‘must have interiors’?

I don’t think its a mandatory thing but it could be the difference between 1st and 2nd if the judges need more things to look at.

pretty much what apollo said, they arent mandatory but having a nice one could help you quite a bit in the challenge

welp there goes my entry

I wouldn’t give in just yet, there are 3 options to choose from (70’s, 80’s and 90’s) since each car is judged based on the decade its built in and not the all grouped together you could stand a real chance at doing well in any of the 3

1 Like

Im giving up because of how interiors are done. I wont enter a challenge where an interior can make a difference, because I dont make them. It gives me a disadvantage

2 Likes

THE RESULTS ARE IN

THE NEW CHALLENGE DEADLINE IS THE 20TH OF APRIL, AND THE FEEDBACK DEADLINE IS THE 30TH OF MARCH

3 Likes

The Wolfegard Mercurium. Made to enter the >1390cc segment for N Group Rally Racing.

(I remade a car from 4.24, and made a rally spec variant)

4 Likes

The KrĂźger W102 RS Coupe Turbo

“The little hatchback that could”

“You probably want something that resembles to a coffin with wheels, no ABS, no TCS, just untamable raw power… what about a mid 80’s German RWD Turbo Hot Hatchback… Tuned by crazy German Lads?..”

“We’re not gonna lie you buddy, the Krüger W102 RS Coupe Turbo is not much different than any other Hot Hatch of the era, it’s unsafe, it’s too powerful for its size, and its chassis is as stiff as a spaghetti noodle. But, in the W102 RS, not only will you not eat the tree head on, you’ll do it sideways 'cause its RWD, you’ll die in this case too, but who cares? you’ll be looking cool as hell while doing it.”

Race Car

17 Likes

doo dee doo dee doo don’t mind me just making a feedback post

9 Likes

I have updated the main thread so it is now up to date with the challenge

i’d reccomned you read through it just so you dont miss anything

Which racing groups can I choose from?

any, so long as the series you choose takes place from 1970-1999

1 Like

I don’t know any racing series, which is a good one?

there might be some good ones here
https://www.google.com/

12 Likes

i should have said this a week ago but I’m dumb like that so here it is now:

WE DO NOT NEED YOUR CAR FILE YET, ITS ONLY FEEDBACK SUBMISSIONS AS OF NOW. ALL WE NEED ARE SOME GOOD PHOTOS AND YOURE GOOD. ONCE FEEDBACK IS OVER FINAL SUBS WILL BE OPENED.

thank you

3 Likes

hi hello yes, i would like one feedback please :point_right: :point_left:

i plan to do one per decade, so far, here’s my 80s car

8 Likes

homologation thingy, i know you said you want a special car for homologation but gt500 class doesnt need a special car as long as its based on the stock car so i just made a “Spec.r” version for this.

11 Likes

Just your friendly neighborhood reminder…

YOU HAVE 4 DAYS TO MAKE THE FEEDBACK DEADLINE

if you don’t make it you can still enter, but If you want to have your car mercilessly roasted critiqued by the judges before you submit your final design, you have 4 days.

1 Like