Different track width

It would be great if we could set the track width of the bodymods front and rear separately. for example, for a citroen ds or a bmw isetta.

1 Like

Offset.

2 Likes

offset/spacing =/= track width

track width is the actual wheel to wheel length of the axle, while spacing is just how far the wheel is from the tips of the axle

1 Like

In practice they’re the same thing though, you still change where the wheels sit relative to the body.

I don’t see value in making the axles variable geometry for a minor aesthetic gain.

are we talking about the same thing? The point is that when I have made a body for automation, I have to value in unreal, in this case the front and rear axle always have the same value because I can only enter one value. a ds or isetta have much narrower rear axles

1 Like

Track width is the distance from middle of the left tire thread (measured on the ground) to the middle of the right tire thread.
@balkanski_brat that means it is not the axle, but axle+offset together that gives track width.

Which means, you can have 155/95r15 tires or 365/25r22.
As long as the rim widens equally in and out (as it does in Automation, I think?), you have the same track width.
That said, the moment you use offset, you increase the track width.

Here in Sweden you can only change it ±15mm on an already built car,
anymore and it is considered unsafe, therefore illegal.

2 Likes

They’re definitely not going to mod the game engine to expand mod capability any time soon.

It is only a suggestion to the developers of this game, whether that is feasible or not, they must decide. I did not ask to rewrite the whole game to fulfill my wish

1 Like