Engine Parameter Suggestion: Throttle bore size

It’d be a trade-off between power and economy.

honestly a viable way of reducing power and limiting the engine, but doesn’t add to fun-factor :frowning:

This would basically do the same as the fuel mixture silder already does. I don’t think redundant sliders, which are just named differently, are a good idea.

fuel mixture changes the amount of fuel not the amount of air

i know one good example which is Honda Civic 1996-2001 with 1.4i engine and has a limiting plate behind the throttle and does about 70hp, 1.4iS does not and does 90hp…
both engines are identical in terms of injection and ECU

Correct but in changing the amount of fuel your also manipulating the air:fuel ratio. Less fuel means more air (not in the aspect of amount of air through the throttle body bore) but in relation to the mixture and obviously effects engine output respectively. At this stage in the game fun factor and trying to get the tycoon part finished should be where its at and I think this implemented now would, not meaning to sound harsh, be a waste of time that could be spent on getting the final release out.

In saying that I love the idea and I’m sure throttle bore size is another one of those things that will be considered for the list of post-release mods! Be it community made or by the devs.

[quote=“Drummerdude48”]

In saying that I love the idea and I’m sure throttle bore size is another one of those things that will be considered for the list of post-release mods! Be it community made or by the devs.[/quote]

please look at my first post, i did mention as this not adding to fun factor

Yeah sorry, I was agreeing with you but it didnt really come across that way lol

sorry, didn’t mean to :mrgreen:

anyhow, good idea, too bad that it won’t be implemented any time soon

The difference between the 2.5 liter and the 2.8 liter engines in the BMW E36 ,(apart from the longer stroke crank) was the intake manifold.
Narrower runners made the engine stronger on lower rpm, and only 1 hp more despite 12% larger engine.
The cylinder head and cam are aparently identical.

This would be a nice addition to the game, no need to alter the graphics, just have a slider to tune the runner size slightly.

[quote=“RobtheFiend”]

This would be a nice addition to the game, no need to alter the graphics, just have a slider to tune the runner size slightly.[/quote]

i dont think is that easy. This is one more tool to be calculated with all the others. Its a good idea at all but maybe is not to the developers team.

The biggest problem isnt the making of the graphical side, but calculating how this will affect the engines performance and how it works together with fuel mixture and thus affects horsepower and torque etc. This would require a lot of testing and balancing again, which, like said by KillRob, isn’t the first thing to do right now. Main focus is on the car designer and tycoon part of the game.