Estrada-Vanguard Motors (Vanguard Est. 1962 Estrada Vanguard Es. 1990)

Not true :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

would this be a bad time to say that my parents drive a Prius 2

anyway, back to civil conversation, and replace merc with early 2000s Kia Rio

idk, 60+ mpg isn’t bad and it still feels good as new at 9 years old.

From american 60s supercar to modern Kias’ economy. I love that kind of conversations, where topics flow and shift :slight_smile:

Make that extra-urban. Cities are where hybrids get all their gains from. Everywhere else you’re better off with a Diesel.

in the UK we use larger gallons

All I can say to @PottoGadd

Back to the actual thread, the swallow looks like a concept car, one that might be powered by a jet-turbine or some new technology.

Any way, back to Estrada and the end of the 60s. A new grille design. The new grille design is used to differentiate the euro style cars from the US style cars, of course, it is another rendition of the Swift, now in the 3rd generation it has Aldercroft’s first inline engine ever, a 2.7 inline 6 producing about 150 bhp, the Lux uses a version of this engine, debored to 2l and producing 93bhp AND with a heavier interior, it would still get <20 to the imperial gallon and to 60 in under 15 seconds. The star of the show, however was the economy tuned Python engine in the Mica, featuring MFi, it was a 1.2 inline 4 producing a measly 53 bhp but able to achieve nearly 40 to the gallon. This made it extremely popular during the oil crisis of the early-mid 1970s in Britain especially, going up against established rivals like Morris Marina and Austin Allegro.
Slogan- Great Expectations, Great Results, Estrada Swift

1 Like

:joy:

But it actually has sportiness unlike its rivals (be it 0.2). I also like the look of it, nice going!

The Mica was the one going against the Marina and the Allegro as it has a similar output and weight. The Lux and Aldercroft really only did well before and after the oil crisis.

And now… 2 cars to one post, finally, a new mark of the Outlaw and a new model to replace the Swift.
In 1974, Estrada dropped a bombshell on all of its enthusiasts, the Aldercroft brand was dead and it was unlikely to be rvived within 25 years. The reason for the performance division was apparently bankruptcy, but some speculate that the brand was axed in favor of an offroading variant that was introduced on the new model called Solace with a colour of white being added to the options list at a price of £55 for the Solace and £75 for the new Outlaw.
The new Outlaw-
Outlaw-Built to explore

The all new Solace
Solace, reveal a revolution

2 Likes

Already working on the next car in a new lineup for Estrada. can you guess what sector it would be in if performance is off the list.

And now, the new Lineup spoiler alert: this lineup will lead to the demise of Estrada
The new Lineup is one of Luxury cars, the first car in this lineup was called the President, it featured more chrome than any Estrada before it, and a new super smooth inline 6 engine, good for 0-62 in under 10 seconds

1 Like

It is 1977, and, fearing another oil crisis, buyers are looking at smaller, more efficient cars. Engineers at Estrada have the perfect idea, take a 1.2l engine, similar to the one they put into the Mk.3 Swift and shoehorn it into something as small as, or even smaller than a Morris Mini Minor (Mini to you and me)

1 Like