Name of your team: Lizzott Racing
Name of team members: Salen00b
Class(es): Prototype, GT1, GT2

[quote=“Hallowenman”][size=150]– New Entry Registered –[/size]

The Automation Endurance Challenge - Entry
Name of your team: Belua Autoteknik
Name of team members: dragawn, strop
Class(es): Prototype, GT1, GT2[/quote]

Welp… this will be interesting, nice knowing you all.

Soon closing for new entries…

Could we have a set deadline?

I was asked the reason why I’m not entering. I’m waiting for the update in which the aero bug is fixed, for when I talked to strop about the various car’s I built, it was physically impossible to beat his times. I used 2 lips and 2 wings (for that oh so traditional double wing), and around the Brand’s Hatch Circuit I could not get closer than 3 seconds away from him. In an endurance race, 3 seconds a lap is a huge amount! I simply was not willing to sit there and put 80 wings and 80 lips on my cars to compete using that bug. So, I will wait.

Now, I am not encouraging anyone not to enter; the opposite if it is possible. The basic principle of motorsports still applies here, go fast! This only allows you to go faster, so use it if you must! Of course, still have fun, the point of the game. The time that it takes to place those things and then retune my car and the kind of shifty feeling it gives me was not balanced by the fun of competing and tuning, so I’m not competing.

Make sure that you guys have fun though! That’s what we’re all here for.

I chose not to abuse the aero glitch, despite knowing of it. The reason is that yes, you can create massive downforce with it, but that will make the drag coefficient worse, and that means high speed acceleration and fuel economy will suffer drastically. I only use 2 lips and 2 wings, and i think i have quite a good shot at finishing somewhere pretty high up. We’ll see though :wink:

[size=150]– New Entry Registered –[/size]

Name of your team: Wiler Racing Development
Name of team members: Rossriders, to be determined:
Class(es): Prototype, GT1, GT2

I’m shamelessly using the aero “bug” for as long as it remains available, for two reasons:

a) It was publicly promised that this would be temporarily fixed in the next update, and a permanent solution will be in place in the final release.

b) It isn’t simply a matter of putting more wings on a car. It’s just that the aero fixtures are limited so that while there is an optimal lift to drag ratio depending on angle of attack, the magnitude of the effect on a single fixture is fixed regardless of the size or shape of the fixture. I just don’t think that’s a representative limitation so I see no reason to be bound by it. Note: this means that in this kind of challenge in which economy is also important, the aero calculations change yet again!!!

p.s. this is something that is only significant for the prototype class. Attempting to use multiple fixtures in the GT classes will result in no advantage given just how low the downforce limits are. However, without giving too much away, the downforce figures for the final optimised prototype cars are remarkably true to life.

It’ll be interesting I suppose. Thing is …I’ve been putting together engines better than I have cars…which has made me wonder if I should be better off being an engine provider till I can do car setups better. But we’ll see.

Completely forgot about that aero bug…I’m now curious to see such a visual example of a car taking this to a logical conclusion.

Any one willing to throw out some info as to how their cars are coming along? Any previews?

Me and my team are currently working on the car for the Goliath class. The model isn’t done yet, but the design and the engine are. here’s the front end:

And while i’m not going to show you the engine stats, i can tell you that the engine fits even with AWD and it does 0-100km/h in 3.2 seconds :wink:

Err tom, I think that car was for a different challenge :laughing:

Errm… Yes, Tom, that was meant for the “100 Lap Challenge”.

oh… damnit. well, everyone already saw my car for this challenge then. For those who haven’t seen it yet, it’s on the 6th page of my thread.

Here’s a preview of my design

and a glimpse of my glorious powerplant!

I have no faith in any of this equipment.

As my first car design, i have no faith in my cars, but i will try anyway :wink:

[size=150]– New Entry Registered –[/size]

Name of your team: FRT Racing Development Division
Name of team members: tanito87
Class(es): GT2

[size=150]Update:[/size]

Deadline for when you have to send me you cars, engines and platforms is not set yet, but it is not much time left. I hope everybody have had enough time for making all the cars and engines, and I wish you all good luck! :slight_smile:
If many people still are working on their cars, then I may give you some extra time.

My team mate is currently travelling, so I’m waiting to finalise the cars we do have built. Will we get a couple of days warning before the deadline closes?

Additional question: when you say “steel”, for the chassis, do you mean steel only, or can we use AHS/Galvanised?

OK, strop has a legitimate question. AHS/Galvanized Steel are steel. Do they count, or must it be “Steel” only?

30% efficiency was really hard to get with any significant power! Come to think of it, 25% for the GT1 drastically cut into horsepower. But, I did manage to get both with a reasonable amount of the power allowed. I think the GT2 engine is far better in this respect. I’m not really close to 550 at all. I might have to rethink the turbo option.

Anyone still looking for a team? I could use some help. hahaha (I kinda suck at car design, so I’m using my ZX platform with small modifications, which is boring as hell)